shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm Getting An Upgrade and My New RHR...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Some of you may remember my old thread 3 Stone Ring. Well my dear husband Marty had agreed on upgrading my 3 stone anniversary ring to a 5 stone for my birthday coming up.
31.gif
It's the 2nd pic in my old thread - thanks again Ana! So last Friday we went to our jeweler and we are in the process of having that done, but I had to leave my e-ring as well so our jeweler can match up the setting and thin out the band for future addition of another 5 stone ring to the other side of the e-ring. This can take up to 3 weeks.
It's been over a week and I'm going bonkers without my rings. I'm in withdrawal.
32.gif
. Everytime we pass by a mall store, we have to go in and browse just to get my fix in. So, this weekend we went across the border not intending to purchase a ring but we found a nice RHR while browsing. I've looked at a lot of RHR thanks to PS and B&M stores; I had set my mind on a sapphire with a diamond halo or just a RHR with diamonds but the most important was it suited me for everyday wear.
The attached picture is the ring. The specs to this ring is not great
14.gif
-- 5/8 tcw and the diamonds are G-I color, and I clarity. I knew beforehand that I was going to be in for inclusions. I guess I should have asked the saleslady for a loupe, it would have saved me from this but I was excited at the time. I just wanted a ring!!!
When we got home, I took out my trusty 30X loupe and examined the diamonds, I was utterly dissappointed
38.gif
. I saw carbon deposits in all of the diamonds and that just threw me right off. Since we bought it on a whim and not loving it now, we are returning it (90 day return policy) when we go into the US again in November. Marty says we will look at higher quality RHR somewhere else or maybe purchase online.
36.gif
I still can get a RHR but I just have to wait a little longer now.

But I still thought I'd share the RHR with you all. Sorry, no hand or flower pics.

WG RHR.jpg

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea what happened to my subject title. I think I had some sort of seizure or something or my apostrophy key is sticky from all of the drooling
18.gif
I do while I''m on PS.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a fabulous ring!!!! LOVE IT!!
30.gif
30.gif
It is so unusual and stylish!! That is such as shame regarding the I diamonds that you are not happy with - however I would imagine many diamonds of higher quality would show lots of inclusions at 30 mag! Are they eye clean to you? If so it sounds like you got a great deal with I quality, however if it isn''t " mind clean" to you, then returning it might be your best option. I have some I clarity diamonds and I tend to take the view if I can''t see it with the naked eye and it is unlikely no one else will, I don''t worry about it! However if the I quality bothers you, it might be best to return it. Nothing wrong with that at all, you have to do what is best for you as it is a very personal thing, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE that design!!!!!
10.gif
30.gif
I also hope your rings are done soon, it is so horrible having to wait for them
14.gif
14.gif
Good luck with your RHR, you obviously have excellent taste!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That ring is really cool, I love it!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that is one of the first RHR''s that Debeers put out a few years ago? I have seen rings like that around the mags and online and in the stores but never actually saw one on here surprisingly enough! It''s interesting that you say the diamonds aren''t great, though I am not surprised. But the prices for them I have seen out and about seem kind of typical DB high!
14.gif

Well now that you have had this first RHR impulse experience, you will probably end up with something REALLY fab at the end of it.
31.gif
Good luck!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That RHR is gorgeous, and very pretty!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you all for your compliments.

Lorelei: I love the syle too but it's just the diamonds I don't care too much for. If I can get another with VS -SI(eye clean) diamonds, then I would. I wouldn't mind if the inclusions wear feather inclusions but the carbon deposits (black specs) are a little too much for me. I think they're carbon deposit, please correct me if I am wrong. The larger of the diamonds are eye clean whereas I am amazed that the tiny little 'accent' diamonds are not, they are the worse out of the bunch. I would think it would be the other way around. I really do hope I can get my rings back sooner than later.

39.gif

Mara: I'm sure it's not a new design. I purchased this ring at Kay Jewelers

38.gif
, it's totally not me to purchase jewelery at a mall store since we have our own jeweler here in Vancouver,BC. but it was a impulse purchase. It was on sale from $999 to $599 but a little more after the exchange rate. The sale price should be the regular price for this, mind you it's surprisingly heavy for a ring. I suppose I was paying for the gold, btw is 14K.

I don't have flowers around so I improvised and used my lucky bamboo leaves. It's a better picture than the previous one. I wonder if any of the PS vendors would be able to replicate this ring or my own jeweler.. I guess I should ask, just never know.

BambooRHR.JPG

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I love the style of that ring. However, the black spots would drive me bananas too. I think you are right to return it. You would always be iffy about wearing it for fear someone would notice. I would definitely looking into getting one similar made. That design is so cool.

Shay

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, perhaps any jeweler can make that with the stones of your choice. Now that you have seen and tried out the ring itself, it may be convenient to get the better quality online even.

A setting like that is made by Stuller. Here it is Those pictures look less glamorous and the bands are not 'knife edge'. Aside that, the size and placement of stones is similar to your ex-ring. I wonder if the knife edge profile of the band is not a matter of finish. Also, a version could be available ready-made elsewhere. You never know.

There are more of the like down this page and there should be more in the same catalog.

Hope this helps
1.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I love that RHR. The inclusions would only bother me only if I could see them with my naked eye.

I was looking at the page in Stuller that Val posted (thanks, Val), and I thought that would be nice to have a RHR this style with all different color diamonds -- white, yellow, pink, champagne, green.
30.gif
Well, there''s another item for my every-growing list . . . way, way at the bottom.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results