shape
carat
color
clarity

IGI Webinar John Pollard & Garry Holloway

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This webinar is on Rapaport next week - if you dont want to watch it live - you can register and they will send you the youtube link later:

There is also a discussion on the Lab Grown forum where Karl, who worked with John in the design of the new IGI Light Performance methodology - that can be added to the round brilliant cut grade on an IGI report - on the right hand side of the report - similar to their H&A's images.
I am also told that if there are H&A's images the front view will be the Ideal-Scope image (as with JamesAllen True Hearts).

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
A+
Great job John and Garry!
If you missed it catch it on youtube once it is posted there.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
What a great talk! So nice to “see” you and John.

Thanks for all the info about earring/pendant choices, too. As a relative lay person, I was under the impression that the choices for earrings/pendants were subpar stones. But of course those pieces face differently, and would gather light from a completely different angle than rings. Plus, I didn’t realize that at greater viewing distance, stones of a certain proportion lose contrast - hence a different set of cut parameters for those pieces.

Also, thanks for mentioning the loss of color in fancy colors with the improvement of optical symmetry. There was a recent thread where someone was told that a re-cut would result in a loss of color, and I think most of us were scratching our heads as to why. @jaqjaqjaq, was that you looking to recut a warm stone?

Anyway, huge thanks for that talk!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for all the info about earring/pendant choices, too. As a relative lay person, I was under the impression that the choices for earrings/pendants were subpar stones. But of course those pieces face differently, and would gather light from a completely different angle than rings. Plus, I didn’t realize that at greater viewing distance, stones of a certain proportion lose contrast - hence a different set of cut parameters for those pieces.

Also, thanks for mentioning the loss of color in fancy colors with the improvement of optical symmetry. There was a recent thread where someone was told that a re-cut would result in a loss of color, and I think most of us were scratching our heads as to why. @jaqjaqjaq, was that you looking to recut a warm stone?

Indeed, it was me! =)2

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks 0515 - yes the contrast effect is a result largely of you looking at the diamond.
I want labs to grade color face up as well - that would be a total game changer - especially for fancy cuts!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results