shape
carat
color
clarity

IG Seller CeylonSapphireGems Experience

Breir R

Rough_Rock
Hi Breir, welcome to the forum. I’m sorry I can’t help with your question. You should start your own thread so that your question won’t be lost in this other unrelated thread.

I followed your advice and started a new thread. This is a new experience thank you I hope quotes

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
@distracts Are you the kitty cat on IG? I sent someone a recommendation today.

I am so glad it isn't just me. I don't know anyone's name and sound like a moron, oh well someone recommended me but I can't tell you who!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I heard about this guy before and been following him. I actually consider asking him about an untreated pad in June when it is my birthday. I told you I collect untreated blues but a pad would be awesome in summer. I guess I will just tell him the referral came from PS. We follow each other with @missy and some others but no clue what your names are on insta girls.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard about this guy before and been following him. I actually consider asking him about an untreated pad in June when it is my birthday. I told you I collect untreated blues but a pad would be awesome in summer. I guess I will just tell him the referral came from PS. We follow each other with @missy and some others but no clue what your names are on insta girls.

I am always wary of telling vendors about Pricescope if they don’t already know about it for sure. It can cause more problems than it solves if they come here and read honest reviews that aren’t overwhelmingly flattering, even if they’re not negative.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
It’s ok he knows about Pricescope already.

And I’m pretty much 100% sure he is too busy to come on here and start searching for threads about himself.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you want, just tell him Kristen posted pictures. He'll let me know to tell you. I just want you guys to feel good about buying. When I bought my first one from him, I thought, well, I don't even know this person on PS who buys from him. She could be a plant. :lol-2: Yes, thank you- I was paranoid.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's heeeeeere! HIs pictures/videos are all very accurate to its appearance outside (which is where they were taken). Inside it shifts a little bit gray/violet which is what I expected it to do based on other similar sapphires I have seen. I'll probably be sending to GIA next week because I'd like to have that for insurance purposes.

IMG_9803.jpeg

With a couple of other sapphires... couldn't get them all in good lighting at once

IMG_9808.jpeg

turns out I'm terrible at taking pics of sapphires in the sun but I got this one in the shade

IMG_9832.jpg

It's probably going to be a three-stone with these oecs.... I was trying to find something with a facet pattern and high enough crown that they'd go decently together.

IMG_9816.jpg

IMG_9813.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9823.jpg
    IMG_9823.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 53

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's heeeeeere! HIs pictures/videos are all very accurate to its appearance outside (which is where they were taken). Inside it shifts a little bit gray/violet which is what I expected it to do based on other similar sapphires I have seen. I'll probably be sending to GIA next week because I'd like to have that for insurance purposes.

IMG_9803.jpeg

With a couple of other sapphires... couldn't get them all in good lighting at once

IMG_9808.jpeg

turns out I'm terrible at taking pics of sapphires in the sun but I got this one in the shade

IMG_9832.jpg

It's probably going to be a three-stone with these oecs.... I was trying to find something with a facet pattern and high enough crown that they'd go decently together.

IMG_9816.jpg

IMG_9813.jpg
gorgeous stone!
all your blues are gorgeous though.
are those your pendant OECs?
love the idea for a three stone!

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
If a PS-er scooped up the latest 4+ct cushion-ish sapphire he posted, please post pictures! I messaged him about it and was in the middle of getting more pictures when he told me he had a repeat customer ask about it too and he gave first dibs to the repeat customer.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@distracts ohhh, I love the color and shape of your new sapphire and your idea of a three stone sounds perfect. Can’t wait to see it!!!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wowza! It's HUGE and gorgeous! I'm happy you had a good experience. Idk who bought the 4+, but it certainly is stunning! My 3+ ones feel so itty bitty now.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous stone!

yes those are the OECs from the pendant! I was originally thinking about a fussy art deco sort of dinner ring with them but I never got any replies back when I asked for quotes from different people... now we are doing fertility treatments and will hopefully have a baby soon so I'll want something UNfussy... but I thought maybe a HUGE three-stone would be decent compensation for not having pave :lol:. Ginormous but simple is still unfussy, right? :lol: This will officially be the "fertility treatments suck, plan a pretty shiny to distract yourself" ring. The other option for this ring is a yellow gold floraly setting, no diamonds. But big three stone sounds more like me.

Unless I decide to put it in a pendant. My mom is convinced it should be a pendant. And I DO have plans for two more blue sapphire rings eventually (an emerald cut, and a saturated slightly silky cornflower blue set in yellow gold). I don't know how many blue sapphire rings it is really reasonable to have??????

@distracts ohhh, I love the color and shape of your new sapphire and your idea of a three stone sounds perfect. Can’t wait to see it!!!

Thanks!

Wowza! It's HUGE and gorgeous! I'm happy you had a good experience. Idk who bought the 4+, but it certainly is stunning! My 3+ ones feel so itty bitty now.

It's definitely pretty big! And yes the experience was great. Will definitely continue watching his instagram for more, since there are a few other sapphires on my eventual wishlist.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
If a PS-er scooped up the latest 4+ct cushion-ish sapphire he posted, please post pictures! I messaged him about it and was in the middle of getting more pictures when he told me he had a repeat customer ask about it too and he gave first dibs to the repeat customer.

Was that the heated one?

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
I'll ask him. I did tell him to not be "private" but he doesn't want his customers visible to the competition. I don't know why it's an issue. I would think the person with the best gems, prices, and business practice would get the business.

I've noticed it with a lot of East Asian and South Asian sellers. The hate posting prices and going private is very common. I think it's different cultural norms where talking about money is gauche and reserved for only when necessary. Also, secrecy equals exclusivity and prestige.

I just prefer when they post prices for the sheer convenience!

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
gorgeous stone!

Hi, newbie here… What is an OEC?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, newbie here… What is an OEC?

Old European Cut, a style of round diamond cut that was done around 100 or so years ago before round brilliants

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
Old European Cut, a style of round diamond cut that was done around 100 or so years ago before round brilliants

Gotcha! I've always known them as just European cut, but the deafening are old. Thanks for the knowledge.

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Hi all. I am eyeing on a sapphire from CeylonSapphire. I kinda wonder if you will negotiate with them after they quote the price? I am not sure about the practice, because in some countries, the seller will mark up the price for room for negotiations. TIA!

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
Hi all. I am eyeing on a sapphire from CeylonSapphire. I kinda wonder if you will negotiate with them after they quote the price? I am not sure about the practice, because in some countries, the seller will mark up the price for room for negotiations. TIA!

I have asked him if there is room to budge on the price so it's worth a shot if you feel comfortable.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've requested to follow, hopefully he accepts

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
For the PSers who purchased from CeylonSapphireGems before, does the stone take long to arrive?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I received three of my sapphires within about 10 days. This last one I bought has taken longer, but I'm guessing the gem authority that clears them for export is very busy. He wasn't sure when the item would clear for export, and gave me two dates a week apart. All gems have to go through this agency for export.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the PSers who purchased from CeylonSapphireGems before, does the stone take long to arrive?

No - from paying to receipt of the stone for me was 7 days, and there was obviously a weekend in there.

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
After two weeks, my purchase arrived yesterday. It took a bit of time for its arrival but it worths it.

I got this 4.99ct pink sapphire from Ceylon Sapphire Gems. I love the light color and the spark of it. The vendor is very patience and answered all my questions. Like all other said, the vendor photos and videos are very accurate to the actual stone. Here are the vendor photo and some photos I took indoor. Sorry for not having a chance to take some photos with outdoor light.

Vendor photo
46B3928C-ECAC-4763-A81B-608CB4E4B4EC.jpeg

My photos
49F35617-13BD-4569-80EA-40490BC78ABE.jpeg
8247D61F-B8EB-469D-BDCC-2230BB7938D3.jpeg

AA85FA38-500A-4371-ADF1-F3BEE8004EAC.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
After two weeks, my purchase arrived yesterday. It took a bit of time for its arrival but it worths it.

I got this 4.99ct pink sapphire from Ceylon Sapphire Gems. I love the light color and the spark of it. The vendor is very patience and answered all my questions. Like all other said, the vendor photos and videos are very accurate to the actual stone. Here are the vendor photo and some photos I took indoor. Sorry for not having a chance to take some photos with outdoor light.

Vendor photo

My photos

Such a beautiful stone.

Vendor photo

My photos

Wow! The pink looks even more vivid in your photos than the vendor's. That's very promising :kiss2:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @fussykiki on such a beautiful stone! It's lovely and I'm so happy it all went well!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Ok having serious FOMO over these awesome stones. Alas must build bling budget up to something a tad less embarrassing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results