shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm a lady in waiting.....

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many of my loving and loyal Pricescope friends know that fourteen months ago, I was diagnosed with a severe precancerous condition in my colon that caused us to face some very difficult decisions. Last summer, that decision was to try to remove a dozen pre-c polyps one by one. That didn't work. I almost bled to death. My recovery was three months long, and the Whiteflash "Bella" pendant was the design I brought to life to reward myself for pulling through that horrible ordeal. The rest of the year was filled with more colonoscopies and looking for a special doctor to help me without doing anything radical. Well that wasn't to be. So last March, I had 75% of my colon removed. The surgery went like clockwork, until four days late when a serious life threatening peritonitis infection kicked in. A second surg was necessary to disconnect my new colon connection so I could heal from the infection. I was in the hospital for three weeks, only to come home for week and go into a local hospital for the treatment of heart complications from all of the colon stuff. Fast forward to now and I am waiting to go for my third and last major surgery to reconnect my colon. But in the meantime....... since I had some time to wait....... I decided to set a loose diamond I'd had hanging around for years, to have a diamond band made to match, and to find a metal band that would work to complete the whole set. And so I enlisted the assistant of Luann at I.D. Jewelers and we chose some mountings and got to work. Three weeks have gone by and my new e-ring and diamond band should be coming back from setting and polishing any time now! I should have pictures very soon and I should have my new wedding set in my hot little hands by week's end! I'm very excited that I finally got another project done, that I had been talking about doing for sooooooo long!

Dreamer, you'll recognize the e-ring mounting!

Aurell scroll design comfort fit 3 mm band.jpg

Nine Stone Four Prongs Per Stone Closed Ends.jpg

Unique Settings Four Prong Sol.jpg

IMG_1766.JPG

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW - really pretty!!!!!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, you are a very brave and lucky woman. That is a wonderful set and gift to yourself :appl: I wish you all the best for your final surgery

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck with the surgery. I certainly hope that your recovery goes smoothly.

Looking forward to seeing your new wedding set. I'm certain it will be lovely.

Take good care.

Cachette :))

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you motownmama (I love your name) and Sparkly Blonde (I'm not so sure about the brave part! but I am lucky to have survived all of this).

I received my little hand engraved band last week. I was going to wait to post all of the pics together, but I couldn't help myself! It's really so pretty. Please excuse the condition of my wrinkly old hand. They're even more wrinkly since I lost 24 lbs. after the second surgery (and I've only put not quite half back on).

IMG_2100.JPG

IMG_2101.JPG

IMG_2097.JPG

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful set~ :love: :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cachette|1307371173|2938912 said:
Good luck with the surgery. I certainly hope that your recovery goes smoothly.

Looking forward to seeing your new wedding set. I'm certain it will be lovely.

Take good care.

Cachette :))

Thank you Cachette. We're looking forward to this surgery to be the one thing that to happen during this journey without complication.

It kills me to not be able to wear ANY jewelry while in the hospital!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gemgirl -- wow, you've gone through so much. Thinking of you and I hope all goes well with this next surgery.

I LOVE your rings, and I think I'm in love with the engraved band. Is that one from IDJ? I couldn't tell from your post. I've been wanting an engraved band, and I think I might have to bookmark yours, if you don't mind. :))

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1307371814|2938927 said:
Gemgirl -- wow, you've gone through so much. Thinking of you and I hope all goes well with this next surgery.

I LOVE your rings, and I think I'm in love with the engraved band. Is that one from IDJ? I couldn't tell from your post. I've been wanting an engraved band, and I think I might have to bookmark yours, if you don't mind. :))

Zoe, no I don't mind if you bookmark my little band. You're so sweet! That little band was made by a company named Aurell. They have a website where you can see an assortment of hand engraved designs to chose from. http://www.aurell.com/ Yuketiel (of I.D.)is custom making that diamond band for me. I don't think they do any plain metal bands at all.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemgirl - they're all beautiful pieces, and all so well thought out and executed! I'm drawn toward simpler settings myself - I love how they let the center stone shine, and I love being able to appreciate the architecture of the setting - and your new e-ring fits the bill on all counts! Enjoy wearing and staring at your new set.

I hadn't realized that you've been facing such health challenges. Best wishes for a smooth surgery and recovery, with no complications!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gemgirl, I wish you got to buy this bling for some other reason -- like just a whim! -- but hopefully the new bling will give you a nice distraction in the coming weeks! Wishing you all the best!

I can't wait to see the whole set. Love the band. I recently tried some engraved bands like that and loved the look a lot. And you will love the solitaire setting. It should work perfectly with your hald eternity!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Your new bling is beautiful. I really like the band. The detail is perfect. I would really like wearing that.
NOW get well and buy bling for I am healthy days!! Although I know the feeling of pick me up bling, I got ruby earrings for finishing chemo 15 years ago ,and a beautiful pearl bracelet to distract me after a very botched breast reconstruction!
Good luck and best wishes for nothing but good news and good days in the next weeks. Elisa

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemgirl - sparkly is right on, you are very brave, and strong!

I wish you the best in your upcoming (and final!) surgery, and look forward to many more celebration pieces :appl: Your new rings are really beautiful, and the band is lovely on you :love:

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Gem Girl:

Glad to see you have completed your first (post op) project.
One of many, many more jewelry projects you are sure to bring to life.
You are an inspiration, as is your jewelry. :appl:
I can't wait to see this set all together.

I look forward to seeing all the beautiful creations you have in store for us. ;))

May you wear them all in continuing good health!

Prayers go out for you that your upcoming surgery goes smoothly and you can finally put this chapter behind you and concentrate on all the beautiful things that life has in store for you.

All the best to you always.

SuzyQz

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your hand engraved band is really beautiful! And it looks lovely on your hand! I'm really looking forward to seeing pics of your new set!

Sending you lots of dust and positive energy for this upcoming surgery :)) .

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemGirl - you are always in my thoughts! I hope you have a speedy recovery. Sending lots of dust your way and I Love :love: :love: :love: the new engraved band, it looks gorgeous on you! I'm such a sucker for engravings now.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew you were having health issues gemgirl, but I didn't realize the extent of it. I'm really sorry you are going through so much. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you a quick recovery from this last surgery.

I adore that band! It's beautiful, the engraving is so lovely and well-done. It looks perfect on your finger, and I can't wait to see the entire finished set! I'm excited for you! :appl:

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Your new bling is beautiful! The engraved band looks very elegant. You are very brave and strong - sending prayers your way for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You soooo deserve to treat yourself! Sounds like you have been put through the ringer with all the surgerys/procedures. I'm
glad you are doing better. Your engraved band is lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing your other two. I wish you only
good health from here on.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Wow you have been through so much. I really hope for a speedy recovery and a successful surgery to end the saga!

The rings all look very beautiful! I can't wait to see the rest of the hand shots.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemgirl, I am so sorry for all your complications. I hope this next surgery will be successful and that you will have a rapid and complete recovery! These are beautiful projects to keep your mind on something fun! Ironically, I have also been looking at engraved bands and am very interested in your ring and the website! I'll look forward to seeing all the rings!!! :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemgirl, I am so very sorry that you have had to go through all of this. Many prayers coming your way for a perfect surgery and
easy recovery!

This is a tough way to get bling, but a perfect way for some fun to come out of it all. It is going to be a lovely set. Can't wait to see
it completed!

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
lovely lady in waiting - I love all of your rings, but more than that I admire your courage and send you wishes for an easy surgery and speedy recovery. I know that when you have medical issues they can take over your life so working on a jewelry project is the perfect antidote to the endless doctor visits, meds, poking and prodding. Wishing you the best! :twirl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous choices--much heaing dust your way!

cheers--Sharon

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I didn't know your story but agree that you are one strong and brave lady. I love all your new pieces and hope for a rapid healing and a complete recovery for you!!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Gemgirl, what a long and scary journey you have been on. I am praying for you that your last surgery will be a breeze.

I love your jewelry :love: You have exquisite taste!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wishing you the best gemgirl! You are strong and brave - dont ever think otherwise.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all three, they are just so beautiful! But that engraved band is the standout for me, it is stunning :love: I hope they forever remind you of your amazing resilience and bravery.

Wishing you all the best for your reversal procedure and sending massive truckloads of well wishes and good vibes across the globe!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings, I wish you the best of luck as you head into your last surgery.

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
Gemgirl,
Thank you for sharing your story and your latest project! I wish you all the best as you head into your (hopefully) last surgery! Lots of T&P and positive get well vibes for a speedy recovery so you can get out of the hospital quickly and enjoy your beautiful new wedding set! It is truly a lovely set so wear it in good health. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results