shape
carat
color
clarity

I''M FINALLY ENGAGED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
I am so excited to announce that I am finally engaged!!! My boyfriend, Nick proposed to me tonight (Friday), and I am so very excited!
appl.gif

We spent the day together on a day trip of looking for nice New England foliage - but after our huge wind storms this past week - most of the leaves have fallen off - but there was still some decent colors to see. We headed northwest to his old college in New London, NH so I could see where he went to school and then to White River Junction and Woodstock, Vermont, and Hanover, New Hampshire (home of Dartmouth College). We didn''t really know where we were going to go or what we wanted to do - but we got out and walked around a couple places. We did stop also at Quechee Gorge - which is basically a VERY high bridge that you look down and see the rushing river and rocks below. Awesome view - but not great for us people who fear heights, let me tell you. UGH! It was still very memorable....oh ya and COLD! We didn''t realize it was going to be as cold as it was. We did walk around a few shops in Woodstock, which was fun. But because of the cold - the outdoor sightseeing was limited. It wasn''t as cold at home on the New Hampshire Seacoase area, where we are from.

As it started getting dark we headed to his parent''s house near Concord, NH because we were going to meet them there for dinner. When we got there, Nick got out of the car, and I was fumbling around trying to put my digital camera away and get my purse - and Nick opens the door for me, and then I see him down on one knee on the pavement. I looked at him like "What are you doing?" - in fact I think I said that. Then he pulls out the box and shows me a ring and says "I don''t know if you were expecting this, but I can''t hold onto this any longer....I want to give this to you because you ARE the love of my life - I love you so much ...and will you marry me?" I just looked at him and all I could comprehend was him kneeling in his parents driveway in the dark talking to me.....and I said "What are you doing....Yes of course" --- followed by another "What are you doing???" I was in shock and just not even able to be emotional about it because I was so stunned.
eek.gif

So we hugged and kissed and went inside and told his parents... Me, still in shock - I had to look at the ring better and then said a few more "Oh my Gods". We then celebrated with some wine and then went out to a nice dinner with his parents. So we are VERY happy, and can''t wait to move forward with our life together!
love.gif

Here are some pics to share with you.
Check the Eye Candy Ring Folder - and there will be more.
naughty.gif

MarthaRing1.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
BY THE WAY:

VERRAGIO Euro Setting 8028
Platinum with 4 tapered baguette & 2 rounds 40cttw

Center Stone: (which I already had)
GIA Cert
1.07ct Round
H color
SI2 Clarity (very eye clean)
6.62 - 6.65 x 4.00mm
Depth 60.3%
Table 58%
Thin to Med Faceted
No Culet
No Fluor
Polish - Very Good
Symmetry - Very Good

love.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Side view....

MarthaRingSide1.jpg

diamond dazed

Rough_Rock
Proposing in New England in the fall -- there couldn't be a better backdrop for his kneedrop. :)

The ring is stunning. I love how the side diamonds seem suspended in mid-air. Beautiful!

Congratulations to you both!

Kris

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's really beautiful! Nice story too! Congrats!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations Dancin Girl,

I am so exited for the both of you and great story. I like the setting...Very Nice...

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
Yeah!!! Best wishes to you and congrats to Nick! Sounds like a perfect day. Your ring is beautiful. Happy wedding planning!!!

jenntheten

Rough_Rock
The profile of that ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congratulations!!!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats Dancin Girl!!!!
1.gif
Aw ... another unavailable beauty! :(
2.gif

Beautiful ring and all the best,

Rhino

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and lovely story. Congratulations!
1.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, Dancin' Girl! Your ring is lovely, and your story made me laugh. What a great proposal! I love how he completely caught you off-guard.
9.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Yes, he took me off guard for sure - and his family keeps making fun of him for being so UN romantic - poor guy. He knows I am a hopeless romantic, and because it was a last minute thing that we got to spend the day together, he wanted to do it and didn't have any time to plan anything out. He felt awful about that part. He works 6 days a week, about 10 hours a day, and our schedules usually conflict.

He was so nervous because I guess he has been holding onto the ring locked in his glove box for over a week now. All day while sightseeing he wanted to find the "perfect private spot" to do it, but nothing worked out for him at all, and we were both shivering most of the time we were outside. And there were always people around too.

So I guess his parents were expecting us to be engaged when we got there, so he couldn't wait anymore - and he just did it. So, even though it wasn't one of those fairy tale stories, it was still memorable and humorous. Oh ya, and he said he'd make it up to me with the romantic surprise another time. I'll take him up on that!
9.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations DancinGirl. Your ring is beautiful. That Verragio is one of my favorites!
appl.gif

Diamondlil

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Dancin Girl!!!! Aw ... another unavailable beauty! :(

Beautiful ring and all the best,
Rhino
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Awwee...Jonathan - I kept waiting and waiting for you, but I doubt you're wife would be happy if you asked me!
He-he-he!
naughty.gif

Thanks for the kind words though!

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Congrats dancingirl! Beautiful ring. I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate mishap, but I'm sure all will work out just fine.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Gorgeous ring and wonderful proposal!

curiouscanuck

Rough_Rock
Best Wishes DancinGirl! The ring is so beautiful! All the best for the both of you!
1.gif

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congratulations and Best Wishes DancinGirl!

When I was stationed up in New London, CT I used to drive all over New England just looking at the colors of the trees in fall. Beautiful!

Live is wonderful when you are in love!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Great proposal story Dancingirl. Congratulations again and keep us updated on the wedding plans.
1.gif

God's best to you.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Beautiful ring. Now comes the hardest part....... planning for the wedding!! YIKES! The message boards over at weddingchannel.com are great! Good Luck!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Many Congrats, DancinGirl! Beautiful ring and Great story!
love.gif

Best wishes to you both for a long and happy life together!
1.gif

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
Just saw this thread...congratulations!!! The ring is beautiful, and you sound very happy. Best wishes for a happy future!
appl.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your kind words! I am so happy, and I still can't believe now I actually have to start this wedding planning thing all over again. (been down this road once before as most of you know)

Thankfully - I already have my dream dress, table centerpieces, my photographer, and a good amount of homemade placecards.
9.gif

Ugh...now for the rest!

JC

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!! It looks like a beautiful engagement ring. Nice story as well. It looks like he did it right. Good luck...

snowball

Rough_Rock
DancinGirl,

That's the most gorgeous ring I've ever seen! Too bad I live in Toronto and there doesn't seemed to be any Verragio retailer in town...
8.gif

My mom gave me a ~1.2c RB as a wedding gift and I'd love to set it in a setting like yours. I may get a local jeweller to custom made a similar setting. Do you know the exact size of the 4 baguettes and the 2 rounds side stones?

Snowball

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results