shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm looking for info on this ring

liloette

Rough_Rock
I don't know who makes this ring or if the cut is oec or miners. Do any of you recognize who makes this or of a jeweler who can recreate with vintage diamond? I'd like for it to be between a 2-2.5 carat and a low setting with as many prong/claws as possible. I'm hard on things :) image_101.png

liloette

Rough_Rock
Disregard my friends text on the photo, ha ha.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It's hard to tell from the angle of the picture but it should be your personal preference. Do you prefer the more cushion, slightly squarish shaped appearance of an Old Mine Cut or the more round appearance of an Old European Cut? You can find many examples and diagrams of each cut on line to view. If you like more prongs, I would recommend the OEC. The mounting shown can be made as an antique reproduction or you could possibly find an original like the picture at an estate jewelry store or on-line estate website. I would focus on the main expense (the diamond). Find one that you love, then determine the best route for a mounting. Good luck.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe Caysie at CVBinspiredDesigns (a shop on etsy) can reproduce something similar?? She likes vintage/antique designs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results