shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m engaged! Thanks Mark at ERD!!!! Story and pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share the great news- my bf Brian and I are officially engaged!!! After many countless hours researching diamonds online, I found Pricescope. You guys are the BEST! Without this site, we would have never gotten the education we needed to make a smart purchase! And, I would have never found Mark Turnowski at Engagement Rings Direct, who was just awesome to work with. So, thank you to everyone here who offered advice and helped us through this process. We will be forever grateful! So, on to the story.....

At the end of the summer, Brian and I decided it was time to go looking for e-rings. After dating for over 2 yrs., we were ready! So, I emailed Mark one day, introducing myself, and speaking to him a little bit about what we were interested in. From the very first correspondence, he was so professional and sweet! He responded quickly and we set up an appt. with him the following week. I gave him some info- I wanted to choose between asschers, emeralds, and cushions...even though I have ALWAYS loved ec''s, I figured I would give the others I was slightly interested in a chance.

When we got to the office, he had some stones for us to look at. I immediately decided that was it- I wanted an ec! I did not even consider the asscher or cushion- I just knew after taking one look. It is so true when they say one stone should just speak to you. Emerald''s sure do speak to me- they always did!

Mark was great. Knowing we were from NJ (he is in Manhattan), he told us to go have lunch and come back, and he would have more for us to see. I was so impressed with how nice Mark was. He was talking with my bf about teaching (bf is a special ed teacher) and we just felt like we knew him forever!

An hr. passed, and we came back. Mark''s diamonds were just so beautiful! They were all ec''s, and each stone was breathtaking. What was nice was that we gave Mark our budget and specs we wanted, and he totally stuck with everything- he even suggested the cheapest stone when it came to making the final selection! Even though we spent so many hrs. in his office, he never made us feel rushed or pressured. He was so patient, sweet, and knowledgable. He is highly trained and really knows his stuff!

We bought the stone, and it was sent to the appraiser, Justin Krall the following week. Justin is such a pleasant, professional person too. My bf and I sat with him in his office (also in Manhattan) for the appraisal. He is honest, and his appraisals are so nicely done. We then went back to Mark''s office to finalize the setting.

Mark spent more time with us helping us pick out the setting. I knew I wanted a solitaire, but I also wanted pave- I love pave! But, I was afraid it would compete with the center stone. So, he suggested pave on the basket (all 4 sides) of the ring. He showed us an example (ring he made for another client) and I knew that was it.

All in all, the ring buying experience was awesome. I highly recommend Mark. He is great to work with. Justin is also great at what he does. I recommend him too if you need an appraiser....

So, thank you so much, Mark. Thanks for dealing with my countless emails and questions. Without you, I wouldnt have my dream ring!!! You rock!
2.gif

Ok, now on to the proposal story! My bf and I just returned from a trip in Puerto Rico. We stayed at the El Conquistador Resort and Golden Door Spa- I highly recommend if you are planning a trip there. It was so beautiful! Even though I knew he had the ring, he really did suprise me by doing it there.

On the 2nd day, my sweetie took me for a walk after dinner along the cliffs, overlooking the ocean. He got down on one knee, and popped the question. When we went back to the room, there was rose petals everywhere, champagne, candles- it was the best night of my life so far!!! I could not have asked for anything better!!! Here are some pics!

pr5.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
View from the proposal spot...

pr7.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
The amazing view from our room...

pr8.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Brian and I - we didnt even plan posing that way- great minds think alike!

pr6.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
My amazing ring...
Sorry, more detailed pics to follow...
I dont know why it looks so yellow in the pic. It is really icy white in person!!!

pr4.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!! The location is GORGEOUS and so is your ring!!!! More pictures please!!!
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Us by the pool....

pr1111.jpg

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Dani! What a gorgeous back drop for a proposal, he did good
1.gif
Alright, now hurry with those pics! Mark is great isn''t he
9.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
In from of the restaurant where we ate right before the proposal...

pr69.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Dani, you and Brian are such a cute couple. The resort pics are great and your ring is just gorgeous!!! I hear great things about Mark, he seems like a great guy to work with. Best wishes to you both!!!
30.gif
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
A picture of us literally right before the proposal- I was so oblivious and Brian was soooo nervous- the poor thing!!!

prdream.jpg

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
SO HAPPY FOR YOU! REALLY PRETTY!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
congrats!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
what a beautiful ring!!!!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a great story. I love your e-ring. You both look sooooo happy and make such a cute couple. The setting for your proposal was divine.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone!

Here are the specs (I know you''re gonna ask!!!)
emwink.gif

Emerald cut
1.70 ct
G/VS1
d 67.3%
t 62%
Pol/Sym VG/G
Fluor- none

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Setting is platinum solitaire with split claw prongs and 24 round pave diamonds encircling the basket- I will post more detailed pics as soon as I can!!!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! You two are so cute together, and the pictures from your vacation look incredible! What a great place for him to propose!

The ring looks pretty, but we need more pictures!!! Pretty please
1.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!! You and your fiance (how''s that sound? hehe) make a beautiful couple.

But...we NEED MORE PICS!!!! That one ring pic was such a tease!! :) I can already tell how gorgeous it is. I''m intrigued by the stones on the basket...can''t wait to see!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Congrats!!! Your ring looks beautiful, but I need more pics!!!
30.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! You two make a beautiful couple, and your ring...Your ring is just amazing!
30.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Great pictures and a beautiful ring!

Yes, we need more pictures. I want to see the small stones on the basket!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!! you two a such a cute couple!! great ring too. we need more ring pics!!! where''s that pave pic???

ello

Brilliant_Rock
How sweet!!! Congratulations. I love your ring. More more more - pictures please

36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats. I stayed at the EL Conquistador a couple of years ago and it was AWESOME. It''s just gorgeous there. Your ring looks gorgeous and can''t wait for some more pics of it
2.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are too cute! Congratulations on your engagement and your beautiful ring!
36.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
You guys are adorable! Your ring looks gorgeous--we need more pics of that beauty! Please!
4.gif

Congrats on your engagement!
36.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Cute couple, beautiful ring, gorgeous setting, what more could one ask for? CONGRATULATIONS!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring and a beautiful place to get engaged. Congrats and best wishes. More pics please.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results