shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m engaged!!! Story and pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Well another crossed off the ladies-in-waiting list - I am now engaged!

My BF went out yesterday afternoon, I was a little bit grumpy as I knew that he was going to propose sometime in the near future and I had hopes for this weekend, but he said he had to go to work.
8.gif
He had been gone about 15 minutes when he called me and asked me to hang out some wet laundry he had left in the machine - I wasn''t too impressed by this stage so didn''t exactly run down to do it - about another 15 minutes later I finally went to the laundry room to hang it out...and on top of the washing machine was a rose and a red envelope. I opened the envelope and it contained a poem and a message saying that I was going on a treasure hunt!!! There was a clue to go look somewhere which I recognised as a wharf we used to sometimes go to about 10 minutes drive from our house.

So I jumped in my car and went to the wharf, and found the next clue in another red envelope hidden around the side of the boathouse, again containing a poem and clue. I then went to several other locations around the city for about an hour, following clues and finding new ones at each place, and each location was somewhere special for us e.g. where we had watched fireworks at New Years, or gone on a picnic etc. The last one was on a clifftop overlooking Auckland harbour, it was a place we had discovered one day which is totally secluded with amazing views of the city, I don''t think many people know how to get there, we sort of found it by mistake. I had to wait there for about five minutes as per instructions and then I saw my BF walking up the track to me, he was all dressed up in his suit and carrying a bunch of roses, when he reached me he read me another poem and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, then slipped the ring on my finger!!!
love.gif

We stayed there a while and had some champagne which he also bought with him, then went home to call family and tell them the news. It was absolutely magical and I can''t believe how much effort he went to ensure it was a really really special proposal for me
love.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Great story! Now where are the pics?
11.gif

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
So here are some pics of my ring, it is a little smaller than most on this forum but I'm from New Zealand where a ring larger than 0.5 carat is considered very large, so I'm plenty happy with mine
twirl.gif

GIA/Ice "Ideal" Cut

Shape: Round brilliant
Colour: F
Clarity: VS2
Weight: 0.7 ct
Dimensions: 5.87 - 5.9 x 3.45
Depth: 58.6%
Table: 57.0%
Girdle: 1.02% thin
Cutlet: 0.5% very small
Crown Height: 13.3%
Crown Angle: 31.5
Pavilion Height: 42.7%
Pavilion Angle: 40.6

HCA: 1.2 BIC

It is a half bezel which is kind of hard to see from the hand pics, I will try and take some better ones later (did the put the hand in the scanner thing!) I love the ring and the half bezel setting, but will probably get the band narrowed slightly as the jeweller left it deliberatly wide so that I could "personalise" it once my BF had proposed.

Oh this is annoying, when I go to upload the photos it says "An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator." .... will try again soon?

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
FYI--make sure the pic you're trying to upload is a format accepted by this server (like a jpg) and that it has a unique name. Try putting a bunch of numbers after your filename so it's unique, like eringscannerpic837459.jpg.
2.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also make sure it is less than 100 KB in size.

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Oh yay it finally worked!
hand in the scanner pic...

sjje.ring hand.jpg

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Another hand photo

sjje.ring hand2.jpg

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Side shot showing the half bezel - I really love that you can see the entire side of the diamond in the setting although its not entirely clear from this pic

sjje.ring-side2.jpg

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Another side shot

sjje.ring side1.jpg

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
JennaJ........Congratulations!
appl.gif

He certainly did put a lot of thought into the proposal. I'm sure you're still on cloud 9. Beautiful ring.

Many many blessings.
1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Jenna, your ring is gorgeous! These bezel settings I have seen on here lately look awesome, a break from the usual solitaire, a little spicier! Congrats
appl.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
M'am, the ring is adorable,...and the story
9.gif
!!

I can't start to think how your fiance could wait an entire hour with roses and ring
12.gif

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!!!

Congrats
1.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwwww!!! That is an AWESOME proposal story, and I LOVE your ring too! What a great way to do it, and how special for you
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Best wishes for your lives together!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
congrats jenna. Great ring. and awesome proposal story.

sluke

Shiny_Rock
awesome proposal story and beautiful ring! Congrats!

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Here is another better side on pic
1.gif

sjjringcloseup.jpg

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Whatta beautiful ring! It looks soo great on your finger
love.gif
Congratulations/Best wishes Jenna!
appl.gif
And thank you for sharing - what a luvly story!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful Jenna! I love the side view where you can see so much of the stone.

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Jenna!!! Sooo happy for you! What a sweet, thoughtful proposal!! The ring is beautiful as well
1.gif

Wow, so many coming of the "list" at one time...Yipee!!!

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Congrats on your engagement! Your BF sounds so sweet - what a thoughtful proposal! The ring is gorgeous! I love the half-bezel and it looks perfect on you.

Enjoy this FUN time!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Jenna! Your ring is beautiful -- classic lines yet unique! And what a sweet proposal story. Best wishes.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Jenna, congratulations! I love your ring, i guess because it looks a lot like mine.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome! That really is lovely--I do like the half-bezel on that ring!!
1.gif

I agree with Ana, your man must've been going crazy with jitters while he waited for you! How sweet!
13.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow, a treasure hunt. How exciting. What a well thought out proposal.
Beautiful ring. It looks very lovely

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
what a romatic proposal! i can't even begin to imagine what he must have been feeling waiting for you! and the ring is absolutely lovely on your finger. congraulations to you both!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I love the sleek setting--so unique! Gorgeous stone too!
love.gif
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how sweet!!! Congrats! Its so pretty!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I love that setting. It would be great for someone who wears gloves at work.

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone - we went to the jewellery designer to have the ring designed in mid July and as I never got to see the finished product until my fiance slipped it on my finger I was a bit nervous about how it was going to turn out - but I love it
love.gif
although I am still considering having the band narrowed slightly but will wait for a week and see how I feel (to clarify I have long, but big fingers (size 7) so I'm quite happy with the overall size of the ring, would just maybe like the band tapered a bit more...)

Actually my fiance wasn't waiting for me the entire time on the cliff top - he was sneaky and waited at the top of our road until I drove off to the first clue location then came home and got changed into a suit (I would have thought something was up if he had left the house in a suit to do saturday work!). He then waited near the last location so he could see me drive past, and followed me there - although I did have to wait about 5 mins before he showed up
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results