shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m about to become a two-dress bride - help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK so I have completely fallen in love with a dress other than my Maggie (Chantilly) and so now I need to sell it. Here is the dress that has displaced it - please let me know what you think ladies (besides that I am crazy)...

The color of the sample is light gold, I’m pretty sure I’m going to order it in white.

The front and back:
47b5d633b3127cce933db2a3f98500000015108AZNGLlyzYuB

47b5d633b3127cce933db2b7f99100000015108AZNGLlyzYuB

With the spaghetti straps and a closeup of the beading – its more sparkly in real life
47b5d633b3127cce933db2a9f98f00000015108AZNGLlyzYuB

47b5d633b3127cce933db2a5f98300000015108AZNGLlyzYuB

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And then what do we think of the veil options - I need opinions on this ladies!

Here’s with a short veil from the front and back (mom’s preference)
47b5d633b3127cce933db1ccb97300000015108AZNGLlyzYuB

47b5d633b3127cce933db1c0b97f00000015108AZNGLlyzYuB

And here is a long veil – my preference, at least for now…
47b5d633b3127cce933db291f9b700000015108AZNGLlyzYuB

47b5d633b3127cce933db292788400000015108AZNGLlyzYuB

47b5d633b3127cce933db1c3384c00000015108AZNGLlyzYuB

Oh and because I can''t resist - I think this is a completely and totally amazing bustle!!
47b5d633b3127cce933db2ce78d800000015108AZNGLlyzYuB

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
AmberGretchen - Its a BEAUTIFUL dress!! Absolutley gorgeous. I think I like it better than Chantilly (which has suddenly become the dress choice of EVERY knottie, have you noticed that?) and you look sooooooo happy to be wearing it! Its looks GORGEOUS on you. Have you lost even MORE weight? It looks like it,or maybe the dress is just even more flattering! Perhaps you should wait awhile before you buy this one though, just so you don''t change your mind again!!!

I bet you will be able to sell your chantilly though, maybe even for what you bought it for since you bought it used, you can resell it for the same price I bet... and like I said.. lots of knotties are suddenly falling all over that dress!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
and.. because I''m such a dress nerd.. thats a casablanca right?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Mom''s right.....the long train and long veil compete with each other instead of complementing one another.
2.gif

I''d go with the shorter veil if you select this dress.

Minny

Rough_Rock
I''m pretty sure my draw actually dropped when I saw these photos -- you look positively beautiful and elegant. I even love the bustle, and I''m not usually very into bustles at all.
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awww...thanks ladies. I LOVE it. More the more I look at the pictures
9.gif

Yeah - MS its on eBay and I''m trying to add it to my Knot Bio so I can post it for sale on the Dress board, but I can''t access my bio right now
7.gif
And thanks for noticing
9.gif
- I did lose more weight, and another size. I''ve lost 22 lbs total (for those who missed the story, you can out some "before" pics here: AG''s Before Weight I''ve been trying to buff up a bit, so the weight loss has slowed slightly, but I think I am getting smaller still - I''ve gone from size 12 jeans to size 6 jeans, and I think at this point I want to lose at most like one more size. I promise I am going to think about this one for longer - I''ve already been to try it on twice with two different people I trust (mom and stepmom) and they both LOVED it. But I''m going to show the pics to others and think about it for a while longer. I had niggling doubts about the other one, that it was just too much - this one is just what I envisioned - simple, glamorous, a slight vintage element, and its a ballgown
1.gif
. I might get it made with a slight sweetheart neckline because I think that''s a bit more flattering on me, but on the other hand I love it just the way it is too, so I have to think about that...

Thanks others for the kind comments. I would be interested to hear other opinions about the veil - I can kind of see the issue with the competition...fortunately I have a long time to decide
2.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh MS I almost forgot - your dress nerdiness is right on - its a Casablanca, style #1785 (would never have picked it from the ad!!)

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE IT AG!!!!!!!!!!!!! And dang girl, you have lost weight! You look totally amazing, you should be so proud of your hard work!

Actually, I like the light gold on you. It''s very rich. And I''d go short veil.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
22lbs is FANTASTIC! It hasn''t even been that long.. has it? Maybe three months? And a twelve to a 6 is GREAT! I used to weigh a lot more than I do now.. I went from a 13 to a 3 and lost about 30 lbs. It took me like 8 months though.. and now I''ve gained about 10 of it back.. SIGH.. HELP ME!! I can''t stop eating! And its my time of the month (TOM as I like to call it).. so I have the WORST sweet tooth. Made FI take me to the grocery store.. I wanted Cheesecake..but ended up buying that plus two kinds of cookies.. You''re doing SOO good and it shows so much on you!

I also agree with the others about the short veil in your case.. Or maybe just a longer veil that isn''t that one. I think if you get a long veil it needs to extend beyond the train of the dress.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Amber Gretchen,
Each time I see you, you look more and more gorgeous. It makes sense that you''d change your mind about gowns, you''ve completely changed since you fell in love with Chantilly! You keep shrinking! Fullfill your heart''s desire my friend! You look fabulous by the way! Now I need to go back and look at your old pictures.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh, AG- that dress looks amazing on you!!!! the other one looked great too, but wow... this one
30.gif
it''s stunning!! and I love that bustle too.

I can totally see me buying multiple dresses too...
2.gif
expensive indecision though! it''s hard to pass it up when it''s so perfect. But what are you doing trying on more dresses?
3.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What about a cathedrail legnth veil for the wedding and a shorter one for the reception? I love longer veils they just seem so....brideish!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! I love that bustle! I''d stick with the short veil because, like al pointed out, I think it would compete, plus if you decided to have it bustled the short would look better with it. Very beautiful dress.
1.gif

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE that dress. The Chantilly is pretty but like Melissa said, sooooooooo common. That dress is simple and elegant. My dress is similiar, so I am a sucker for big satin ballgown skirts. Anyhow-it looks gorgeous on you, I say go for it!!!! Did you only put a deposit on the Chantilly? or did you pay in full?

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful dress. You're right, the bustle is to die for! I am, however, going to disagree with your mom and vote for the long veil. It appeals to me visually, but also there is a science behind this as well. When I was trying on veils, the lovely woman who owned the bridal shop pointed out that with the lovely detailing I had at the waist, I would want that to show through the tulle and not have the beading on the bottom of the veil covering it up.
I can't really tell if the veil has beading from the pictures, though, so maybe thelack of beading on the veil debunks this theory?

Anyway, the long veil enhances the flow of everything and elongates your body, in my opinion.

Edited to add: It's true that the bustle becomes problematic with such a long veil. I vote for something in between the two.
9.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
AG - you look stunning in that dress!!!!! The bustle is just... there aren''t wods! I''m of no help in the veil department - I''m clueless about those things. I loved the Chantilly on you, but now that I see this one, it blows Chantilly away! I hope you are able to sell it easily on ebay - I''m going to be doing the same w/ the Lazaro I bought on ebay & have since changed my mind about. And from a 12 to 6 is a great accomplishment!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies - all the kind words are appreciated, as well as the advice about the veil
1.gif
even if it looks like mom prevails for most everyone so far (don''t you just hate it when mothers are right LOL
3.gif
)

Anyway, for those that missed the story the first time around, I bought the dress from another knottie, not worn or altered, but she changed her mind too. It was at a discount because she got it back when you could actually get Maggies at a discount. I don''t seem to have any luck so far with my eBay listing - I''m a bit worried its because I haven''t actually sold anything on eBay before and so I have no feedback, and I know people usually prefer to buy from people with some feedback. If anyone has a lot of experience with eBay, would you mind taking a look at the listing (item #8211484908) and tell me what I can do to maybe improve it? FI says I''m being silly because its been on there less than 2 full days, but I''m nervous because I don''t even have one hit yet, although my seller''s listing says there are 4 people "watching" the auction whatever that means. I am definitely not a patient person, and this is driving me nuts!! Anyway, and help from those more experienced than I would be appreciated.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh that bustle is just to DIE FOR. I'm not a fan of long trains at all but I love how they look bustled!

I agree short veil looks better with the dress, esp from the back. Also I love your hair down, is that how you plan to wear it? Very romantic.

oh and lastly I actually really like the color of the dress with your skin tone. Sometimes I find white dresses too harsh even though I know they are traditional. Mine was ivory but I love all the softer shades that are the rage now too. Very complimentary.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Well first of all, your royal skinniness, you look GREAT!!

Second of all, that bustle is AMAZING!!!!! WHOA!

So no, you''re not crazy....you''ll sell the old one, and love this one--it looks great. And I think I concur w/ your mom and alj re: the shorter veil.....that train is enough interest all by itself!

Kudos!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
AG, the ebay listing looks great! Just be patient. I see you already had one ebay member ask you a question. Good :) The four that are "watching" means that four members have put your listing on their watch list. It''s a good thing! Also, most experienced ebay members aren''t going to bid early because it would only create a bidding war well before the listing ends. Many bidders will wait until the last minute to bid. You will be surprised how many late bids you get right before the auction ends.

JUST BE PATIENT!!
2.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm, WOW you look AWESOME!!! I just checked out your before-the-weight-loss pics againj and you look like a completely different girl!!!! Way to go, all your hard work is definitely paying off. :)

First off, I LUUUUUUV the new dress. It''s gorgeous, and the bustle is soooo freakin'' cool. Just beautiful. And I gotta agree with Mara, I like it in the color of the sample...it really looks great with your skin tone and coloring!

And, sorry, I gotta go with your mom on the veil thing. I think the shorter one really lets the dress shine, and the longer one distracts from the beauty of the dress. Just MHO.

Congrats on finding this beauty! You look radiant in it! :)

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
AG -- your ebay listing looks fine to me. Personally I dont like when there are reserves, it makes me hesitant to bid because its like a guessing game to see where the reserve ends. But if people are watching your auction it means they''ve visited and their ebay keeps tabs on the bidding and will email them before it ends to see if they still are interested in it, so that''s a good thing. I think you''ll do fine though, it is a popular, and beautiful dress! Your new one is gorgeous though, very pretty. Like everyone said, the bustle is fabulous, and short length veil all the way (imo).

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!! Like everyone else said -- you looked pretty in Chantilly, but WOW!!! Your new dress is stunning!!! YOU look great too btw...12-6 is amazing!!! I also love that color on you, and that bustle is FAB-OO-LOUS!!

I am totally biased towards long veils, but I have to agree with mom on this one, the short veil totally complements your dress and highlights it way better than the long one. But if you do go with a long one, I prefer the ones that extend beyond the dress, the ones that stop in between look kinda awkward.

Good luck selling your dress!!! I know what you mean about being impatient, but no worries, you''ll get tons of inquiries and hits in the last two days!

COngrats on finding your dress...it''s gorgeous!!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I have to say, I think this dress just squashes the competition (the MS Chantilly) by a million miles...

And I vote for the shorter veil too. Or even a longer one, but w/one tier instead, so it doesn''t cover up the gorgeous detailing on the back.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
AG - I think your listing looks great & I''m glad to see that you have ''real'' pictures (I get aggravated at people selling dresses or items w/ only the designer/advertising photos). Stretch is right, you most likely get lots of bids at the last minute, and having ''watchers'' is a very promising sign and the number of those watching will most surely increase over the next few days. I have sold a few things on ebay & I sympathize - I''m not patient at all & it''s just pure torture!!
28.gif

Good luck!!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Amber Gretchen,
I just checked out your listing on e-bay. I think it looks great! I especially think the pictures are fantastic. I''m sure you''ll get bids. Good luck!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
You ladies are all so incredibly sweet
1.gif

I am feeling a bit more optimistic about the eBay auction - I got two more questions this afternoon, and I''m up to six watchers. Also I finally got back on the Knot, so I put it in my Bio and posted it as for sale on the dress board.

For those who commented about the color - here''s a color tests we did holding up dresses in white and ivory from this brand. Also, if you go back to the original weight loss pics (see link above), there are some more ivory vs. white pictures. I think the white heightens my color, if that makes any sense - I think the ivory makes me look kind of washed out, but better pictures are in the other thread.

47b5d632b3127cce9338fec0c13900000046118AZNGLlyzYuB

47b5d632b3127cce9338feb3407a00000036108AZNGLlyzYuB

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh and yes, I am planning to wear my hair half back like in the pictures, or maybe even all the way down, but I think it looks much better like that than up. I think it will be about this length although I might grow it a bit longer - so it just brushes the top of the back of the dress.

Keep in mind that the ivory fabric is much closer to the fabric of THE DRESS and is much nicer - that was fairly cheap white fabric, the real fabric has a great sheen to it, more like the ivory.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2005 11:31:21 PM
Author: aljdewey
Mom''s right.....the long train and long veil compete with each other instead of complementing one another.
2.gif

I''d go with the shorter veil if you select this dress.
I agree w/ your mom & aljdewey. I like the way the short veil falls to the end of the bodice of your dress. It really highlights the beading & doesn''t detract from the train or bustle. (the bustle is just divine, btw!
30.gif
) I think the long veil competes w/ the long train. Gorgeous dress! You look beautiful & so happy in it!

Congrats on your weight loss! You look fantastic!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results