shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 2.02 ct GIA J SI1 XXX RB in platinum Sholdt semi-bezel

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Finally engaged! Here are pictures of my ring that I commissioned directly from the Sholdt workshop here in Seattle. Kalee Sholdt was wonderful to work with - my emails were always responded to within minutes! Benefits of getting my ring setting locally include free lifetime resizings and free polishings.

Diamond was purchased from James Allen. Garrett helped me out with my purchase and I can't recommend him enough. He was knowledgeable and very patient. My diamond was originally set in the JA pave twisted shank platinum setting (the one with pave only on one twist) and though it was pretty, I thought it was set too high and found pave too scratchy on my fingers. I also thought that the contrast between the higher colored pave and the lower colored center stone was very noticeable in indoor lighting. The Sholdt feels smooth, sturdy, and unobtrusive.

Diamond stats:
2.02 carats
GIA Triple Excellent
J color
Medium blue fluorescence
SI1 clarity (eye clean)
Table 57%
Depth 62%
Crown 35 degrees
Pavilion 40.8 degrees
HCA 1.7

Setting specifics:
Platinum
Size 4-minus (somewhere just under a size 4)
Tapers to 2mm at the back

img_7208.jpg

img_7218.jpg

img_0927.jpg

img_0937.jpg

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! :). Nice bling. :)

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It looks GREAT!!!!! Congrats on your engagement!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Talk about perfection, I love Sholdt and your diamond is huge :lickout: Yummy! It's the Bomb :appl:

Add it to the Sholdt thread, pretty please :bigsmile: We need to grow the eye candy in that thread!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
woofmama|1370573525|3460672 said:
Congratulations! Talk about perfection, I love Sholdt and your diamond is huge :lickout: Yummy! It's the Bomb :appl:

Add it to the Sholdt thread, pretty please :bigsmile: We need to grow the eye candy in that thread!

Thank you! I added it the Sholdt thread - I love that thread! :)

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
How beautiful! congrats on the engagement!!!!!

more pics!!! :appl:

**** EDIT: SORTMON, i didnt put 2 and 2 together that this post was yours as I didnt recognize your new mug picture with the puppy and i've only stopped by pricescope here and there the past few weeks... omg! CONGRATS on the engagement!!! i love your ring! its so beautiful!!! so happy for you!!!! *****

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's fabulous!!! Big, blingy and beautiful, just how I like 'em! :love: Congrats!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Congrats!!!!!! On getting engaged!!! I'm so excited for you! More pictures!!! Cuz this ring is a beauty!! And after seeing it in person, I had withdrawal symptoms! So more!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love a semi-bezel and boy, does that look gorgeous on your teeny tiny finger!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, it's lovely and huge!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring looks perfect on your hand! Congratulations on your engagement!!! :wavey:

nicoleanne

Shiny_Rock
Just gorgeous. :love: I can only imagine the sparkle that thing throws...

SMC

Ideal_Rock
YT|1370584884|3460747 said:
Congrats!!!!!! On getting engaged!!! I'm so excited for you! More pictures!!! Cuz this ring is a beauty!! And after seeing it in person, I had withdrawal symptoms! So more!

Happy to oblige:

sholdt-side-closeup.jpg

sholdt-indoor-lighting.jpg

sholdt-outside.jpg

sholdt-sunlight.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement!!! Your ring is gorgeous!!! :love: And the diamond looks huge on you!!!
Wear in health and happiness! :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
The Sholdt semibezel is one of my all time favorite settings. It is so chic and modern and clean.

Congrats!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful ring - congrats!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow, that is really gorgeous...nice choices. Looks fantastic on your beautiful hand! congrats!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Looks perfect, congratulations!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I'm happy to be engaged. I'm glad that I decided to go with a lower color stone - I was able to go larger and it looks very white most of the time.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the engagement! Your diamond looks huge on your finger! :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS ring!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh! oh! oh!!! Its AWESOME!!! That's a fantastic setting- sleek and stylin' while being super solid and secure!! (look at all those "S's"!!! :lol: )

Fantastic on your hand - just perfect!! Yay!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
congrats!

well done on the ring design and diamond!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! Congratulations! My e-ring is also in a semi-bezel so I heartily approve! And...NICE SIZE! :appl: :appl: :appl:

DeannaShanelle

Rough_Rock
Hey there I was thinking about getting this ring in rose gold. How has it been going so far with your engagement ring? Does it get dirty easy? and Is it easy to clean???? Your ring is very beautiful congrats on the engagement :love: :love: :love:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
DeannaShanelle|1386883058|3573103 said:
Hey there I was thinking about getting this ring in rose gold. How has it been going so far with your engagement ring? Does it get dirty easy? and Is it easy to clean???? Your ring is very beautiful congrats on the engagement :love: :love: :love:
It's pretty awesome! I still love it the most out of all the settings possible. The rose gold one would be perfection:
sholdt_rose_gold.jpg

I think it's relatively easy to clean if you soak it in hot water and then scrub with a baby toothbrush. I also use jewelry cleaner on it. I live close enough to Sholdt that I can pop in there for them to clean and polish my ring whenever I want to. I've done that once.

One thing to note - the diamond can become loose in the bezel. Mine did after about 6 months of wear - not loose enough to fall out, but loose enough that I could turn it a few degrees. I took it in, and they tightened it on the spot. It's not as secure as you think it is.

DeannaShanelle

Rough_Rock
Ok thanks for the info. that helps a lot in my decision. I work in the medical field and have had troubles in the past with loosing stones or knocking them out of my rings. So Im looking for a really secure design this time. Having serious trouble finding a secure design.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
DeannaShanelle|1387227290|3575524 said:
Ok thanks for the info. that helps a lot in my decision. I work in the medical field and have had troubles in the past with loosing stones or knocking them out of my rings. So Im looking for a really secure design this time. Having serious trouble finding a secure design.
I would say that it is very secure still but if you want total security, a full bezel would be the way to go. When mine did become loose, there was still no way that it would have fallen out. If you ever get a pronged ring, you'll still need to get the prongs checked too.

Just FYI, when I talked to Kalee, she mentioned that the larger the diamond, the less "secure" this setting would be.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How'd I miss your gorgeous ring, sortmon? It's only my favorite setting ever! Love :love: :love: :love:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1387250764|3575823 said:
How'd I miss your gorgeous ring, sortmon? It's only my favorite setting ever! Love :love: :love: :love:
Thank you! I love it too, and can't imagine a better setting for me! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results