shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m engaged!!!! RB Pave w/ Halo...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
Its official! I''m engaged!!! I cant believe it finally happened...

Story: My FI really wanted to catch me off guard... and he totally pulled it off!

We had just gotten our rv back from the shop, and we decided that we needed to label everything in the side bins. So as I''m calling off that he needs to type (ie: Sleeping bags, chairs, bbq) i get to the second from the last and tell him to type tools. instead of handing me a label that says tools, he handed me on e that said, "Will you marry me?". I was so caught off guard the I thought he was joking! That is until he asked again and pulled out the ring!

So now here are a TON of pictures, hope you all like them!!!

P.S. I think that the center stone is cracked.
29.gif
I''m taking it to the jeweler tomorrow to have him fix it! So, for now this is what it looks like!

Proposal 001234.JPG

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
Fire.

My engagement ring2-16-08 002002.jpg

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
The FI calls these lettuce pictures!

My engagement ring2-16-08 004002.jpg

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
More...

My engagement ring2-16-08 01002.jpg

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
More...

My engagement ring2-16-08 01302.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, and congrats!

Why do you think the stone is cracked? What are you seeing?

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
More...

My engagement ring2-16-08 02402.jpg

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
More...

My engagement ring2-16-08 03902.jpg

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
More...

My engagement ring2-16-08 04002.jpg

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
Only one more....

My engagement ring2-16-08 04602.jpg

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
Last one!

last one31608.jpg

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
Ellen, there are 2 feather like lines that come off the prong in a "v" like pattern. Honestly , I''m not sure that its cracked, its just the only thing that makes sense.

I can try to post some pics if you want...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 2:03:57 PM
Author: Mchllmarsh
Ellen, there are 2 feather like lines that come off the prong in a ''v'' like pattern. Honestly , I''m not sure that its cracked, its just the only thing that makes sense.

I can try to post some pics if you want...
Sure, go ahead. I don''t know if we''ll really be able to tell, but it''s worth a shot.

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
Heres the best picture of that inclusion...

Crack2001.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your setting is gorgeous! Fingers crossed that the stone is okay ... there have been numerous posts about polishing compound, etc., giving the appearance of damage, so hopefully it'll turn out to be something that's easily rectified.

ETA: We cross-posted ... hm. It's hard to diagnose from photos alone without causing unnecessary worry, but I'll agree that the placement and nature of the feathers look suspicious. Good luck!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I think you better just take it in. Let us know how it goes!

Gr8fulDave

Rough_Rock
Congrats and very pretty and unique looking ring. When did you get engaged? I just proposed on Friday 3-14, and I also fooled my fiancee as to the timing.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a precious engagement story! Lovely ring, I hope the stone is ok! Get it checked out and let us know what they say.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That is a beautiful setting! Love all the pave!
30.gif

I hope the stone is ok!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement and your lovely ring!!! I hope everything turns out okay and the stone is not cracked!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your sweet engagement! Lovely ring! I hope your stone is ok!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Congratulations on your engagement, I hope your stone is ok!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I hope your stone is okay! Congrats on your engagement.

sera

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS! What a cute proposal!

The ring looks really lovely on your hand.

I hope the diamond is ok, but if not, it gets taken care of quickly and without any trouble.

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your lovely coments!

So I went to the jeweler today... he wont replace my diamond. he said that when my FI walked out of the store, that the diamond was perfect. But on our side it sat in a sfae from the day he picked it up to the time he put it on my finger. Plus the fact that my FI doesnt know a crack from a piece of dirt, doesnt help.

The jeweler did say that he would incur half of the cost for a new diamond... but that going to be close to 1400.00 still that i have to pay.

Honestly im really upset about this whole thing... I guess I just have to enjoy what I have for now, because even with the crack, its absolutly beautiful!
8.gif

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
Gr8tfuldave: He just proposed yesterday! It was amazing...

Fleur

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. I love a good engagement story! Your ring is really lovely. I hope everything works out with it. Keep us posted!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 6:11:21 PM
Author: Mchllmarsh
Thank you all for your lovely coments!

So I went to the jeweler today... he wont replace my diamond. he said that when my FI walked out of the store, that the diamond was perfect. But on our side it sat in a sfae from the day he picked it up to the time he put it on my finger. Plus the fact that my FI doesnt know a crack from a piece of dirt, doesnt help.

The jeweler did say that he would incur half of the cost for a new diamond... but that going to be close to 1400.00 still that i have to pay.

Honestly im really upset about this whole thing... I guess I just have to enjoy what I have for now, because even with the crack, its absolutly beautiful!
8.gif
Well that stinks!

As long as you see it as "absolutely beautiful," I would save that $1400 to go towards a stone at Whiteflash or Good Old Gold. I would not purchase from that place again. (I find it odd he would "incur" half the cost if he felt no responsibility. Though "half" of the cost is not exactly half the cost... so he gets a profit no matter what. That really stinks.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results