shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm baffled! Photoshop?

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I was just procrastinating cleaning my house by looking at Rubylane rings, and I came across this head scratcher.
IMG_0172.jpg
https://www.rubylane.com/item/1604441-731/Estate-EGL-Certified-1-03ct-Genuine?search=1

At first glance i thought it was rose cut, then I thought surely it was just a listing for the setting so they didn't want to highlight the diamond, but nope, wrong on both accounts. They brag that it's a Brilliant Cut .83ct I SI1.

Tell me I'm not crazy, and that they photoshopped over the top of the diamond in these pictures. :think:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just procrastinating cleaning my house by looking at Rubylane rings, and I came across this head scratcher.
IMG_0172.jpg
https://www.rubylane.com/item/1604441-731/Estate-EGL-Certified-1-03ct-Genuine?search=1

At first glance i thought it was rose cut, then I thought surely it was just a listing for the setting so they didn't want to highlight the diamond, but nope, wrong on both accounts. They brag that it's a Brilliant Cut .83ct I SI1.

Tell me I'm not crazy, and that they photoshopped over the top of the diamond in these pictures. :think:

That's messed up.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That looks like a bad photoshop job. Ugh. :sick:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Covering up a big inclusions, maybe? Looks bad, though!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The facet pattern says 'single cut'

- perhaps the first of its kind beyond mele size mentioned here, methinks.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This eBay seller photoshops all their diamonds.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Possibly it is a extremely to very shallow Swiss cut with 8 pavilion facets, spready table and the more typical un-split upper girdle facets of a Swiss cut. It could be a Photo-shopped mess, just as easily, but I don't like to accuse without knowing more. It surely looks like a very thin diamond.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, they did say it was unique!

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Turns out it’s also listed on eBay, without the photoshopping. 5A868251-0FEC-4413-9E90-13BE6E0FA620.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats just wrong! :angryfire:

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Probably not the intent, but it looks like strontium titanate. Strontium titanate is fragile and antiques in good shape are valuable. Maybe not as valuable as an ugly diamond.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does the diamond picture on e-bay look like the stone in the report? IMHO, it looks different.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Does the diamond picture on e-bay look like the stone in the report? IMHO, it looks different.

Me thinks the photo in the report is a stock MRB image.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results