shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m being Stalked.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few days ago I acquired a stalker.

She's about 2 feet long, 9 inches high (not including head). Bright blue eyes. And definitely part Siamese. We think she's abandoned, she only has a flea collar. Doesn't like to be outdoors, keeps wanting to come in. I can pick her up, hold her paws, her tail, pet her belly. She's a lap cat too. And I think she likes other cats.

And I can't have her. I'm already pushing my lease limit (okay, well I'm over my lease limit), my Hally HATES other females (and has tried to kill this one through the screen) and we just don't have the space for a 4th, or else I'd try. We've put food, water and two beds out for her that she uses. But she's in our balcony ALL THE TIME and meows for me whenever she sees me (she's chatty). Doesn't go anywhere else. I'll post "Found" posters, but I have a feeling she's just been abandoned.

I need to find her a home. I'm willing to take her to the local spay/neuter and see if she needs fixing (might not, has the flea collar, acts completely domesticated), and get her checked out in terms of health and age. But I have no place to put her. I have a one bedroom that is already too small for my cats, and none of the rooms can be blocked off for a foster situation.

Is anyone in the Bay Area willing to foster, or know anyone who wants a very pretty, personable, personal stalker? I will do what I can to help you out, if you'll help us out. I don't like to leave her outside (have no garage to put her in) as we have possums outside and other strays (feral ones) running around.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here she is.

Missy2GYPSY.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And a second pic:

MissyGYPSY.JPG

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Oh my God she is so cute!!!
5.gif
I wish I was in the area..I''d so come get her.
7.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cutie pie! I wish I lived close to you . . . I would SO try to talk DH into it!
11.gif

OMG, Gypsy, I have to admit that the title of this thread scared the bejeebers out of me!!!
23.gif
32.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Look at those baby blues! What a little sweetie. Maybe she's not abandoned, just lost. Maybe her previous owners had her micro-chipped. I don't know how much it'd cost to have her scanned for one, but I'm optimistic and would start there.

If you can't find her original owners, I hope you can find a home for her. She is just too cute.
4.gif

Good luck!

P.S. I must say the title made me a little nervous too! I'm happy to hear the "stalker" was of the 4 legged, fury variety! LOL

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm going to get her scanned for a chip, we've called the local shelters in the area with her desciption. And I've contracted Siamese Breed Rescue. So far nothing.

Sorry to give you a heart attack on the title. She is stalking me. I can't go anywhere in my apartment without her going to the corresponding window near that space and meowing for me. At night, if I don't leave the patio light on and put her bed RIGHT next to the screen door in a position close to me she meows for hours. She's attached herself to me, and I haven't seen anything like it before. My own cats aren't that attached to me. And if it weren't for Hally trying to kill her, I would try, I really would. But I can't. Hally is the first in my home, in my life, and I have to think of her. Plus the stress of the two females at each other's throats would be bad for my two males. One of whom has a stress induced belly licking problem as it is.
7.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Oh, she''s just gorgeous
30.gif
. Poor little girl, I wish I could take her.

Gypsy, if you''re unable to find her owners and nobody you know wants to adopt her, check with specialty pet stores in your area to see if they know people who foster animals. The place we got our kitty is an independently owned pet supply store and they actually have a large cage in the front window where they keep kitties in need of homes (usually one at a time, two if they''re kittens). Apparently the placement rate is phenomenal...you should see the photo wall
9.gif
If you can find someplace like this, it can be a great alternative to a shelter. Even if none of the stores nearby do something like this, they can probably help you out with placing her permanently or temporarily.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw she is so cute! It must be awful for you to have to keep her out!

I hope you find someone to take her.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Octavia, that's a great suggestion! I'll have to call around. Our vet in NJ used to do this too. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi Maisie-- I hope I find someone too. It is really hard to keep her out. We have all the screen doors open 24/7 so she can feel included. I called a lot of places today. One place is gonna make some calls and get back to me. If I won the lottery, I'd open up a shelter out here. It's ridiculous trying to find someone to help. It was so much easier in NJ.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
yep...id get a restraining order if i were you...she looks like pretty rough trade to me!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh - what a sweetie!!! I had a kitty just like her. Belle was her name. Thanks for working so hard to find her home or a new home! Kitties need friends like you!

corgan

Shiny_Rock
Oh my how cute I would take her in a heartbeat if I lived closer to you! Not sure how my cat Dusty would react but I would still do it. I hope you find a home for her!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, she''s gorgeous! I want you to have her! She loves you! Are you sure your lady cat wouldn''t get over it?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2008 1:01:46 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 9/13/2008 2:41:25 PM
Author: Gypsy
Here she is.
Oh what a sweet baby! I love her!!!! I wish I could have her.. you must take her.. I''m sure she''ll love your home!!
9.gif
Look, if Skippy can adopt a TURTLE you can adopt this beautiful blue eyed baby!
Ditto, hehe
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone... Oh how I wish I could keep her. I really do. Even more I wish I could just BRING HER INSIDE.

I'm fairly sure I can't have her though, yes. We had two female cats once. The cat in my AV is Noel. She's FMIL's cat. FMIL chose her from the rescue but we kept her as our own for a year. In that year Hally tormented her to the point that she had a nervous disorder (needed anxiety meds) and until she was afraid to use the litter box (where Hally ambushed her to beat the crap out of her most days). We had to give her back to FMIL, where she slowly started coming out of her shell and improving. Then once we did, she started in on Duncan and Frodo because of boredom mostly, but she never went after them with the same intensity she did Noel. She was like that at the shelter too, picking on her female cage-mates and leaving the males mostly alone. She's a jealous b*tch with other females. And she's a terrorist in terms of tactics. She's a small cat so she uses surprise and ambush as her weapons picking situations where her opponents will be the most disadvantaged (the litterbox). If she fought straight on it might be easier, but she doesn't. And she's got a mean streak. Don't get me wrong, she's my cat and I love her. But I also know what her flaws are. I can't do that to another cat. Missy is loving and sweet, but she's very cautious and scares off. She reminds me veyr much of Noel when we first got her. So she's got exactly the kind of personality Hally gets a rise out of, and it just wouldn't be fair to her to put her in the same house as Hally. Especially when that house is a 700 something square foot one bedroom apartment. Noel at least was in our house in NJ with multiple bedrooms, living room, dining room, family room... etc. She could get away. Missy would be a sitting duck and John and I aren't home during the day.

I need to find her a place soon though. I can't stand that she's outside. Thanks for the well wishes everyone, I'll update as there is news.
35.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agggggggghhhhhhhhhhh Gypsy if I didn''t have my two that are still separated because of Holly''s aggression issues I would totally come over there right now and get her. OMG she is so beautiful...what a love. I hope and pray you find a home for her... The pics of her are just KILLING me.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry FG, I know what you mean. I thought of you and Holly and knew there was no way you could take her, even though I had a feeling you''d want to. Would you mind asking around and seeing if anyone wants a pretty little girl with big blue eyes, though since you are local? I''d really appreciate it.

I''m gonna go out and sit with her for a while now.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy, she has the sweetest face, so I can see why she is breaking your heart. In many ways, she looks like my mom''s cat and I know if she was closer to Chicago, my mom would totally take her. All she wants is someone to love her, so I hope she finds a home soon! I hate seing her outside, however, I would not want to let her into your home until she has been checked out by a vet. You just never know what she might have and you would not want your other fur kids to get sick.

My heart is just sick over her, I really hope her owners can be found, or at least be place in an appropriate foster home soon.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will definitely ask around. It just kills me that she''s outside. I wish I could take her.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
What a dear kitty and what a beautiful face and plaintive expression on that little face.

Mrs.2Artists

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
I''m generally more of a dog lover but that kitty is absolutely darling! I hope you''re able to find her a good home.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're taking her to the vet today. She'll be tested for feline AIDS and Leukemia. She's taken to opening the screen doors to be let in. It's heartbreaking to watch, and it's worse to go over there and close the door on her once she's made a crack at it. Here's a new pic. The rescues are now responding to my calls. Nothing yet, but there might be hope on the horizon. Cross your fingers and send Missy some dust. Baby needs a new home.

Missy2.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, praying Missy gets a great home soon!! She''s so pretty!! Thanks Gypsy for doing all that you are for her!!!
12.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 4:46:35 PM
Author: Gypsy
We''re taking her to the vet today. She''ll be tested for feline AIDS and Leukemia. She''s taken to opening the screen doors to be let in. It''s heartbreaking to watch, and it''s worse to go over there and close the door on her once she''s made a crack at it. Here''s a new pic. The rescues are now responding to my calls. Nothing yet, but there might be hope on the horizon. Cross your fingers and send Missy some dust. Baby needs a new home.
Missy''s situation breaks my heart, and her recent picture does more damage. Along with being a sweet good-looking gal, she''s clever too--opening screen doors. I love kitties, but live too far away to even consider adopting her.

There must be someone in the area who could give her a forever home...

Kudos to you and John for having a vet check her over, and to you, Layla, especially for feeding her and going out to sit with her.
36.gif
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''s a Franken-kitty. Her face is siamese, her tail tabby and her back swirled like a dilute calico on top.

Here you can see her body:

Missy1.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the last pic for today.

Missy3.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some partial good news. She''s chipped. And she has a tatoo under her fir that the vet thinks might be the mark of a local breeder. So we maybe able to figure out where she belongs.
21.gif

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
That is a wonderful clue.

Mrs.2Artists

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
It''s good to hear you took her the vet and I am keeping my fingers crossed her tests come out clear. Interesting that she is micro-chipped, perhaps she does have owners. As you probably know, Siamese are smart, so I am not surprised she is learning to open the door. She really must want to live with you dear!

You and DH are really going above and beyond the call of duty for this little lady, but that does not surprise me either!
17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results