shape
carat
color
clarity

IGI certificate does not specify production method - what to do?

memhoo

Rough_Rock
Hello! I am shopping for a LGD stone and have been learning as much as possible about HPHT and CVD and their nuances.

I thought I had found 'The One' (a fancy shape 1.53ct F VVS2) and was so excited :kiss2: However - the IGI certificate does not specify production method or any treatments done post production. There's no comments in the comment section at all! It's not over 2 carats so hard to use the 'general advice' that anything over 2cts is usually HPHT.

I emailed the vendor with some follow up questions e.g. production method, if there's any orange phosphorescence and they have no additional information to share (understandable since it's not listed on the certificate). They don't have the stone on-site at their location to inspect further.

What to do? Do I pass on it completely since there's no info, or take a chance on it and return if needed? The vendor is highly recommended here on Pricescope and I was a little surprised that they don't have the stone in hand at their location.

Please help this newbie to the LGD world out, thanks!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, memhoo!
Can you screenshot and post the section of the grading report that you are speaking about?

memhoo

Rough_Rock
Hello, memhoo!
Can you screenshot and post the section of the grading report that you are speaking about?

Hello @DejaWiz! Was hoping you would help me out =)2

Sure thing, here's a snip of the grading report. There essentially is no comment section after the 'additional grading information' unless I'm totally missing something.

1687871249765.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello @DejaWiz! Was hoping you would help me out =)2

Sure thing, here's a snip of the grading report. There essentially is no comment section after the 'additional grading information' unless I'm totally missing something.

1687871249765.png

That is a bit odd for IGI to omit that from the grading report.

That being said, I'm quite confident that this one is a Type IIa CVD.

memhoo

Rough_Rock
That is a bit odd for IGI to omit that from the grading report.

That being said, I'm quite confident that this one is a Type IIa CVD.
Thank you! Would you please share what you're observing that leads you to believe it is a Type IIa CVD?

I'm also generally curious if this seems like a good quality stone in your opinion. It fits all the specs for an 'excellent' pear as defined by IGI for depth %, table %, etc. from my research.

This little dot seems quite obvious to me in the very close-up video:
1687894791830.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Would you please share what you're observing that leads you to believe it is a Type IIa CVD?

I'm also generally curious if this seems like a good quality stone in your opinion. It fits all the specs for an 'excellent' pear as defined by IGI for depth %, table %, etc. from my research.

This little dot seems quite obvious to me in the very close-up video:
1687894791830.png

I look for signs of growth layering/graining in the facets/surface planes.

Screenshot_20230627-162257-129.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results