shape
carat
color
clarity

IG Seller CeylonSapphireGems Experience

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know this seller has been mentioned before as a source for some beautiful stones. He has only accepted wire transfers so far, which can cause a ton of concern and hand wringing when conducting business overseas. I took the plunge and bought an unheated 3+ ct blue sapphire, crossing everything that this was a legit seller. It arrived and was gorgeous! It came with a Ceylon Lab cert, but I didn't know if it was worth the paper it was printed on, even though other sellers use that lab. I sent the stone to AGL for a Brief. Meanwhile, seller messages me about an unheated 8+ yellow sapphire, making an irresistible offer. Again, "please be unheated. Please be unheated." I was still a bit nervous given BE in yellows. Was the blue a on-off to entice me to buy treated stones in the future? I just didn't know how it would turn out, but upon arrival I found it was unbelevafreakingly gorgeous! He also showed me a heated pink sapphire that melted my heart because I had previously inquired about one. OK. Now I've sent thousands overseas to a guy who seems really nice with incredible stones. Am I a sucker, or is this legit? How would I recoup my funds if they were junk?

I sent the yellow and pink to GIA because they can test in-house for BE, while AGL can't. The yellow: unheated; pink, heat only and even a bit larger than he said! The pink sapphire is the most gorgeous pink I've seen. I'm in love with it!

Bottom line, CeylonSapphire has been an excellent, honest seller. I just wanted you all to know my experience because we all tend to be wary when it comes to large purchases and watching our money go to some stranger for who-knows-what. I will be buying again from him- definitely. I would sell my soul for another pink that is 5+ cts.

And no, I don't know what I'll do with them, but it will be fabulous!

3dot65Sapphire6.jpeg 8dot12YellowSapphire.jpeg 3dot09PinkSapphire3.jpeg

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow those are delightful! They remind me of candy! Thanks for sharing your experience :)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you mind sharing pricing? I have looked at their gems but never know if they are in or out of my reach and I hate to message people if I’m just going to find out it’s way too expensive.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’ve said this before but I am so in love with that yellow sapphire. I can’t wait to see what you do with it.

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
So pretty!!! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’ve said this before but I am so in love with that yellow sapphire. I can’t wait to see what you do with it.

Also what does BE stand for? I tried to Google it and couldn’t find it.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
~ unbelevafreakingly gorgeous! ~
Yes!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Mreader Be is beryllium treatment. It was prevalent in certain areas, and especially in yellow sapphires. Supposedly some sellers are selling their old stash of treated stones. AGL will say "heated" on a Gem Brief, but that further testing is required to determine other enhancements. They wanted $100 more to send a heated yellow for Be testing because they couldn't perform it in their NYC office. I declined and sent it to GIA, where I knew they could test in-house. I send all yellows and pinks to GIA now just to be safe, heated or not. Blues that are supposed to be unheated I'll send to AGL because it shouldn't be an issue.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@distracts He showed me this beauty and said it was $4350. I wasn't looking for one like it, so I passed. He does have some wiggle room. The yellow was a "repeat customer" discount. I don't have the price handy, but it was way under $4500. You should ask him about yellows. He's always asking me if I know anyone who is interested and that he'll make a good offer. I hesitated to do so until getting the certs.

If they don't post prices, don't worry about asking. I used to not want to be a bother, but shoot, I'm the customer and need the price!

The unheated blue I did buy was unbeatable by my "usual" supplier. I try to compare before committing to buy.
Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 7.00.08 PM.png

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
“He's always asking me if I know anyone who is interested and that he'll make a good offer. I hesitated to do so until getting the certs.”

Good to know! @PinkAndBlueBling I will definitely reach out if I’m in the market. Those yellow beauties really speak to me!

Module

Shiny_Rock
I have a little weird experience following their IG account. They didn't approve the follow request for quite sometime, then was approved, thankful for @PinkAndBlueBling's help, by the end of March, but is denied again a few days ago. I'm wondering if they clean up the followers regularly. Maybe it is because I didn't make any inquiry during the time when I was allowed to follow, or they think I'm not a 'credible' person since my IG account is basically empty without any picture.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'll ask him. I did tell him to not be "private" but he doesn't want his customers visible to the competition. I don't know why it's an issue. I would think the person with the best gems, prices, and business practice would get the business.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve bought a lot from this seller. Also I met him when I went to Sri Lanka last year. He is a stand up honest guy with great stock and very reasonable prices compared to the western market. I really recommend him. Every stone I’ve purchased has checked out exactly as advertised.

He sells spinel and grandidierite too btw!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Idk about OP but I was quoted 2K when I asked about a 4ct unheated yellow.

@distracts He showed me this beauty and said it was $4350. I wasn't looking for one like it, so I passed. He does have some wiggle room. The yellow was a "repeat customer" discount. I don't have the price handy, but it was way under $4500. You should ask him about yellows. He's always asking me if I know anyone who is interested and that he'll make a good offer. I hesitated to do so until getting the certs.

If they don't post prices, don't worry about asking. I used to not want to be a bother, but shoot, I'm the customer and need the price!

The unheated blue I did buy was unbeatable by my "usual" supplier. I try to compare before committing to buy.
Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 7.00.08 PM.png

Thank you so much for this. I am on a hunt for ideally a 3-5 carat cornflower blue sapphire, and here in the US that is... expensive. I have found only one I like and it's $25k and heated. And I had no idea how the prices of the instagram sellers would compare and would not wire $25k to someone in another country without pretty bulletproof recommendations. But if I could find something for considerably less, I'd probably be a lot more fine with wiring money since a potential loss would hurt a lot less, and having good recs of course helps a lot.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I got an unheated 5.15ct blue from him for under USD 8k. It’s got a small feather right in the bottom and is a bottom heavy stone but colour is lovely and it’s completely eye clean. This is a darker colour than my idea of cornflower but a lot of people seem to call this cf.

686E6894-7CD4-478D-B4FB-9497B2F2DB8D.jpeg
69B84B94-A907-4B35-94D3-0C7F100882ED.jpeg

He has a lighter blue unheated cushion on his page right now which is WAY cheaper because the colour is paler. In Sri Lanka the premium is for darker blue stones, you can pick up a lighter colour for a very good price. If it was an oval I’d snap it up.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got an unheated 5.15ct blue from him for under USD 8k. It’s got a small feather right in the bottom and is a bottom heavy stone but colour is lovely and it’s completely eye clean. This is a darker colour than my idea of cornflower but a lot of people seem to call this cf.

686E6894-7CD4-478D-B4FB-9497B2F2DB8D.jpeg
69B84B94-A907-4B35-94D3-0C7F100882ED.jpeg

He has a lighter blue unheated cushion on his page right now which is WAY cheaper because the colour is paler. In Sri Lanka the premium is for darker blue stones, you can pick up a lighter colour for a very good price. If it was an oval I’d snap it up.

This is also really good info, thank you!

I messaged him last night and the gem I messaged about was out of stock, and I asked if he had any similar and he said yes but then I never heard back again? Do I need to ask more directly or just start messaging about more on the instagram page or will it just take him a bit to get back to me with options? I don't want to bother him unnecessarily if he's going to message me in a day or two with options.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@distracts He does that. I think he goes and finds the gem in his stock, takes pics, then gets back to you. If you don't hear back after 2 days max, ask again. He won't mind at all. Actually, I've never had an IG seller seem annoyed by my reminders. They appear to be more patient than other sellers, especially if you're truly interested.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@distracts He does that. I think he goes and finds the gem in his stock, takes pics, then gets back to you. If you don't hear back after 2 days max, ask again. He won't mind at all. Actually, I've never had an IG seller seem annoyed by my reminders. They appear to be more patient than other sellers, especially if you're truly interested.

Thank you! I get so anxious about messaging people. It's really not my preferred way to buy. But it seems that all the deals are on instagram now so I better get used to it.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Girls these are very beautiful sapphires! I collect unheated blues, so good to know his pricing and stones because I will most definitely pick from him next time.
Thanks for the review! Great option to check with him!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
well... I didn't waste any time buying a sapphire from him. The one I am buying is heated and not the ideal cornflower blue that is my dream to have, but I REALLY like the pics, and it looks very, very close to the best contender I had found here in the US (also heated) - that I nearly bought about a week and a half ago! But this is priced much better AND he provided way more pics and video than I could get for the one here. I'll be sending it to AGL or GIA when I get it just to doublecheck and do my due diligence.

@PinkAndBlueBling he asked me who had referred me to him and I didn't know your instagram name so I just sent him pictures of your gems :lol:

Last edited:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@distracts Are you the kitty cat on IG? I sent someone a recommendation today.

Breir R

Rough_Rock
Hello this is Breir. I'm new to the gemstones arena and forum. My great uncle was a rockhound and left me several rough uncut examples of Ruby Sapphire. Where can I potentially get these Stones certified in the Atlanta area and possibly find a buyer?

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Hello this is Breir. I'm new to the gemstones arena and forum. My great uncle was a rockhound and left me several rough uncut examples of Ruby Sapphire. Where can I potentially get these Stones certified in the Atlanta area and possibly find a buyer?

Hi Breir, welcome to the forum. I’m sorry I can’t help with your question. You should start your own thread so that your question won’t be lost in this other unrelated thread.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results