shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m back (long-time lurker) joining the 5 stone club!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blondie

Shiny_Rock
I am BACK!!!!!!!!!

OK, so I never posted massively, but this does not mean that I haven't been avidly scrolling through this forum for the past few years! OK, let me just briefly set the scene......I am from the UK and found this site when my husband and I were planning a trip to NY in the winter of 2005 - I had a 0.5 carat, D colour (sorry, color!!) diamond and wanted BIGGER! The exchange rate was and still is AMAZING (!) for us Brits, so my darling husband agreed that upgrading a diamond in the UK would be foolish, so en route from Colorado, where we were skiing, we stopped off in NY for four days and, thanks to the lovely people and advice on this forum, met Mark at ERD (wonderful guy BTW) and purchased a wonderful stone - 1.7 carat, I colour, SI2 rock. Now, I was unsure of having an I clour diamond, certainly in platinum but again, thanks to advice and people's previous experiences I made sure (or Mark did!) that it was an ideal cut - it is a gorgeous stone and I was and still am thrilled with it! He also mounted my 0.5 stone into a sweet little basket for a pendant that I now wear on a platinum chain. I wear the ring in a Tiffany-style setting with an etoile ring (my local jeweller custom made a 3mm etoile band) photos to follow, I promise!

Now, I won't say I forgot about you guys,but I have since had two beautiful daughters, so let's just say my diamond obsession was slighly lower down on the priorities scale(!) however, it is coming up to our 5 year anniversary, so I have recently purchased 5 stones, for a (yes, you guessed it! another 5 stone ring!!!!) I hope Kcoursolle is reading this (although she has probably stopped as even I know I am waffling!!!) because her ring is a true beauty and is the inspiration behind this project, I have just marvelled at Demelza's AMAZING honker of a 5 stone yesterday and Misskiss' information on her much-anticipated ring - I am HOOKED!! So, can you imagine my horror, when I tried to log in and I had forgotten my password!!! I have been lurking here for months and now I have remembered it and I am BACK!!!

OK - so onto the stones (which I ordered a couple of weeks ago from Blue Nile.) They are all GIA certificated ideal cut (naturally, I am a pricescoper!) G colour, eyeclean SI2 stones, (my jeweller is impressed) 4 are 0.45 and 1 is 0.44 carat. My finger size is a UK 'K' which I think translates to a 5.25. I am incredibly excited about the ring, but unfortunately it won't be ready until the end of Jan
39.gif
as the jeweller who is custom-making it is very busy for Christmas etc...he is a true craftsman and I really cannot wait to see the end result, although he is v. pricey I really think he will do a great job- I showed him the specs of Kcousolle's amazing ring and he says he can do pretty-much the same design! I feel rather guilty shamelessly copying her, but her ring is sooooo fabulous that I couldn't resist (and no-one I know of in the UK has or knows of this lovely piece of bling!!!) I will post pics as soon as I have it obviously, but in the meantime will post, not lurk
41.gif
and enjoy chatting and learning about a girl's best friend!!!!! xxxxxxxx

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Hi Blondie, I am glad you came out of lurkdom, sounds like you have quite a bit to share!!!

But missy, it''s no good telling us about these goodies and not providing pics!!!
39.gif
So hop to it and at least get us pics of the ERD ring (or did I already miss that somewhere?)

Anyway welcome
35.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo!!!! How exciting!!! A 5 stone band is a perfect way to remember a five year anniversary, a stone for every year LOL! No worries about making a similar ring to mine, I'm quite flattered actually. 45 pointers are going to look fabulous on your small hand, I really can't wait to see some pictures! How awesome that you managed to get SI2's that are eye clean. G/SI is such a great sweet spot, I'm sure you are thrilled.

Do you have any pictures of your other ring? I'm sure we'd all love to see it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results