shape
carat
color
clarity

I''M ENGAGED!!! Everything was perfect!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
So, I know all of you want to see pictures. So before I even start to tell my story, let me inform you that I will be starting a whole thread in show me the ring (I''ll post a link once I have the URL) once my pictures finish uploading. There are a lot, so don''t worry.
2.gif

As for the story!

Background: He told me several months ago that it would be "before the end of the year" and I had warned him not to wait until the very very end, but he seemed to be...but then when we were talking about what we were giving each other for Christmas, he suddenly got worried that we would look like we were showing off, since he was giving me a fancy new cell phone, "plus you''ll have the ring by then." !!! So I made him confirm his slip - proposal would be before or on Christmas day! But then on Dec. 23rd when we were driving upstate with my brother and his fiancee, we were all discussing what we would do tomorrow and then on Christmas. And my...FIANCE NOW...said, "wait when is Christmas?" because apparently he thought it was on the 30th?????? Blows my mind how it could be possible not to know what day Christmas is (his family has always celebrated it), but then I realized that he was probably planning to propose later in the week that we would be upstate, not realizing we had only one pre-Christmas day after we got up there. So I told him that night if he needed to make it later that was fine, because I wanted him to stick to his plan and not improvise just so it would be on time (you know, assuming it would still be before the year end, so I wouldn''t have more than an extra couple days to wait.) So Christmas Eve came and went, and on Christmas morning I got ready just thinking it was Christmas, and he wouldn''t do it for another couple of days (He knew I did NOT want it to be in front of my family, or like a "Christmas present" so I doubted he could fit it in on actual Christmas day.)

The Actual Proposal Story: After we finished opening presents (EIGHTEEN PEOPLE were in the house so it took a while), everyone was just kind of hanging out in front of the fire, putting away their presents, browsing through new books etc....and he suggested (in a whisper) that we go for a walk - just the two of us. Since my parents'' dog is always taken on any outing, I said, "With Duncan?" and he said he''d rather not. When he first suggested the walk I was 95% sure this was it, but when he said no dog I was POSITIVE. (He loves Duncan as much as anyone else, and would certainly not deprive him of a nice walk without having a very good reason). So the walk he wanted to take was up to my family''s summer house (which is about 15 minutes away from my grandparents'' winter-ready house) where, incidentally, we have always planned to get married. So we hiked along the road a bit, then up the really long steep driveway which can''t be driven on in winter because it''s too steep in the snow, so the only footprints in front of us were a bunch of deer prints. So we walked along and he was just being generally sweet and saying little nice things along the way, and then we reached the house at the top, and walked around to the huge front porch and sat on the wide railing things looking out at the gorgeous view of the lake (Lake Champlain) & Vermont on the other side (we''re in the Adirondacks of upstate NY). Then he said all his sweet things (so sweet!
9.gif
) and asked me, and I said of course, and we both cried a bit and talked about how happy we were. Note I have NOT mentioned a ring yet....
23.gif
So I''m starting to get a teeeeeensy bit anxious that he forgot to bring it upstate, but I mainly just think he''s testing me to see if I''ll break and ask him for it before he gives it to me. So I decide HE has to give it to ME, so I just sit there nicely talking while inside my head is going "BUT WHERE IS THE RING BUT WHERE IS THE RING BUT WHERE IS THE RING" and, alternately, "He better be proud of me for not bringing up the ring yet, seeing as he proposed like 5 full minutes ago."

Then. Finally. He asks if I want to see the ring....I explain calmly how yes I would like to, and how I hope he appreciates that I haven''t asked for it yet. Only maybe not so calmly.
5.gif
But he agrees that he is proud of me and gets the box out and just shows it to me from all angles and such. So I finally shriek that I want to see it and he opens the box and I am BLINDED OH MY GOD IT IS THE MOST GORGEOUS THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!

I believe my first words were, "So you got the Vera Wang setting???" So romantic, oh well.
5.gif
But I was also thinking "dang, he told me 1.5 carats was out of his budget but this has GOT to be more than that??" But I didn''t say anything yet, because I knew he''d yell at me if I didn''t try to stay in the moment a teensy bit longer.
20.gif
I kept gaping at it and holding my hand out to him telling him to put it on, but he apparently didn''t get that that''s what I wanted him to do, so he was just waiting for me to take it myself. So finally I managed to slow my speech and lower my voice by a couple octaves and tell him I wanted him to put it on my finger. He did, and it fit perfectly.
9.gif
As for wanting details on exactly what the specs are and, of course, an embarrassingly large number of pictures...hop on over to Show Me the Ring! I''m gonna call that thread "ENGAGED!!! Cushion Cut w/Vera Wang Setting" and I''ll link to it in a sec.

But yay, SOOOOOO HAPPYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Even though it sucked because I get NO cell reception AT ALL up there because of the mountains, so not only could I not go on Pricescope until today, but I couldn''t call my friends to tell them either!!!!! The way I compensated for this was by spending a long long time every day taking pictures of my ring. So you all better appreciate it!!
3.gif

and hang in there all you other LIWs!!! I could not have done it without you!!!! Thank you all sooooooo much for your support, friendship, sharing your stories, and everything else! You guys rock, and you''ll be engaged to the men of your dreams before you know it!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

[Here''s a pic of us with the house/porch where he proposed behind us up on the hill! He looks kind of goofy but it''s the only one I took that day.
9.gif
]

lfaz1.jpg

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations albicocca! Your proposal story is wonderful, and I am going to hop on over to the SMTR thread right now!!!!!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Aww! That sounds so perfect!
That''s a cute picture of you two
1.gif

36.gif
Congratulations!!!!
36.gif

Can''t wait to see some more pictures of your ring!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Thanks you two!!!!!

All 27
23.gif
of them are up in SMTR now! That thread is located here https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-cushion-cut-w-vera-wang-setting.38061/ for easy reference!
4.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I''m soooo happy for you!! The story is so cute and the ring is incredible. Best wishes for you and your FIANCE!!! in the New Year!!!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to both of you.

That''s a lovely picture, you both look so happy together!

blod
36.gif

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Great story and what a ring...I love the setting!!! YAY for both of you! Best wishes on your engagement!!!
36.gif

klr
30.gif
prongs

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you both!!! What a sweet story. I''m on my way to the other thread right now!!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Aww! Ya''ll are so cute and your reaction is priceless! I am glad you ahve the man of your dreams and the ring little girls dream of! Congrats!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Thanks everyone!!!!

I also realized I forgot to include what may have been my favorite moment from the proposal walk! After he gave me the ring and I took a few pictures on the spot and we talked another couple minutes, we decided to head back to tell everyone (& also because our feet were freeezing). But as we were walking down the steepest part of the hill, we kept slipping in the snow, so like 10 minutes after we got engaged we were just laughing hysterically as we slipped and slided along down the hill holding hands. So fun!
9.gif
Makes me giddy just thinking about it!

And then to round out the story, remember how I said there were 18 people at the (fairly small) house for Christmas? When we got back we had to try to lure my parents out into the front hall to tell them first but everyone else was just around and it was so chaotic, but very fun!

Thanks again for all your well wishes!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hoooray!!!! How exciting!!! I can picture you guys vrooming & blinging all the way down that hill!

Congrats! On to the pix!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, you two are sooo cute and happy in that pic! I love it!!!

I''ve already said so on the other thread, but I''ll say it again: so happy for you!!! Congrats!!
36.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!! Congrats albi!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
how wonderful for you.

caligal

Shiny_Rock
YAY Albi!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Beautiful ring and proposal!!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Just saw your ring post, and it is gorgeous! Your proposal story is fantastic, and you and your honey look so cute together.
Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif

Shawna13

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!! I absolutely LOVE your enthusiasm, your story, and your ring! All the best to you guys.
face23.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
Thanks everyone!
9.gif

Also: HI JORDAN!!!! (friend of my fiance''s (!!!) who tooooootally randomly came across this post!)

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! It''s beautiful! I already gushed about it in the SMTR folder!!
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Yay Albi!! Man, I swear, I''m gone for like, 3 days and look what happens!! Congrats!! You must be so excited! So, may I ask? What was your best x-mas gift this year?
28.gif
I''m so happy for you!!!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats thats so sweet! I am so very happy for you! Now i must go check out pics of that ring!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!! Your proposal story is just so sweet & the ring looks gorgeous! I''m off to SMTR to drool at all of your 27 photos now....
3.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Thanks guys!!! It really is so much fun getting to come on PS and gush endlessly, seeing as how most of my coworkers etc just want to hear a brief account.
20.gif

But it''s fun getting random advice from everyone, and seeing which people get really excited and things like that. Loving it!
9.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
And don''t think we don''t notice the gorgeous new avatar!!! (as cute as the cat was ...)

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
hahaha, but the real question is: did anyone notice yesterday when I changed the avatar to about ten different ring shots to see which one looked best?
2.gif

But yeah, I did feel kind of guilty getting rid of my kitten picture...but this isn''t a kitten forum is it??
9.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/3/2006 3:18:03 PM
Author: albicocca
hahaha, but the real question is: did anyone notice yesterday when I changed the avatar to about ten different ring shots to see which one looked best?
2.gif

But yeah, I did feel kind of guilty getting rid of my kitten picture...but this isn''t a kitten forum is it??
9.gif
Haha, no it isn''t. But the cat pictures are still alive in the what? 27, 28? ring pictures.

I love that ring ... makes me think I should expand my search from just radiants to include cushions.

Thom would be so proud.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Haha, no it isn''t. But the cat pictures are still alive in the what? 27, 28? ring pictures.

I love that ring ... makes me think I should expand my search from just radiants to include cushions.

Thom would be so proud.

Hahaha, you are cracking me up today Seattle!!
9.gif
But yes, if I ever see Thom again, I''ll be sure to show him my ring! And you SHOULD consider cushions!!!! I loooove mine sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!! (As I''m sure no one could tell....
3.gif
)

I did consider putting one of the Albi + Ring pictures as my avatar but decided the tiny little square would prevent either one from looking appropriately cute/sparkly so went with this. But I''ll just try to reference her semi-often to prove to the PS community that I do still love her!
4.gif

And don''t go saying I would be so crazy as to post 28 pictures!! There are ONLY TWENTY-SEVEN, silly!!
9.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my apologies, 27 fantastic, beautiful photos (knowing me, I''d be crazy enough to post the over-the top 28th ...)

Oh, and I''m glad you decided to not take your ring skiing. Any jewelry I''ve lost has been skiing ... rings, necklaces ... not so good.

And I hope that you stick around long enough, giving all of us LIWs advice, to read my engagement story ...

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Albi- it''s so funny about your avatar, I kept looking for you (by picture only) and it honestly took me a couple of times to realize the picture was different. Still suffering from my post-vacation haze, I suppose. I also hope you''ll still be around when I post my engagment story (picture it- IHOP, pancakes, and hash browns.. so romantic
20.gif
God, I hope not). So I''ll have to ask you to come back in Spring of 2009!!
31.gif
Ha ha ha. My BF would kill me if he saw how I''m taking his procrastination a little too far.
28.gif
I myself have decided to start looking at cushiions, they''re amazing!! It''s funny, my bf actually pointed them out before, who''d have thunk? Anyway, good job with everything!!! It''s all so beautiful!!
30.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Hehe, don''t worry guys, I''ll stick around for BOTH your proposal stories!!! Hopefully it won''t take the estimated 7 to 9 years though...
2.gif

But yeah, seeing as (a) I''m hooked now and (b) I still won''t be getting married for a year and a half
7.gif
so I might as well break full fledged into BIW, I''ll definitely be around!!!

BUT - only if all you LIWs promise to help me make important wedding-related decisions!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results