shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m getting my aqua asscher from Gary at Finewater today!!! Yay me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn''t it gorgeous? It''s 8.1 mm and 2.7 carats VVS.
Now the dilema is how to set it.

myAquaAsscher400 (2).jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah! I''ll look forward to your photos of it!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Love those asscher aquas!!!!!!
30.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
I can''t wait for you to get it!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coatmundi has a thread going around here on some ideas on how to set her assher aqua, maybe you can get some ideas there.

Very pretty, and Gary Braun is an absolute gentleman and is wonderful to work with.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, it''s gorgeous!!! I can''t wait to see more.
36.gif

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Ooooo, so pretty!

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
OHhh!! I am soooo jealous!!! Set it in a 3 stone ring with diamond side stones (step cut)!!!

Can''t wait to see more pictures!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh I love it. If you get tired of it I''ll send you my address.
11.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, I can''t wait to see more pics

ma re

Ideal_Rock
A very nice stone! I''d suggest a white gold or platinum bezel for this one, cause a) it will further deepen the color which can''t hurt any aqua and b) it will protect all of it''s tips and edges. Lasscreative was in serious dilemma about setting her bicolor tourmaline (avatar) for pretty much the same reasons. Of course, if you''re careful with rings and don''t plan to wear this too often you can even set it in prongs. In terms of style, I''d either leave it as a solitaire, combine with melee (not too much of it though) or go for step cut sides, but I''d think twice about diamonds in that version (so that they don''t outshine the aqua). Good luck!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2008 3:48:10 AM
Author: ma re
A very nice stone! I''d suggest a white gold or platinum bezel for this one, cause a) it will further deepen the color which can''t hurt any aqua and b) it will protect all of it''s tips and edges. Lasscreative was in serious dilemma about setting her bicolor tourmaline (avatar) for pretty much the same reasons. Of course, if you''re careful with rings and don''t plan to wear this too often you can even set it in prongs. In terms of style, I''d either leave it as a solitaire, combine with melee (not too much of it though) or go for step cut sides, but I''d think twice about diamonds in that version (so that they don''t outshine the aqua). Good luck!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the idea of the step cuts sides and have been looking for a nice pair with no luck
8.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 3:03:25 PM
Author: autumngems
I really like the idea of the step cuts sides and have been looking for a nice pair with no luck
8.gif
Yes, finding a pair of step cut diamonds in decent size is quite a task. Actually sourcing anything other than a single round brilliant diamond is quite a task. However, there are several options and I''ll mention a few just in case you haven''t thought of some.

- triangles can also be step cuts, and with the right design can work well with an asscher (although this cut is usually done in other materials, not diamonds; HERE is an example in cz''s)
- square step cuts might work
- square octagon looks like an asscher, but with a bit simpler facet arrangement
- emerald cut is classic and might be a great combo with your asscher, cause they could remind of pillars surrounding the center stone
- similar look can be achieved with BAGUETTES, but more clean and simple
- probably the simplest option is to source TAPERED BAGUETTES
- and of course, a pair of smaller ASSCHERS would also work great, but they''re hard to find in pairs

But whatever you do, keep in mind that you can''t use most of these elongated cuts set east-west, due to their lenght to width ratio and the size of your aqua, unless you''re using two smaller pairs. In fact 2 tapered baguettes on either side is what I''d suggest, cause in required sizes they''re not that hard to find and would work great visually (if you place them so that they follow the lines of asscher''s corners). Since your asscher is 8 mm it''s vertical sides are probably about 4 mm, which would mean that size of each of four tapered baguettes doesen''t have to be larger than 4x2 mm - and that''s the size with which they couldn''t outsparkle an aqua.

If you go with emerald cuts, a pair of 5x3 mm ones would be enough, and maybe even 4x2,5 would work, but they''re hard to find so small. You''ll probably more easily find a pair of 4x2 regular baguettes to set vertically - another great option, and not too expensive. If you go with square octagons or asschers, I believe 4 mm is the size to go for.

And there are also those fancy step cuts like kites, shields etc. so here are some of them:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THose are some great ideas, keep''em coming. I just sit here looking at my gem, it''s sooooooooooo pretty.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 3:05:37 PM
THose are some great ideas, keep''em coming. I just sit here looking at my gem, it''s sooooooooooo pretty.

Umm, I think we would be able to offer more assistance if there were more photos so we would also know how pretty your little rock is
12.gif
hehe

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That stone looks so gorgeous - can''t wait to see the pictures
2.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2009 3:08:53 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 1/9/2009 3:05:37 PM

Umm, I think we would be able to offer more assistance if there were more photos so we would also know how pretty your little rock is
12.gif
hehe
Ummmm.......yeah.........where are the photos?
11.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results