shape
carat
color
clarity

I''M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!! Here is my ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleBreann

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! I''ve been a lurker on here for a couple of years and I''ve drooled over everyone''s rings! There are so many gorgeous rings! Thank you for sharing them! Finally I have an engagement ring of my own to share!!!

A little bit of background...My fiance and I have known each other for 6 years. We are both 20 years old and will be 21 in October. Our birthdays are 4 days apart (just like his parents!). We actually met in junior high and have been the best of friends ever since! We didn''t start dating until after high school. He has always said when he first saw me walk into biology on the first day of school he was blown away and thought I was the perfect girl. He had a crush on me all throughout high school but I always just thought of him as my best friend. Towards the end of high school he, as he said gave up on me, and began to date someone and I became incredibly jealous and we didn''t talk for a few months. It was the worst time of my life and I realized how much I truly loved him and needed him in my life! We reconnected and became friends again and a few months later his relationship ended. About 1 year later we started dating (during our 1st year in college). We were inseperable and without a doubt had the best time in both of our lives. We talked about marriage and our future together as soon as we started dating. Not having each other as our best friends for that time in high school made us realize we weren''t meant for each other. It''s funny looking back because there were NUMEROUS signs that we were meant for each other! There is one sign that I have always thought was so sweet! We went to our first high school dance together (as friends when we were 14) and the night when our mom''s met they both said we were going to marry each other one day. His mom told him, "Your going to marry Michelle, I just know it. She''s going to be my future daughter-in-law." My mom told me later that night after I got home from the dance, "Michelle you are going to marry Chris, I feel it in my heart!". Looking at the pictures we even look like we are getting married! I had a white ballroom type dress. Ha ha! We are both college students, He is going into business and I am not sure yet what I want to do. I always wanted to be a doctor but now I am questioning it because I don''t know if being in school until I am 28 or 29 and not being able to have chilredn is the right decision for me. I guess in time I will decide what I want to do!

So...He proposed on April 7th. Our 1 year anniversary was April 8th but that ended up being Easter...so he decided to propose the night before!

I knew the proposal was coming not only because I had picked out the ring 4 months earlier but because i had dreams about it happening the night before and could tell because he was acting more sweet than normal. I went over to his house around 6:00pm after shopping with my mom and grandma all day!
17.gif
We were going to go to The Cheesecake Factory (one of my favs!) for our anniversary dinner. I was so nervous walking into his house because I swear I just knew it was coming! Anyways... he had pretty pink roses waiting for me and he gave me a long hug. He said he had a surprise waiting for me on his bed...so I walked into his room and there was a huge white bridal girft bag with glitter and lace on it. I looked in the bag and there was tons and tons of white paper and at the bottom there was a wooden spoon with a silver sparkly bow on it. I looked at him and I said "what''s this?" and he said "you don''t remember?" I said do you want me to cook for you? I laughed and then it hit me what it was! A long time ago we read about marriage proposals and how they have evolved over the years. One of the ways men used to propose was to give a wooden spoon to their partner and it was a form of proposing and if the girl accepted she would wear it around her neck the next day at church to say "yes". Anyways, so I said I remember and then he got down on one knee and delivered a beautiful long speech (which he told me later he had wrote a long time ago and practiced all the time so he could memorize it!) and I said, "Of course, I will!". Afterwards I told him I wanted to frame the wooden spoon and the lace and the speech he gave me so I could alway remember the words he used when he proposed. He stopped me and said he already had planned to do that!

I had about a year to decide what I wanted before he actually bought it. At first I wanted a big girly vintage looking ring but after a while I thought I wanted a big solitaire. I went back and forth over and over again but when we went to look the very last time I saw this setting and fell in love with it! I absolutely love it.

Thanks for listening to my long speech!!! Here is my ring!!!
36.gif

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
A beautiful ring and a beautiful story, MichelleBreann! Congrats! Do you have some specs for that beauty? Or more pics?
36.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

*M*

MichelleBreann

Rough_Rock
Here is a view from the top....
35.gif

ring pretty.JPG

MichelleBreann

Rough_Rock
THANK YOU sarahthewarrior and poptart!!!!! I didn''t expect to get compliments so fast, thank you! The center stone is .9 carat and the setting is I think...7/8, I can''t really remember. I don''t have the paperwork with me my fiance has it, but I do know the center stone is an E and SI1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that it is an E and i don''t mind at all that it is a SI1 because everyone that I have pointed out the inclusion to couldn''t even see it!!! of course I can spot it in a second but... it''s not noticable. It is a size 6.5.

I did so much research and learned so much about diamonds for a whole year! I was OBSESSED with Pricescope and diamonds! Chris would always say "You have found your people!" whenever I would be on Pricescope! It''s funny now that I actually have my ring I don''t walk around thinking about the specs because I am just so happy with my fiance and my gorgeous ring!

I''m so grateful that Chris let me pick it out! He actually wanted to pick it out and surprise me but one day without knowing it I convinced him to let me pick it out! We were at Cheesecake Factory (can you tell I love that place! ha ha...) and we were talking about what kind of lab top he should buy because his had just crashed! I said how about I pick it out??? Kind of like how your picking out my ring! But... if I pick out your computer you can''t ever buy a new one until our 20 year anniversary and maybe not even then and it will be a surprise!!! YAY!!! We laughed because I don''t know computers the way he does and he doesn''t know diamonds the way i do!
26.gif
Later that day he said,"Baby!!! YOU NEED to PICK out YOUR ring!!!! You are going to have it forever and it''s going to be your like baby! You need to pick it out! It''s more important that you like it instead of me picking it out and surprising you!" My cute little remark...changed his mind and I got to pick it out! Ha ha......
17.gif

MichelleBreann

Rough_Rock
36.gif
one more picture.............. can you tell I love my ring!!! Not as much as my fiance though!!!
17.gif
But it''s close.... haha!

ring aya.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, how exciting and I bet your whole family is so happy for you!!!! Congrats! I love your ring! It is quite the beauty!!!!!!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet story! I am really happy for you two! Your ring is beautiful!
30.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!! Congrats!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! The setting and diamond are perfect together. Congratulations on your engagement!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It looks perfect for you.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I really loved your story. I know what you mean about little signs that pop up. Like both mom''s saying how you two were meant to be together. There were signs for me as well. Even though hubby and I are complete opposites, we really complement one another. We are like arm & hammer....spic & span....franks & beans....LOL..

Your ring is beautiful. And I love that polish. The pics with the flowers and ring look fab....and the polish just brings everything out. Congrats on the beautiful ring and finding your soul-mate.
35.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
your ring is gorgeous! congratulations!!!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif
Your story is as beautiful as the ring! Wow... I can tell that you two are going to live happily ever after!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! The ring is beautiful! Your proposal story is so sweet, too!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely proposal story! Congratulations on your engagement!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww, that was a very sweet proposal story. Congrats on your engagement. Your ring is just stunning!!!! Enjoy!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. Lovely story. Lovely ring.

MichelleBreann

Rough_Rock
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

You are all very sweet, thank you so much for all the compliments! I can''t help but smile ear to ear! I have had so much fun taking pictures of my ring, I am going to post a few more!

fav ring pic.JPG

MichelleBreann

Rough_Rock
These roses are from my grandma, she has a green thumb and loves to garden! I saw these and I thought my ring would like to snuggle with them!

HA HA....
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

my ring!!!!.JPG

MichelleBreann

Rough_Rock
Here''s another pic! Pricescope meet Dingus! She is my brother''s pride and joy, she is the sweetest little parrot and she loves to stare at my ring! She loves anything sparkly or shiny... and peanuts of course!
17.gif

I''m obsessed with my ring
26.gif
... I have taken so many pictures.... I''m going crazy!!!
30.gif

Dingus and sparkles.JPG

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats
26.gif
the ring is beautiful
30.gif

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! Congratulations!!! The ring is gorgeous!!!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Aaaaw, what a happy story!!! Your ring is a real sparkler!!! Congratulations on your engagement!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Your ring is lovely, I love the scroll work on the sides. Great pictures as well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results