shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m going to want a K ACA .33- .4 from Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Hi Pricescope,

I''m going to want a K ACA .33- .4 from Whiteflash of VS1, but hopefully VVS2 or 1.

For those more experienced than me (which is practically everyone) how often do you think these come up? How long do you think I might have to wait? Is it even worth waiting for an K ACA in this size?

Thanks. I''m planning a custom project, and it''s come to my attention that I want a K, but there don''t seem to be that many. Thanks for any perspective on this. (And thanks for all the help educating me so I could narrow down my choices- I''m working on 3 projects at this time- I''ll reveal them as they happen- the first one might not be this one and I expect to have it in about six months).

Thanks!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would get in contact with them and let them know what you are looking for so they have someone on the look out for that particular stone.
1.gif
I worked with Vera before and she was quite helpful. Very exciting project Imdanny
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have fun on your project. I look forward to seeing pictures of it.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Skippy!
35.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Marcy! My gold band is going to come first. I have almost enough to walk into the store and walk out with it! I''m giving six months as a conservative estimate. I hope to have it in three. Then I''ll want to take pictures of it for you guys, but I don''t have a camera. But I''m going to have to find a way. It''s only going to be new once, and I want to take pictures of the box, opening the box, the ring, etc.
3.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Danny, can you give a little insight as to why the color must be K and why the clarity must be so high?

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 2:34:40 AM
Author: Allison D.
Danny, can you give a little insight as to why the color must be K and why the clarity must be so high?
Perhaps are Danny and I clones?
I love to look at my diamonds with my loupe and to see nothing else than translucent diamond.
1.gif

And I really have fun with any color in the diamond.
Yes, I''m so stupid that I would buy flawless O-P colored diamonds and pay a premium for the cut, but that is just me.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 2:56:03 AM
Author: QueenMum

That's it, Allison. Now you all know our secret.
1.gif

I like K. It has a little bit of warmth that I like. So it's my favorite.

I like VVS2 because, unlike color, I like high clarity.

But if we were able to work out the other terms of my request (it's going to be a ring), I COULD go with J VS1. But I would like K VS1 as a second choice. J VVS2 as second. J VS1 would be third.

I'll be ready to do it after I finish the project I'm doing now (buying a gold band from ... well, let's leave that a mystery until its unveiling-- there's never been the brand, size, and metal of the band I'm getting posted at priescope and I think it will be a nice addition to the archives).

May I contact you then? Is a K ACA .33- .4 VVS2 impossible to get?

Thank you SO MUCH for your kind post.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 2:56:03 AM
Author: QueenMum

I love to look at my diamonds with my loupe and to see nothing else than translucent diamond.
1.gif

And I really have fun with any color in the diamond.

Yes, I''m so stupid that I would buy flawless O-P colored diamonds and pay a premium for the cut, but that is just me.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond.php?d=221&shape=1&clarity=2&color=2048&resultsColumns=268435471&singleResult=1

eNABLE :p

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Deelight, that''s pretty amazing. Wow.

Allison, Deelight is enabling me. I''ve been thinking about this. I might be willing to go from a .4 to a .5, if that helps with K VVS2 availability. The thing I''m concerned about is the height of the diamond. In other words, I don''t want it to be too high because I want the setting to be flush. The setting I want is one you''ve already made (I found it in your custom pictures I linked to from the homepage).

Please feel free to answer my questions here; also please feel free to give me an email address if you want to go ahead and give me a price quote for the ring. I already know what I want, so figuring out the options shouldn''t be all that hard. Thank you.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
IMDanny, I''m not concerned about availability per se; I just wanted to understand the significance to you.

Yes, you can feel free to get in touch. I don''t keep regular hours, so the best thing to do would be to email Vera ([email protected]), who can put you in very capable hands and help you get started looking.
1.gif

Of course, I''m happy to work through any questions you have here as well, and you''re free to reach me via email also if you wish.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like an exciting project Imdanny. I''ll be watching your posts to see what you come up with. Didn''t you love that thread on K''s?
35.gif
35.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
Imdanny, you are very lucky that you prefer diamonds of that color range.

Because of it you are going to get a larger, higher-clarity and better-cut diamond for your money.
Plus since you prefer that color range you are not sacrificing color you are actually getting the color you prefer.
Thumbs up for being a maverick!
It is so nice to read about someone who doesn't feel the obligation to be conventional.

If you want it to look even warmer I'd recommend setting it in white metal, like platinum or white gold.
If you want it to not look as noticeably warm, set it in yellow gold.

Whiteflash does great work and their ACAs are killer diamonds.
They will blow your head off with their light performance.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 1:39:21 PM
Author: Moh 10
If you want it to look even warmer I''d recommend setting it in white metal, like platinum or white gold.
Ditto.
But even then, an ideal cut will still be "white".

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
Imdanny here is a .332 ct., J, VS1, ACA with an HCA score of 1.3.

Link

With the PS discount the price is $494 if you wire funds.

You are in luck.
You have a selection.
WF also has three other very similar J, VS1, ACAs which are from .321 to .331 ct.

Since clarity is very important to you, you could compare the clarity plots of all four and pick the one with the inclusion(s) least bothersome to you.
In addition to comparing the plots you can decide you want one with, say, clouds but no feather.
Better yet, have WF pull all four and compare the inclusions for you.

You can also select based on girdle thickness if your setting exposes much of the girdle.
The spread of some are better than others too.
Having four diamonds to pick from that are so similar to your requirements is very unusual.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 1:39:21 PM

Thumbs up for being a maverick!

It is so nice to read about someone who doesn't feel the obligation to be conventional.
Well, thank you! You're too kind.
1.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 12:02:51 PM
IMDanny, I'm not concerned about availability per se; I just wanted to understand the significance to you.

Yes, you can feel free to get in touch. I don't keep regular hours, so the best thing to do would be to email Vera ([email protected]), who can put you in very capable hands and help you get started looking.
1.gif

Of course, I'm happy to work through any questions you have here as well, and you're free to reach me via email also if you wish.
Allison, perfect! I've made a note of it. Thank you.
1.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 1:51:49 PM
Imdanny here is a .332 ct., J, VS1, ACA with an HCA score of 1.3.

Link

With the PS discount the price is $494 if you wire funds.

You are in luck.

You have a selection.

WF also has three other very similar J, VS1, ACAs which are from .321 to .331 ct.

Since clarity is very important to you, you could compare the clarity plots of all four and pick the one with the inclusion(s) least bothersome to you.

In addition to comparing the plots you can decide you want one with, say, clouds but no feather.

Better yet, have WF pull all four and compare the inclusions for you.

You can also select based on girdle thickness if your setting exposes much of the girdle.

The spread of some are better than others too.

Having four diamonds to pick from that are so similar to your requirements is very unusual.

Thank you. I appreciate the help.
1.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 12:08:37 PM
Author: MMT
Sounds like an exciting project Imdanny. I''ll be watching your posts to see what you come up with. Didn''t you love that thread on K''s?
35.gif
35.gif
I did, thank you! Thank you for your kind words.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results