shape
carat
color
clarity

IGI certification for a tanzanite

helphelp911

Rough_Rock
can i trust IGI certificatie for a tanzanite?
This is the online certificate link
https://igi.org/verify.php?r=GT13246805

It said 'Natural Zoisite / Tanzanite' and Heated on the certificate.

Can i trust it? Will it come out as synthetic / irradiated / color-coated glass?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
can i trust IGI certificatie for a tanzanite?
This is the online certificate link
https://igi.org/verify.php?r=GT13246805

It said 'Natural Zoisite / Tanzanite' and Heated on the certificate.

Can i trust it? Will it come out as synthetic / irradiated / color-coated glass?
I never heard of synthetic tanzanite it zoisite. It is commonly simulated by synthetic spinel. If you’re buying from a reputable dealer, you should be okay.

helphelp911

Rough_Rock
I never heard of synthetic tanzanite it zoisite. It is commonly simulated by synthetic spinel. If you’re buying from a reputable dealer, you should be okay.

Thanks. is skyjems a reputable dealer?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only Skygems I could find was a Toronto store. Is that where you’re getting it? Do you have a photo of the gem?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IGI should be acceptable for tanzanite. They’re only subjected to heat, unless they’re very included, then assume some stabilization and/or clarity enhancement. I would only skip IGI for pricey ruby, emerald, sapphire including padparadcha, Paraiba and Alexandrite and diamond. They’re typically too generous with their diamond gradings. Diamond should be graded by GIA, and those colored gems I mentioned should go to AGL, otherwise most well known labs are acceptable for everything else.

ETA: when I look up the report number you provided, nothing comes up on the IGI report verification page.

Last edited:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Maybe im remembering the wrong thing but if not I think @voce has bought gems from SkyGems before! Maybe she can give some insight?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t see the exact stone you’re talking about, just a bunch of tanzanites, but I don’t think a store in Toronto would want to ruin their reputation on selling you a fake tanzanite, as I’m sure Canada has consumer protection laws. They have a fabulous return policy and even make clear that they never sell synthetic stones as natural.

https://skyjems.ca/pages/policy

Did you buy the stone yet?

helphelp911

Rough_Rock
I don’t see the exact stone you’re talking about, just a bunch of tanzanites, but I don’t think a store in Toronto would want to ruin their reputation on selling you a fake tanzanite, as I’m sure Canada has consumer protection laws. They have a fabulous return policy and even make clear that they never sell synthetic stones as natural.

https://skyjems.ca/pages/policy

Did you buy the stone yet?

Hi, not yet.

I just got response from them and they said they have 30 days return no question ask.

Since they are in Canada. and i am in canada too.

I think i will give it a try

Thanks

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, not yet.

I just got response from them and they said they have 30 days return no question ask.

Since they are in Canada. and i am in canada too.

I think i will give it a try

Thanks
I just wanted to point out that many of those stones are windowed, so try to get one without a window.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Maybe im remembering the wrong thing but if not I think @voce has bought gems from SkyGems before! Maybe she can give some insight?
I've only purchased one unheated sapphire from Skyjems, and the report/certificate was GIA. I checked the report I received with the gem online and it was legit. Hope you like your tanzanite!

helphelp911

Rough_Rock
I've only purchased one unheated sapphire from Skyjems, and the report/certificate was GIA. I checked the report I received with the gem online and it was legit. Hope you like your tanzanite!

Thanks, finger cross

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results