shape
carat
color
clarity

i''m engaged! my cushion cut from GOG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 11:06:40 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
I have culet envy!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I love the stone :) I just want to know why it isn''t an old mine brilliant! maybe egl doesn''t have that designation, because it certainly would qualify! No, I daresay old mine cut all the way! love it!!!!!

I knew Sara would be drawn into that culet... and I totally agree on the OMB designation... my guess is that EGL certs OMCs, but not OMBs; or it is even more erratic than GIA in picking the right name for old-cut cushions.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
I am like cera on this one - I love that culet!
36.gif

Beautiful ring and congrats on the engagement!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Cehra and Jeff - I agree that it look a lot like an OMC. In all honestly, the EGL cert just says "Cushion". I don''t believe they use any other name for the cut. I put Brilliant because it''s definitely not a modified.

As for the culet....I LOVE IT! It''s definitely the look I was after. And this thing sure is a firecracker! Lots and lots of rainbows! Right now I''m at work, and even in the this horrible office lighting, this thing just glows....I cannot say enough how in love with it I am. Tim at GOG did a great job finding this beauty.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
RE: the setting.....the band is 3mm...not thick at all in real life. Pics are soooooooo deceiving. The first thing I said when I saw the settings at GOG was how TINY they all looked. Before actually looking at settings, I was convinced I wanted no more then 2.5mm band, actually more like 2mm....after seeing bands that thin I couldn''t do it. They just didn''t look "right" on my hand and they really were itty-bitty.

The setting is much more daintly in person then it appears to be in the pictures...i absolutely love it.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi! I love your ring! I have the same setting so of course, am rather partial. Your stone looks perfect in it''s X prong home!! The size is just perfect and I love the shape of it.

Any thoughts as to what you''ll do for a wedding band!?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 8:50:30 AM
Author: cdt1101
RE: the setting.....the band is 3mm...not thick at all in real life. Pics are soooooooo deceiving. The first thing I said when I saw the settings at GOG was how TINY they all looked. Before actually looking at settings, I was convinced I wanted no more then 2.5mm band, actually more like 2mm....after seeing bands that thin I couldn''t do it. They just didn''t look ''right'' on my hand and they really were itty-bitty.

The setting is much more daintly in person then it appears to be in the pictures...i absolutely love it.
oh no no no.... I mean it as a GOOD thing! LOL The little 1.8mm bands look pretty but I find the durability questionable, but then again if I was planning to change my setting every other year that wouldn''t matter LOL 3mm is thickER for around here! But you have a big stone so you still have TONS of overhang!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Cebha - don''t worry, I know you meant it in a good way
9.gif
I really love the setting, I think it complements the stone very well!

Gail - I haven''t thought too much about the wedding band. I love this stone so much, that I don''t know that I want to take away from it. But we''ll see. I do love this leon band though, so maybe...

r573-01Ww.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is one heck of a gorgeous stone, and your setting shows it off perfectly! Congrats!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, and I love the setting!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing stone! I love the overall shape and the band width looks great with it. Congrats!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I just looked at your pics again and ya know....I think the larger culets are growing on me. Yours looks really cool! Hmmm...may be something I need to consider for future bling!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Dianne! I really love the large culet. One thing to keep in mind though is that it''s not as ''large'' as it appears in pics. I mean you can definitley see it, but my hand needs to be about 6 inches from my eyes to see it. And i know it''s there! I don''t think anyone else who has seen it has even noticed it with all the sparkle!

Anyway...I took more pics today. It''s so hard to capture the beauty of this stone in pictures though....

IMG_myrg21.JPG

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_myrg22.JPG

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_myrg23.JPG

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_myrg24.JPG

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
last one!

IMG_myrg20.JPG

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning! I love cushions! Congrats!
36.gif
30.gif

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous Ring!!!!! Congratulations on your engagement and Thanks for sharing!!!!

MWG

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, I missed this thread somehow but I loveit, Loveit, LOVEIT!!
30.gif
Your ring is kinda what I am hoping for once my time comes around...
28.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still just looking at it thinking how gorgeous it is............beautiful and classic look with such an incredible stone. I know you are enjoying it!!!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, you are making me want a cushion cut soooooooooo bad! That diamond is *AmAzInG*!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Dear goodness, those chunky facets are T O D I E F O R !!! Congratulations
30.gif
9.gif
30.gif
!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I love cushions...and that one is to die for! SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Holy.

I''m in love with it! WOWZA!

Enjoy it and post more pics whenever you feel like it. I love it so much!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results