shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m addicted to GEMs.. help me yah or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I"m officially addicted to gems,,, such yummy colors out there, and so many projects I want... so I found this on ebay
23.gif
.. how bout the cut?i''m sure my setting will cost 20x more than the gems itself,,, but can''t help it.. so not sure what I want to do with this (bezel dangle earrings, or double bezel pendant I''m more leaning on? haven''t bought it yet... just thought I''d ask you all first if this looks ok, too good to be true and you know everything else you guys always seem to come up with ?

yah or nay its only like $17... small and get a pair (i think)

tourmapnk1dt.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
D&T, I have the gem affliction too, but the tourmaliine you posted is really small, even for earrings. I''m not sure about the cutting either - is that a window in the center? The window could probably be hidden with the right setting, but you don''t see much out there for 3.5mm stones. Just make sure it''s a size you''re okay with.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/29/2009 5:16:10 PM
Author: cellentani
D&T, I have the gem affliction too, but the tourmaliine you posted is really small, even for earrings. I''m not sure about the cutting either - is that a window in the center? The window could probably be hidden with the right setting, but you don''t see much out there for 3.5mm stones. Just make sure it''s a size you''re okay with.
yeah, I like my gems on the daintier side less than 7mm, thought about bezelling,,, I love BEZELS
30.gif
I''ve been in a pink and green moody lately... so need some el cheapo but still ok,, kwim? and wanted to do a double or even triple bezel stones for a dainty pendant?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never like pics with no background, it makes it harder to tell what kind of lighting or photoshopping might have been used.

And i agree, it might be small even for earrings.

(Hehe, I hear you on the gem addiction though! I just got my sapphire back, and I''m already eyeing a few new stones..hehe.)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/29/2009 5:25:31 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I never like pics with no background, it makes it harder to tell what kind of lighting or photoshopping might have been used.

And i agree, it might be small even for earrings.

(Hehe, I hear you on the gem addiction though! I just got my sapphire back, and I''m already eyeing a few new stones..hehe.)
let me see if this vendor has any other pictures to share, if not, I''ll just keep on drooling over everyone else''s gem
18.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way, I''m becoming a huge fan of bezels myself! They sit lower, offer more protection, and I worry less about the prongs catching on things.

MrsDoubleP

Shiny_Rock
D&T, I can''t offer any advice about the stone, because I''m just starting to learn about colored stones. I just wanted to say that I''m with you on the addiction thing! It''s funny, I was never interested in colored stones before, but the more I look, the more I love! Do you know how I know I have a problem? There is a stone I''ve been eyeing for a while, know I can''t have it, but I keep checking up on it just to make sure it''s still there, you know, just in case I win the lottery or something!
2.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/29/2009 6:05:17 PM
Author: MrsDoubleP
D&T, I can't offer any advice about the stone, because I'm just starting to learn about colored stones. I just wanted to say that I'm with you on the addiction thing! It's funny, I was never interested in colored stones before, but the more I look, the more I love! Do you know how I know I have a problem? There is a stone I've been eyeing for a while, know I can't have it, but I keep checking up on it just to make sure it's still there, you know, just in case I win the lottery or something!
2.gif
when can you get it?... because I'm in the pink, green mood lately and love asschers,,, I've been driving myself nuts perusing through all the sites looking for these stones... and I know if i just contact them they would have something for me,,, I'll get in trouble... I just got a setting for my golden tourmaline on the way,,, so maybe that'll curb my addiction at least for another month, while my bank account recover from a gem, mounting and an eternity band (maybe- not sure if its a keeper yet still) I just got as well since I still need my reset done (that one is going to take some more months until I am 100% sure of what I need to do one last final attempt
2.gif
and be happy with it for at least five years anyways... uggg
39.gif
yes.. winning the lottery so I can buy more gems ehh
11.gif

MrsDoubleP

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 6:17:36 PM
Author: D&T

D&T, I can''t offer any advice about the stone, because I''m just starting to learn about colored stones. I just wanted to say that I''m with you on the addiction thing! It''s funny, I was never interested in colored stones before, but the more I look, the more I love! Do you know how I know I have a problem? There is a stone I''ve been eyeing for a while, know I can''t have it, but I keep checking up on it just to make sure it''s still there, you know, just in case I win the lottery or something!
2.gif
when can you get it?... because I''m in the pink, green mood lately and love asschers,,, I''ve been driving myself nuts perusing through all the sites looking for these stones... and I know if i just contact them they would have something for me,,, I''ll get in trouble... I just got a setting for my golden tourmaline on the way,,, so maybe that''ll curb my addiction at least for another month, while my bank account recover from a gem, mounting and an eternity band (maybe- not sure if its a keeper yet still) I just got as well since I still need my reset done (that one is going to take some more months until I am 100% sure of what I need to do one last final attempt
2.gif
39.gif
11.gif

When I win the lottery!
2.gif
I wasn''t entirely joking when I said that!
8.gif

Hubby and I are trying to focus on paying down our mortgage, so no goodies for me for quite a while. We owe $160,000 more on our mortgage than the darn thing is worth!
39.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7.gif

Date: 5/29/2009 6:34:45 PM

Date: 5/29/2009 6:17:36 PM
Author: D&T

2.gif
when can you get it?... because I''m in the pink, green mood lately and love asschers,,, I''ve been driving myself nuts perusing through all the sites looking for these stones... and I know if i just contact them they would have something for me,,, I''ll get in trouble... I just got a setting for my golden tourmaline on the way,,, so maybe that''ll curb my addiction at least for another month, while my bank account recover from a gem, mounting and an eternity band (maybe- not sure if its a keeper yet still) I just got as well since I still need my reset done (that one is going to take some more months until I am 100% sure of what I need to do one last final attempt
2.gif
39.gif
11.gif

When I win the lottery!
2.gif
I wasn''t entirely joking when I said that!
8.gif

Hubby and I are trying to focus on paying down our mortgage, so no goodies for me for quite a while. We owe $160,000 more on our mortgage than the darn thing is worth!
39.gif
ooh I''m so sorry, there''s a lot of us out there
7.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are small but you could put them into an earring as an accent stone. I have a set of costume earrings that I'd love to copy and I would need 2 little stones like that.

Just an enabling thought. Also, do you mind sharing the vendor? If they had that size in another color I might get two for my Costume Copy project.

Thanks.

ETA: I found their website...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn''t find the gems you posted. I didn''t find anything there that works for me either. I did notice that they use the same exact photo for gems of different sizes!! WARNING red flag. And due to this I probably won''t buy from them.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry SH- just got on this morning. glad you found the seller, i did noticed that on one of their other gem, so I requested additional pictures. the seller was kind enough and prompt in response saying that he''ll take additional pictures and email them to me. so I shall see.. I''ll let you know and post pictures if they really do send them to me.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can''t go wrong since it''s only $17, but it sure is tiny. Have you drawn out a 4 mm circle? That''s more like an accent stone size, or maybe an Etsy stacking ring would be a good fit.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2009 1:54:14 PM
Author: Chrono
You can''t go wrong since it''s only $17, but it sure is tiny. Have you drawn out a 4 mm circle? That''s more like an accent stone size, or maybe an Etsy stacking ring would be a good fit.
yeah i was purposely looking for something about 4mm and really liked the bezeling idea of etsy stacking or double pendant, and your right its only $17,,, it''ll be something to learn about stones and this seller and a fun little project to curb my wanting larger and more expensive gems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results