shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm engaged! Take me off the list :)

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

I got engaged a little over two weeks ago! My boyfriend got down on one knee at home just before he left on a two week business trip. It was a very low-key proposal. There was no big speech or anything - just "Will you marry me?" It was enough for me to say yes. :)

Pictures of my ring are already plastered all over Pricescope, but here it is again:
ring1_37.jpg

The diamond is a 2.02 carat GIA certified J color XXX SI1 diamond that I got from James Allen. The setting is the Sholdt semi-bezel in platinum which I commissioned directly from the Sholdt workshop here in Seattle. It's a size "4-minus" (somewhere just under size 4 on their mandrel).

I'll be doing a SMTB thread in a little bit too to document my ring creation odyssey. To be honest, I'm kind of over diamonds now after being obsessed for months. I just got a new puppy about a month ago and I've been completely absorbed with raising a well-behaved, socialized dog - so I haven't been posting much to PS lately. My puppy's a lab mix we adopted from the Seattle Humane Society. I love her so much but it's been a big adjustment from life with no dog to life with an energetic and destructive puppy. :)

Here's a picture of Phinney Seven (Phinney after our neighborhood and Seven because she's lucky #7 in her litter - we just call her "Phinney"):

Thanks for all the support and encouragement, ladies!
sortmon

img_1147.jpg

wsucheerleader

Rough_Rock
Congrats! That looks AMAZING!!!!

Jumpin_Jacks

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!! Gorgeous stone!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo!! Gorgeous ring!! And so you know, I am in love with the pup just a little bit too :love:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful and your new pup is adorable. :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and on the adoption of your gorgeous puppy!! Love both! But your ring is FAR sparkler than Phinneys tags! Enjoy both :D

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations and Best Wishes! The ring is wonderful, but I'm completely distracted by THE PUPPY!! She is tdf.

:appl: :appl: :appl:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1370473757|3459714 said:
Congratulations and Best Wishes! The ring is wonderful, but I'm completely distracted by THE PUPPY!! She is tdf.

I completely agree. I don't love my ring nearly as much as I love my puppy. However, my ring does not tear up my carpet or whine to be let out at 4am. On the other hand, my ring does not kiss me on the nose and is not nearly as huggable.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sortmon! How could you keep this from us, lady!! :love: CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you! Phinny is beautiful.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1370474442|3459720 said:
Chewbacca|1370473757|3459714 said:

I completely agree. I don't love my ring nearly as much as I love my puppy. However, my ring does not tear up my carpet or whine to be let out at 4am. On the other hand, my ring does not kiss me on the nose and is not nearly as huggable.

Congrats sortmon!!! I love da puppy, more pics please :)

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Get outta here, your new avatar is TOO CUTE.

I love what you said about puppy vs. diamond, aww! :twirl:

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Yay!!! Congrats!!!! What an adorable puppy and what a beautiful ring!!! So happy for you!

Love the low-key at home proposal... that's very similar to how my went and I wouldnt change it for the world. Just perfect! :))

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! I like the low key, just the two of you proposals. And of course your PUPPY!!!!! So excited that you decided to get her!!! She is such a cutie.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the well-wishes everyone! I'm relieved to be engaged, but now my parents are pressuring me to set a date. They cannot wait to have me married off and not living in sin (my parents aren't religious, just very conservative).

Phinney has been a great addition to our lives. She's very strong-willed and likes to test her boundaries so she keeps us on our toes. I love her! My ring is nice, but PUPPY >>> ring.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
audball|1370899329|3462914 said:
Congrats!!!

Thanks, your setting was one of my inspirations!

audball

Ideal_Rock
sortmon|1371006388|3463920 said:
audball|1370899329|3462914 said:
Congrats!!!

Thanks, your setting was one of my inspirations!
Welcome to the Sholdt family!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
I like visiting your thread to look at your ring setting :0)

SMC

Ideal_Rock
maple2012|1371233600|3465870 said:

Aww, thanks! I can't wait to see pictures of your diamond in its new setting!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
sortmon|1371261720|3466229 said:
maple2012|1371233600|3465870 said:

Aww, thanks! I can't wait to see pictures of your diamond in its new setting!

I can't wait either! We are officially in week 4 of Maple without her diamond... what an awful wait it has been. Honestly - I didn't think the wait would be this bad!

Fiancee and I leave on the 23rd (one week from today) to California to look at four wedding venues (3 in big sur and 1 in napa valley) and to visit my parents and family for the first time since our engagement... I have told BGD that i NEED my ring back by end of week at the latest... they said early last week that i'd have it by then... but i'm so worried I wont get it back on time. :(sad

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results