shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m coming out....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Couscous

Rough_Rock
of Lurkdom that is!

So after literally years of snooping around the forums (over 2+ yrs) i am finally posting on the boards for the first time. It is because I (after 6+ years) finally have something to share!

I knew from way back when what I wanted and where I wanted it from thanks to the countless hours upon hours I spent searching on pricescope. I wanted either a cushion or a round cut diamond in a pave halo setting. Well this weekend my wish was finally granted.
36.gif

My FI ( I LOVE saying that
31.gif
) popped the question over the weekend.

Now let me just say I have flip-flopped on many of the particulars of the ring. I couldn''t decide on anything and was changing my mind from one day to the next. Should it be prong or bezel set, should i get milgraining, should it be three-sided pave and who knows what else.

Well the final decisions were left to my then BF and Pete at Quest Jewelers.... and i couldn''t be happier. I LOVE my ring and my FI so much. I was nervous about it but I knew that he and Quest would do a wonderful job. He decided to get both the diamond and the setting from Quest. So what after seemed like forever, I finally have the ring of my dreams and I wouldn''t change a thing..... (alright I wouldn''t mind a bigger stone
3.gif
) Tomorrow I''m going to meet Pete for the first time to talk about ring care and maybe about our wedding bands if I''m lucky! It''s never too early to start is it?
9.gif

So without further delay I present to you my new Quest Masterpiece.

I don''t have all the stats in front of me but this is what I can remember off the top of my head.

Center Stone is RB .73 H VS1
Platinum
Band width is 1.7 mm
Roughly .46 carats of full cuts in the halo and shank

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the great info! I''ve loved looking at all the beautiful rings and now I finally have one of my own!
30.gif

couscousring.JPG

Couscous

Rough_Rock
another one thats real blurry. Need to figure out how to get pretty pics!

Engagement Ring 010.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Gorgeous ring.

I think the macro button helps but even so my photos suck!! It takes lots of practice to get them to look great. I have sort of given up!

Couscous

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much!

and thanks for the advice on the pics. I tried it on the Macro setting but they just don''t look right
15.gif
i guess i''ll give it a go again tomorrow!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!! The proportions of the halo are perfect, I love how delicate and stunning the setting is!

Couscous

Rough_Rock
thanks and I agree about the size of the halo. I believe that they are 1 pointers.

It''s pretty interesting the response i get IRL. Some people love it and are like its so sparkly and pretty, some seem to think its just nice, and some of my friends have described it as "different" and "like a child''s ring" (maybe they think it looks fake?). I guess people don''t really know about or have not seen halos that much. Its pretty weird cuz they are all over pricescope so I guess I thought they would be more common now.

Anyways I love it so thats all that matters!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is just beautiful!! Congratulations on your engagement!

Don''t worry about what people say... they are either envious or really just have no idea about engagement rings if they call a halo a "child`s ring".

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my stars! Gorgeous!!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the engagement and on your beautiful new ring!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! If I saw it IRL I would be drooling on your fingers
2.gif

ETA: If you haven't already, share your story in LIW! 6 years of waiting is a long time, I'm sure you're story will be valuable to a lot of ladies on the forum. And join us in BWW!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s beautiful! Congratulations!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement!!!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring! Congratulations!
36.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
That ring is just beautiful!!!! Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to share it with us!
36.gif

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I love Quest -- everyone there is so lovely and helpful! I had a diamond pendant reset there last year, and my DH got his wedding band from them.

Enjoy your ring and engagement!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It is beautiful!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Couscous!
Your ring is gorgeous!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats and beautiful ring! I love Quest''s work!! Pete is so sweet!

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
gorgeous ring!! Best of luck with your new life together! p.s. I LOVE your name lol my FI and I eat cous cous atleast once a week
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for sharing, it is gorgeous!

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
oh!!!!!!! it is soooooooooo pretty! it''s such a perfect halo! many congrats !

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful ring!!! And congrats on the enagement too! Now we need LOTS more pictures and handshots, please!

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is sooooo beautiful! I love it, hoping to receive one just like it soon :D
How about some hand shots??
2.gif

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh! It''s SO pretty!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its gorgeous! Congratulations and lovely photography!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Yea no more lurking!! Hehe isn''t it fun to be on here?? Congratulations - beautiful ring!! I love it.
1.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Welcome your ring is gorgeous. congratulations!!!

Couscous

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for their kind words
26.gif
!

I met Pete today and he was really great and I am confident I will be taken care of. My stone was a little loose so Pete fixed it while me and my FI went to lunch and when i got back it was all fixed and they even steamed it so of course I decided I really needed to have a photo shoot as soon as I got home.

So I''m going to post a ridiculous amount of pictures so I hope you enjoy! My neighbors thought i was crazy before but now they must think I''m really crazy after watching me take pictures while rolling around in the grass
31.gif

Oh and I love couscous but I don''t really eat it very often. It''s my pet name for my FI. I have no idea how I came up with it. He used to dislike it... but now he won''t answer to any other name
3.gif

Couscous

Rough_Rock
handshot

Engagement Ring 001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results