shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m back!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi!!!

I hope you all had a wondeful Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

I''m back and wanted to post a quick note!

First of all, Congrats to all the engaged ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I just got in today a couple of hours ago and haven''t had time to read all the stories, but I did see a lot of good news posted!!! so congrats!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m now trying to get my house in a bit of order because my mom gets here tomorrow and tonight I''m going up to see my BF and doggie (after two weeks!!!!!). I can''t wait to see them!!!. I''ll be back tomorrow to pick up my mom and then my little sister that gets here a little after my mom.
9.gif

Costa Rica was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
I had such a great time!!!!!!!. My nephews are just adorable and it was great to spend time with my family!. The country is beautiful and the Costa Ricans are just truly nice caring people. I highly recommend it for vacations!! (just don''t attempt to drive!!!).

As a true PSer I also have to post that my grandmother gave me and my sisters some sparkles!!! So I did get some sparkle this year after all! haha...
36.gif
. She is giving her jewlery to her grandaughters this year and had this three stackable (spelling?) rings. She gave one to each one of us. The rings each have stones. One ring has saphires, one has rubies and one has diamonds. We left it up to luck to decide which ring each one got.....and I got the diamond one!!!!
36.gif
. All three of them are beautiful though. I know what''s next...you guys want pictures! I did take some but my sister has them on her camera...I''ll post some soon. The rings were a gift that my grandfather gave to her some 30 years ago for Christmas
1.gif

Just wanted to check in and say hello!. Hugs!

M~

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
welcome back girl!! You must be so excited to see your bf (and vice versa)!! 2 wks is a long time..can''t wait for the mushy update tomorrow!
emsmile.gif

and when things calm down, you''ll have to tell us more about Costa Rica, where did you go, where did you stay? I want to visit there in Feb but fares are so high!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine,
Welcome back! Glad you had a good time. The ring sounds gorgeous, and I love to get passed down items. I have a number of antique furniture pieces and jewelry that mean so much to me b/c of the family importance. That is so special that they were your grandmother''s from your grandfather.

Have a great time tonight and with your family!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Welcome Back! We missed you.
35.gif

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! They sound so beautiful!
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome back! What a sweet gesture from your grandma...and such sentiment behind the rings too. Very cool that you got the diamond band! Can''t wait to see it!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome back!! I''d love to visit costa rica! Will have to put that down on my travel list! Hope that your proposal is soon now that you''re back

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, missed you around here.
1.gif
Glad you had a fun trip and a little holiday bling!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back, Mandarine! Happy 2007! I hope it''s filled with many, many great things!!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome back M! I''m still catching up with PS too. =) The ring sounds like a lovely sentiment. Have fun reuniting with your man!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi girls!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the notes!! :)

I''m back at work...so back to normal!...We had a great New Year''s eve..with my mom, sister, BF and his mom!.

My BF is the sweetest man ever!...no, he didn''t propose, but he''s still the sweetest, most loving man ever :) ...on the 29th I went up to his house and he had my gifts under his tree. We went straight to opening gifts as soon as I got there! he went first and open some of my gifts for him (all small gifts since he''s getting a grill for Christmas and we have to go shopping for that together). Then it was my turn
30.gif

He gave me a box. I opened it and it had one of his Christmas tree ornaments in it (a little red bow) and a note that said "It''s a clue"...so then I knew my gift was somewhere in the tree!!!......he just stood back and let me look around the tree (the tree is HUGE!!)....and then I found them....a pair of pearl earrings each with a little diamond!!! (Akoya pearls, 7-7.4 mm)...Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
I''ve never had pearls..they''re beatiful!. He got them at Bluenile...I''ll take some pictures later and post them!!!....I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

I have some pictures of my grandma''s rings....I think they need to be cleaned. I don'' know much at all about diamonds or colored gems, but think they are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!. The rubies ring has two different stones because two of the rubies fell off and my grandma just had some colored stones put in there....You can''t really tell unless you look at it closely though...it''s still so pretty!!!!. My older sister got the Saphires, I got the diamonds and my little sister has the rubies.

The rings are a little big on my finger and I need to get it re-sized so I can use it as a RHR.

Ok...here we go (I''ll try!)...

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
The three of us...

grandma281.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Mine
30.gif

grandma0282.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Mine again
9.gif

grandma0283.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Three sisters, three hands, three rings....
30.gif

It''s so sweet to think that 30 years ago my grandpa (he passed the way a few years ago) was giving this to my grandma as a Christmas gift!
M~

grandma0284.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
All three rings in my hand!...I''ve never had so much bling!!! Actually, I''ve never had any bling..hehe

grandma286.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Blurry side shot...

grandma287.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Mine again...A year ago I would have never taken pictures of a ring!! haha, I''ve become a true PSer!!!!!!!
2.gif

grandma0288.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Last one!
9.gif

I know nothing about rings, but I love them
30.gif

grandma0289.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I lost some of the quiality of the pictures after re-sizing them...you get the idea though. Wow my hands look old in those pictures!!!!!!!!!!!. New resolution for my list: use more hand lotion! hehe
2.gif

M~

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
hi mandarine - glad you had a fun christmas! just chiming in because i also inherited a ring a few years back from my grandmother - her replacement wedding band with two rows of small channel set diamonds. i don''t think she had EVER cleaned it, and i when i took it for resizing, i also had the jeweler clean it - i couldn''t believe the difference! it suddenly sparkled like nobody''s business! so i would definitely recommend a good cleaning for an older ring that may have been a little neglected in that respect.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ace!. Yes, I definitely think they need to be cleaned!!! I will probably take it this weekend to the store.

M~

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine,

I missed your spunk and energy! Welcome back and what a beautiful ring! Can''t wait to see the pearls.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Chargergirl! I will look into those ultrasonic cleaners...although for now I will just take it to the store because I think it needs a "super" cleaning!
2.gif

Kimberly thanks for the note!! you''re so sweet
9.gif
. I missed PS too!!!!!!!!!!!!.

M~

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow they''re beautiful rings. I adore your one-they really are beautiful

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
great ring and you and your sisters sound like you have a great relationship!
any clues from the bf''s trip to nyc?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls!

I adore my sisters!....they truly are my best friends and they just know me and make me laugh like nobody else can! (at least no other girl!)... It''s so great to have sisters
9.gif

No clues on the NYC trip...he''s been very quiet about the whole thing lately...although we have made comments (even in front of my mom) about getting married...but no hints or anything...

All he said about his trip is that he did a lot of business and went out partying with all his friends (all of his best friends are there)....so as far as I know all he got in NYC was a hangover! hehe..

M~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results