shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m embarrassed to ask this... (setting question)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
But I have no idea what the name of the setting style that I like is.

I want a delicate white gold solitaire setting for a small stone (.75) with a pronounced taper towards the diamond, like in my avatar, but even more so. More of a taper than a bulge. I really prefer the look of the band being 'pinched in' beside the stone, rather than the straight-across look of a tiffany-style. The picture in my avatar looks like it has some sort of knife-edge thing going on, which I'm not keen on; I just wanted something with a 'pinch'.

I keep cruising through online vendors' sites, looking for the right setting, but I haven't found anything.

Is there a term for this 'pinched in' look to a setting? I'm sure 'pinched in' is not a technical term.
15.gif

Any help, or pictures of rings like this out there, would be greatly appreciated. Did I mention I'd love to see pictures?

Thanks in advance,

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have no idea what the ''pinched in'' part is called...maybe ''tapered shoulders''?
anyway, here is the ''fine line'' solitaire from wf. i love this look because of those pinched in tapered shoulders.
2.gif

finelinepinched.jpg

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/29/2006 7:03:43 PM
Author: belle
i have no idea what the ''pinched in'' part is called...maybe ''tapered shoulders''?

anyway, here is the ''fine line'' solitaire from wf. i love this look because of those pinched in tapered shoulders.
2.gif

*slaps forehead*

I am an idiot. For some reason, whenever I saw images like that with the full-on frontal shot and the profile shot, I though that the inside rim (where it touches the finger) went ''straight across'' and the taper was only shaped on the outside rim and close to the stone. Looking more closely at the pic you posted, belle, I realize that I was actually seeing the back of the ring peeking past the taper!

D''oh!

Thank you for bringing this to light! I was getting all frustrated.
19.gif
I imagine it makes a big difference seeing it in a handshot-- I love the taper because I think it adds even more delicacy to the ring and supports a small stone rather than overwhelming it.

I love the timelessness of this ring!
18.gif

Thanks so much!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Royal Crown by Vatche is also tapered in at the head.

(Belle, that picture you posted is of the "Sleek Line" setting, I believe. The "Fine Line" has the basket head.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results