carat
color
clarity

iLander and Danny's quit smoking thread

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone!

No smoking! No going back!

I'm sorry I haven't checked in. I've been moving. It's so exhausting but it's done! :appl:

Thanks, again!

iLander, hugs!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
nothing like moving to keep you busy!

good work on both accounts, Danny!

unpacking boxes yet?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
The new place is actually a studio and I love that but I have boxes and bags and loose clothes everywhere!

I'm used to being able to put things in a bedroom as a closet for a rainy day and organize it when I want to- here it's kind of in the way.

Oh, yes- very not unpacked yet! :))

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Yeah!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

You are doing such a great job Danny!

Whenever you want one, just remember it's the evil cigarettes talking, and who the heck wants to listen to those little ba$tards?

It's hard, but you are stronger!

Yeah!!! :appl: :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
moved into a studio and has boxes and bags of things all over the place? i sense a major reorganization and perhaps even a purge of unused items during the next days/weeks/months......and that will really keep you busy!

ah, the bane of our existence to getting organized here at home: we have what we call the "blue" in which things are placed [read tossed] and stacked precariously awaiting purge/reorganization.......and this is good for a laugh: its called the "blue" room to this day because when we moved in 7 years ago it was a blue color but we had it painted a neutral white type color as is the other room/office and to differentiate as to where we might begin the hunt for a long lost item, we reference the "blue" room!

stay busy, Danny! you're doing great.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
How's it going Danny?

I am on week 8 and the only thing that really motivates me at this point is the $$$ I am saving, which have really added up. :appl:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Ilander :appl: Danny you can do it, you both will feel much better after its all done :appl:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the support!!!

It's going OK- I'm maybe a little irritable but I don't think it's going to last as long as when I quit for three years. Wow, that was a rough haul.

iLander, you're going great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl:

MovieZombie, thanks, it is a time for culling and organizing, big time. SO wanted me to work on it today, and I did, for 37 minutes. :errrr:

He was kind of was mad.

I need to get/ stay busier. It's just I don't feel good and I'm great at organizing and cleaning but, hmm, it's hard to explain, if I don't feel inspired, it's very hard to make myself do it. However, if I don't do A LOT MORE of it, it's never going to get done. The place is a mess! Just a mess, but you're right. It is a blessing to have such an efficient living arrangement where it cannot be put off for much longer.

Hugs, everyone! :wavey:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck!!! I quit smoking about 3 years ago and haven't looked back! My husband told me he wouldn't propose until I quit and what better motivator than a big ole diamond ;-)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
danny, 37 minutes is better than no minutes!
turn on the music and get moving to the beat....sometimes works for me.....
actually, i have music i listen to when i'm in a cooking mood......with a glass of wine, of course!

another idea: set a date to have some people over to see the new place....might motivate you to get organized before the arrive?

all this, of couse, to keep you busy and your mind off your habit. good to hear withdrawals aren't as bad this time. you're doing something right if you're feeling it less.

oh, and wash all your clothing.....once you get used to how you smell and your clothing smell w/o that yucky smoke smell, you won't want to go back to it. a new space w/o smoke smell and clothing w/o smoke smell will go a long ways in reinforcing your quiting.

any plans for the long weekend?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1309360081|2957988 said:
danny, 37 minutes is better than no minutes!

That's what I told him! :bigsmile:

He has three days off and tomorrow we have a bunch of errands to get done.

Then I'm hoping he'll spend some time with me going through everything, cause you know more than half of it actually belongs to him.

I've already invited a neighbor from my old place for a dinner party. She's going to call me and then we'll plan it. If that doesn't happen soon, SO's mother is coming in six weeks. That ought to be some motivation to have everything done.

Thanks for your support and good luck with your blue room! I have had rooms like that for over six years now! :saint:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, Danny, i must confess that it is easier to cheer you on than to tackle the "blue" room! however, you are motivating me to at least think about it..... its so easy to keep the door shut to that room and pretend its not there.......

you are so on top of handling keeping busy and getting organized. you are going to succeed and quit, i just know it.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Give me 6 weeks and I'll let you know if my organization is done. SO says it has to be done now that we live in a studio and that's kind of hard to argue with. I have *never* reached the point where I considered it done. I mean I have things to organize, I have papers to file. I have a *lot* to organize. I've been moving his stuff and mind around the globe for 15 years. It's always getting organized, more coming in, things getting sorted, things getting stored... I'm talking about both of our files, putting them all in the middle of the floor, and organizing every single piece of paper at one time, organizing every object we own. It's a collateral task for me, even though we don't have much stuff, it all *means* something, it all has to *go* somewhere, to be stored safely, to be moved safely, to be... I hope enjoyed. All the while, the studio, the car, the mail, has to be cleaned and sorted, and stay cleaned and sorted. :errrr: Your faith in my ability to quit smoking and finish my organizing project means a lot to me. Thanks!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Danny, I know you can quit! I have met mouth-breathing knuckle-draggers with less talent and brains than you, and THEY'VE quit.

You can handle it, you're stronger than the stupid cigs. I shudder to think what kind of weird crap they're putting in them now that they're classified as a drug. :errrr: That actually makes it easier for the corporations to put whatever addictive chemicals they want in there, not harder. I think they're a festival of nasty chemicals now, even worse than before!

Stop thinking of yourself as a smoker. You're not that guy anymore. You're a healthy person who will live a happier old age with a lot less problems. You want to be the spry old guy, not the wheezy, whiny one. :)

And I'll be that annoying old lady that says "stand up straighter, back problems all come from slouching", or whatever pops into my head at that moment. :bigsmile:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
:bigsmile:

I DO see you as older than me (that's not hard because my "how old do you feel" age is 17) but NOT like an old lady or a mother more like an older sister! And I want to be one of those "say whatever you feel like saying" old people. I'm trying to be eccentric! But it's not easy. Society really wans you to conform all the time.

Thank you so much, iLander.

I hope you're doing well with it! Do you plan to stop the occasional cigarettes and the gum and lozenges (I'm not sure if those have nicotine) or is it too soon to think about that?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hi Danny! :wavey:

I'm sorry to be away so long, I've just been going a mile a minute lately! I really haven't posted at all.

Not older, let's just say "seasoned" ;))

Eccentric is easy, just say whatever pops into your head. Everyone is used to that from me, so they won't see much change there. :bigsmile:

i don't know about getting off the lozenges, etc., that could be a long haul 8) My aunt was hooked on nicotine gum for seven years! I keep whittling away at the patch, it gets a little smaller each week, but I'm kind of a big baby and afraid to go cold turkey. Every time I go without all my crutches, I suddenly get mean.

Are you going cold turkey?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Hi iLander! :wavey:

Yes, cold turkey. I didn't use the gum this time. It might have been helpful but I didn't want to make a trip to Wal-Mart for that in the middle of moving. I mean I'm still not done with the move. I have a few things left still that I hope I can take care of this week.

I've been irritable at times but I'm glad I don't have to worry about getting cigarettes, cleaning up ashtrays, going outside to smoke, my throat hurting, and things like that. So it's been good. :))

I don't think you need to be addicted to nicotine for a long time, at least I hope you won't be. Maybe you should make a plan to cut back methodically, over a specific number of days or months? I feel like I shouldn't suggest that because it's personal but I care about you and that's what I'm thinking. There I said it! :bigsmile:

Hugs,

Danny

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
imD, cold turkey! and you're not missing a sore throat or dirty ashtrays. you won't miss the smell of smoke on your clothes, in your hair, etc. either. much easier to go cold turkey moving into a new space....new space, new ways of being.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hi Danny! :wavey:

I've been a big slacker, and haven't posted anything, sorry! :(sad I don't know, I just haven't felt like it . . . ::)

How's it going? Are you still not smoking? I hope so!

You're right, I should set a date to get off the nicotine patch and lozenges, but it's hard (whine . . . :oops: ). I'm not a big, macho, "cold turkey" guy like you. :D I'm a craven coward. I'm just cruising on these crutches for as long as they'll hold me, or until I get sick of them, whichever comes first.

I did, however, spring for a very expensive (designer! first in my life!) purse with my savings, so that is good incentive for me. I have to stay stopped, so I can pay off the other half of it! :bigsmile:

How's life? All settled in after the move?

I'm at eleven weeks and counting, you'll have to quit a LOT to catch up with me! ;-)

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
:wavey:

iLander, I haven't felt like posting either! I fell off the wagon to the tune of two packs of cigarettes but I'm not smoking now. :sick:

It's very frustrating. I wish I never started after the three years.

I'm doing ok. The move is almost done (one more thing to wrap up, I haven't reported my move to my car ins. co. yet, I have no good excuse, um, other than the bazillion other things I had to get done).

I'm been kind of depressed for about five days, kind of sad about things, and then having bad dreams. Smoking probably was part of the reason for the bad dreams (you know, all the carp they put in them) but then I wanted to smoke because I was stressed, it's a vicious cycle, um, not to use a cliche or anything.

The news has been very upsetting, what happened in Norway, and our own, seemingly endless debacle of political, I don't even know what to call it, slime.

Ok, done complaining! I think I should go look at some pretty pictures of jewels. :saint:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Sorry you've been feeling bad! I think it could be related to the cigs. I was really depressed about my second week into it, even with the crutches. What kind of chemical garbage is in these things? I think you should quit just so you aren't a lab rat anymore!

To feel better, I strongly suggest you take a super B complex vitamin with folic acid combo with a separate multi. B vitamins coat the sheathing of your nerves and make you feel less agitated. Also, B's are The multi is necessary to properly process the B's. i think you should try it for 4 days and I'll bet you will feel better. :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results