shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m a Fiance! My long awaited Ritani is on my finger!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
Well it has finally happened. My boyfriend ended the torture! Last night he proposed. He wove a HUGE web of lies to make our engagement incredible and perfect and it was just that!
9.gif

Story:
Rich had wanted to propose at the place where we first met (a really nice restaurant in NYC) but he figured if he had suggested that we go there then I would catch onto his scheme, so he had a good friend make up this HUGE story sending me a bunch of reviews on different places in Manhattan and then finally he choose OUR place. So I arrived last night and about 10 minutes into the night he got up to go "help his wife and child out of the subway". Well needless to say Rich was rather mushy but I hadn''t really thought much of it. He then diverted my attention to his phone to fix something and then he said "Honey I have something to tell you; I love you so much". Then "Honey I have something to ask you" and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!
eek.gif
I was in shock. I almost forgot that there was a question there as I wsa dumbfounded and almost forgot to answer!

I couldn''t believe he had pulled this huge thing off. Well little did I know that the plot thickened. It was great! The restaurant manager came over to congratulate us and brought us champagne. at this point he mentioned that we also had reservations downtown for dinner so we headed downtown to this gorgeous restaurant overlooking the Hudson! It was so special AND sitting at a table in the back was our parents! He had planned the whole thing!

His parents live in Maryland and mine in NY but his parents had driven all the way up from Maryland to celebrate with us. I was SO touched. It was a truly amazing night. I couldn''t/can''t believe he pulled it off without me having a single clue. We had already planned to head down the Jersey Shore this weekend with his whole family (Aunts, Uncles, etc) for a week long family get together. Rich had told me that we were leaving today but in actuality we are leaving tomorrow and going to the Four Seasons tonight followed by a Broadway play with his parents! I am on cloud nine and very sleep deprived at the moment and could not be happier!

He couldn''t have planned it any better! And of course, my pictures are below!
appl.gif

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
Diamond Specs:
Carat-1.7
Color-G
Clarity-VS1
HCA-.7
Dimentions-7.75-7.78x4.69
Table-55
Depth-60.4
Crown-34.2
Pavillion-40.7
Girdle-Thin-Medium
Polish/Symm-VG/EX

ringup2.jpg

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
Setting:
Ritani micro-pave

ringbling.jpg

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
Side view!
appl.gif

ringsideview1.jpg

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
Last one! On my finger!
9.gif

ring2sm.jpg

jenny

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!! beautiful story and a beautiful ring!!!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring and thoughtful engagement story! Best wishes on your engagement!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow. Your ring is so beautiful. I love the setting. The stone looks so big on your finger. You must be in heaven. Congrats to you both.
What a wonderful story. He's creative and sentimental. Lucky Gal.
Nan

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much everyone! I am so happy (and a little more caffinated now). I am just shocked! You think you know someone. I had been involved in every step of picking out the diamond and setting so I thought that coupled with the fact that I know him so well (or so I thought
1.gif
) as well as the fact that we live together, he wouldn't be able to surprise me at all! He proved me very wrong and I am so happy he did. He kept in a complete secret and he has had the ring for a month! I just love the ring. It exceeded my expectations and then some!
appl.gif

cal650

Rough_Rock
Great story and a very pretty ring. It's an inspiration for when it comes time for me to pop the question.

I'm actually in the process of looking for a stone of the same size. If you dont mind, could you either post or PM me your ring size? I find it hard to gauge proportions with just numbers and love seeing pictures of rings on a hand.

thanks!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
WhooHoo!!! Awesome rock! What a fabulous engagement story, so sweet and thoughtful.

Best Wishes and enjoy your weekend!
appl.gif

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Was it a custom ring? I didn't see it on their website?

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations and best wishes to you both! That was a great proposal and your ring is stunning!!! Being engaged is sooo much fun, really... Enjoy every minute of it!!! kl

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Great story--and super-fabulous ring!!!! I love the setting--it really shows off that gorgeous stone but still has a little sparkle on its own.
love.gif
Congrats!!
1.gif

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
Oh, that's beautiful!
love.gif
Congratulations on your engagement and such a pretty ring!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations
appl.gif
The diamond and setting are beautiful! The diamond looks huge on your hand
love.gif
What is your ring size by the way? Again, congrats to both of you and enjoy your gorgeous ring!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Simply BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations!

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
Thank you again everyone. We are having so much fun just seeing everyone. Everyone is just very happy as are we! I am sure when we see the rest of the family this week/weekend much wedding and engagement talk will be had.
9.gif

I actually gave the ring it's first cleaning earlier (after seeing some dirt on it in the pictures) and the light that has been coming off the stone has been amazing. I really owe such a great find to this forum and what I have learned from within.

ep6585-No it isn't a custom ring. Ritani, unbeknownst to me why, has not published it and I cannot find it on any other sites. I stumbled onto it on theknot.com about 2 months ago. The design had only come out maybe 3 months ago. Any Ritani dealer will most likely have the setting in their store. I have seen the setting with a cushion, round, and princess stone in it. They all are beautiful.

bkim and KBerly-my ring size is a 5.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful story. That ring is so lovely and I love the hand pic. Congrats and best wishes to you both.

Shay

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! The ring is absolutely stunning and looks monstrous on your hand. That is the size of diamond I am swooning over and of course I adore micropave super thin bands...so double yummy. YUM! Is the band eternity or halfway? Mmmmmm....

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! LOVE the setting!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a stunner!

The side view is sooooo wonderful! I love the pave going across the basket!

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
Well, back from vacation and lots of engagement partying was had which was great! Everyone saw the ring and they were just in awe. I even got one...I have never seen such an amazingly gorgeous stone!
appl.gif
Yeah!

It has completely passed all light tests with flying colors!
9.gif

Mara-The micro pave goes all the way around the band except for 1 cm (tops) at the back for what I can only guess is for where the ring will wear most causing any diamonds that were possibly there to fall out. All in all there are about 21 tiny diamonds, in the setting, on both sides of the center stone and 16 on the bridge under the diamond.

We also have the wedding band (will post pics when we go visit it in the vault) and it is identical to the band on the setting with the thin micro pave going all around.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
very nice! what is the mm of the band? it looks very thin, 2mm maybe?

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
It is a little more than 1.5 mm but less than 2mm. We just measured it and that is the closest we could estimate but I think I read specs a while ago stating it to be something like 1.8 mm to be exact. It is very thin. Extremely comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results