shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m finally in LOVE! Thanks to Judah at Excel Diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
Happy Saturday! I hope you''re all having as good of a day as I am so far!

My quest for a new sparkly is finally over. (Whew!) I have been on the hunt for at least a few months now, and after having to return one and almost giving up buying from an online vendor, I got a special delivery from Fed Ex this morning. I am thrilled!

My experience with Judah at Excel Diamonds have been effortless in the sense that I felt reassured and confident the whole time I dealt with him. My first conversation with him was more than I expected. He spent time educatiing me about diamonds, telling me how his company worked, and answered all questions I had. Later during the day, I went through the diamond inventory on Excel''s website and sent him 6 stones that fit my criteria and budget. By the end of the day, he had narrowed it down to 1, and by the next morning I had pictures, IS, etc from him. Here I am a couple of weeks later, with the new ring! Judah was patient in answer every question I had and communication was great. I''ve read on PS that it''s important to click with the person you''re dealing with when finding a stone, and I have to say I totally clicked with him. I will not hesitate to refer him and his company to any of my friends and family.

When I ripped open the Fed Ex package this morning, and opened the ring box, my heart skipped a beat. Judah did send me a video of the ring before he shipped it and said that pictures don''t do it justice, but I thought of course he would say that, he''s the one that sold it to me. (hehe!) And the stones I chose for him to look at were all Js and Ks to maximize my budget to get the largest stone I can afford, after viewing only pictures of the Js and Ks on PS and having seen 1 J in real life. This stone is SOOOO white, showing some warmth from the side. Granted I''ve only had the ring for a couple of hours but I''m very happy I chose a K so far!!

The diamond sparkled like crazy! I brought it to different parts of my house to look at the stone in different lighting. It being totally eye clean is such an important thing to me. I haven''t been able to find any inclusions yet with my naked eyes. I used a 10X loupe and I do see 1 small crystal but it''s very small. I''m 100% satisfied.

Okay, I know I typed too much already and I hope you''re not all bored reading yet. I did go back and deleted almost half of what I initially typed (when I''m excited, I type as fast as I think!). I know you''re all thinking where are the pictures already!!

Here is the video of my ring.

http://animoto.com/play/gRUIftQMArTPc3vmbRiR1w

Specs of the stone:

K/VS2
5.92 x 5.96 x 3.64
Depth: 61.3%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 34%
Crown height: 15%
Pav Angle: 40.8%
Pav Depth: 43%
Girdle med to slighty thck faceted
GIA graded Ex/Ex/Ex
Fluorescence: Faint

Setting is their J-689 in platinum. http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Solitaire-Diamond-Engagement-Rings-11/Tiffany-Inspired-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-J869-1300.html

Here are the pictures. There''s alot so bare with me!
36.gif
3.gif

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
A little fire!

000_0048fire.jpg

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
I love it!

000_0049 - first.jpg

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
A little more fire!

000_0057 fire 2.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL ring and stone - absolutely lovely
9.gif

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
Finally, hand shots! This is with my 2mm WG wedding band.

101_0786 with wb.jpg

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
The ring by itself.

000_0053 sparkly.jpg

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
Another of the ring by itself.

000_0058 sparkly 2.jpg

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
Ring by itself from the side. hehe! Yeah, I went crazy with the camera.

000_0059 side.jpg

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
The very first arrows shot I ever took with my camera.

101_0787 first arrows.jpg

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I don't know how to re-size to show you guys the arrow pic. Sorry!

I don't know why my pinky curls up when I'm taking pictures. LOL! I just noticed it and it looks so weird!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, Adrienne!! I''m so glad that you had a great experience with Excel. Judah did well by you! Wear it with joy!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone, and I absolutely LOVE your setting! The set looks great on you, congratulations!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 1:36:56 PM
Author:adrienneg

This stone is SOOOO white, showing some warmth from the side. Granted I''ve only had the ring for a couple of hours but I''m very happy I chose a K so far!!
Wow, it does look white for a K - many congratulations! The solitaire you''ve chosen is very popular and will never go out of style
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congratulations! What size is your finger? Your stone is perfect on your hand!

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your wonderful comments. My finger is a size 4.75 or 5. The wb is a 4.75 and the solitaire is a 5. My fingers are a bit puffy from the pregnancy as well, so they fit a bit tighter than usual. :)

Regarding the K color, I do see the warmth a bit in the sun, but it doesn''t look like ugly yellow or anything. It seems to be more specs of browner/golden colors. And I don''t notice any difference between this K and the I color that I just returned.

:)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Congratulations!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
It is beautiful! COngratulations and enjoy it!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can see why, your ring is beautiful!! What a dazzler and a gorgeous classic setting, congrats!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
The set is beautiful - your two rings look perfect together!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cant believe that is a K! Its soooo WHITE! Beautiful...and your band matches your ering great!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations - it''s absolutely lovely!!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
It''s really pretty. Congrats!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
congratulations adrienne - it looks great on your hand - very classic and elegant!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
lovely! What a classic stunning ring!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is stunning! I am really starting to appreciate the lower colors!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful!! Congratulations!!
36.gif
30.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! I love the style!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
it''s beautiful. congratulations!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results