shape
carat
color
clarity

If You Were Me? OEC Earrings? Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Okie so I scored a great deal on a .60 OEC diamond. (5.4mm)
36.gif
But now what to do? I thought is a Rhr... then a neclace... and i already have an everyday oec neclace.. and i have some stackies that i like to wear on my Right Hand..

sssssssssssssssssoooooo I thought-- okie what iff I could find a mate to my cute .60 OEC and make some Dangle lever back earrings??
31.gif

okie well finding a mate for an OEc could be hard...... But I was in Miami a few weeks back and --long story short--- someone had an exact match--- but sadly/// it was $1400.00
40.gif
-a little out of my range right now. It was great butt I only paid around $200.00 for my .60oec.
fast foward to this week---- i randomly went into a pawn shop--and they had a .60 Tran cut! ha-rah! I know it''s not an exact match... but it performs the same
36.gif
(chunky facets) and color is very close... and when set as the lever back earrings --my face will be in between. the mm is an exact match. So the only way you could tell the cut was a little diff is if you grabbed my head and happened to have a loop on you and started to inspect the stones (Gosh--i hope that would never happen--eek!)
So ....... this stone is not that bad a price? $500 and this would let me do installments
2.gif
----->1.20tcw earrings!!

SO-- what would you do?????? should i go for it??? eeeek... should i wait to find another OEC ........?

thanks for looking!
35.gif

Here are a few pics of my stone

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

oecs12.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

oecs13.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
the last 2 pics are of my stone
1.gif

I don''t have a pic of the Tran from the store.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been waiting to see what you do with this project!
I know the earrings will turn out lovely! CAN''T WAIT TO SEE PICS!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I would mail ME your OEC
11.gif
Seriously though they would make GREAT dangly earrings. If the trans. cut matches well enough I would go for it! Keep us updated!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, that sounds like the deal of the century! Can''t wait to see finished pics!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a great deal!! I''ve spent ages and around the same amount of money trying to build a pair .66 ctw OEC earrings.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks sounds like a great deal. Go for it! They will be stunning!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 2:29:15 PM
Author: Addy
That''s a great deal!! I''ve spent ages and around the same amount of money trying to build a pair .66 ctw OEC earrings.

hi Addy,
Did you end up making your earrings? I looked around and couldn''t find a thread on them. I saw your thread on your little stash of old cut stones
31.gif
Very NICE! did you have any plans for those yet?
I have yet to post all my project stones
1.gif
I have a few small ones and by bigger one the .60
1.gif
.... I sooo want to go buy that other stone... but i should wait until next week.
28.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2008 1:06:57 AM
Author: blinkydoll
Date: 2/20/2008 2:29:15 PM

hi Addy,

Did you end up making your earrings? I looked around and couldn''t find a thread on them. I saw your thread on your little stash of old cut stones
31.gif
Very NICE! did you have any plans for those yet?

I have yet to post all my project stones
1.gif
I have a few small ones and by bigger one the .60
1.gif
.... I sooo want to go buy that other stone... but i should wait until next week.
28.gif

My stones are at Wink''s trying to get matched up right now. I''m hoping hoping hoping that they are a close enough match to make it since I went through so many stones looking for the perfect match.

You should post your project stones! Those are the best kind of stones - so many ideas to explore.

You *should* wait until next week or you *are waiting* until next week? Big difference
2.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock

ooh! what size stones is he trying to match?
36.gif

I will try to post a thread on my stones this weekend. I still have a bunch to resize
28.gif
where should i post my stones thread? ?

I have to wait untill next week--to go see the guy ab getting that stone-- bec i work right near his shop... and my work is an hour away from where i live.
OH!! but i found the exact setting i want to put the stones in fr earrings! they are very short lever back earrings that move---have the dangle!-- they have a very thin bezel on them ---i think they will loook great--i can''t wait!!!
I hope you get a match to your stones! and I can''t wait to see your pics!
36.gif
good luck

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh Blinkydoll, do it ASAP and FTLOG post lots of pictures!!!!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
here is a little teaser pic of one of my other project stones
31.gif

oecs56.jpg

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
AACKKK!!!! I would totally do it!

As my jeweler said, there will be a head (he was then corrected politely by his assistant who instead said that there will be a beautiful face
face23.gif
) in between the 2 stones anyway so slightly differing sizes (heck, even color!) at that point wont matter much.

Cant wait to see what you decide and how it turns out!!!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the push everyone
1.gif

I hope that diamond is still there--- i will be going this week--- i am going to try to bargain
31.gif

I know how i want to have them set though!! I tried these on---- they are soooooooooo niceeeeeeee

they just the bottom one dangles and moves.. the top one is fixed on the lever back. I think they would be great for everyday wear.. and for fancy.
these had .50 on the top stone and 1ct for the bottom dangle for a grand total of 2.50cts
30.gif

mine will be round and have .60 each on bottom. I am still trying to figure out what to do for the top one for each? or not have a top one?

favearringsettingsssss.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''d look better with a top one and if that''s what you''ve looked at then you might be disappointed with just the one stone on each earring. Theirs were half then, right? I''m confused, if they were 1/2 carat on the top and 1 carat on the bottom then the total weight would be 3 carats rather than 2.5 carats.

Whatever the case, I like the idea of roughly half of the weight on the top so .25-.3 each on top and your .6 each on the bottoms.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
ooops your right they were 3cttw

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
7.gif
bad news.. I went back--and it was gone
8.gif
He sold it to a dealer. So now... I have to keep searching
15.gif

I really didn''t think it would go anywhere-- its such a small messy shop. He has something else i was looking at but it is a ring with 2 .35''s and a bunch of tiny ones..... i was thinking ab it=----would make quick studs and leftover stones for my necklace. I just don''t know what to do?
32.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve discovered that with older cuts and myself I just have to close my eyes and do it. If I don''t I always end up regretting it.

I will have .66 ctw earrings so maybe I''m biased, but I think that''s a fair size (at least I hope it is). I think that considering your necklace and your attempt at earrings you should get the .35s if they look good. You''ll find something to do with them.

What I''m trying to do is .33 carat on top and then (eventually) start looking for bottom stones so I''d have earrings like you posted but no leverbacks. The other stones would have a loop on top that could be slipped over the back of the .33s if that makes sense. Would you consider something like this? Or just set the .35s at studs now and reset them later into dangles if you want?

And, uh, if you take too long I just may hunt down the store and buy the .35s myself
2.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 3:14:35 PM
I''ve discovered that with older cuts and myself I just have to close my eyes and do it. If I don''t I always end up regretting it.

I will have .66 ctw earrings so maybe I''m biased, but I think that''s a fair size (at least I hope it is). I think that considering your necklace and your attempt at earrings you should get the .35s if they look good. You''ll find something to do with them.

What I''m trying to do is .33 carat on top and then (eventually) start looking for bottom stones so I''d have earrings like you posted but no leverbacks. The other stones would have a loop on top that could be slipped over the back of the .33s if that makes sense. Would you consider something like this? Or just set the .35s at studs now and reset them later into dangles if you want?

And, uh, if you take too long I just may hunt down the store and buy the .35s myself
2.gif

Are you doing kinda a jacket style where the other hanging stone will be detachable for a diff look? Thats what I was trying to do with my yellow pears in the other thread.
That would be soo pretty! are you doing prongs? or bezel?
I don''t want to give up the search fr the .60--- bec they will look sooo pretty.
I should have jumped at it... i was with the FI when i went t see the stone the first time-- and he doesn''t really know good deals and diamond prices... and he said-- thats allot of $$.. and i listened to him
40.gif
... but I reallly wanted to just go for it.

how are your earrings coming along? I think .66 is a perfect size. (Our fav number is 6... so thats why i was excited ab getting anther .60.... and then doing .60 totals on top----I have a thing for 6s)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, that''s what I was trying to say, detachable!

I couldn''t decide on the look I wanted. I liked 4 prong but only some 4 prongs and bezels were more than I wanted to spend so I finally decided on the martini prongs. I picked them mostly because DH liked that look and I was worrying too much and changing my mind every two seconds. I decided I''ve rather have it decided for me than have an internal debate daily.

Are you only looking for your matching OEC in the local shops or have you considered online vendors? I know SingleStone and OWD both do loose stones. You could search through their inventory. I think the .60s on bottom with another .60 total on top would be a great look! That''s not too big for daytime wear and still flashy enough for evening.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 4:01:41 PM
Yeah, that''s what I was trying to say, detachable!

I couldn''t decide on the look I wanted. I liked 4 prong but only some 4 prongs and bezels were more than I wanted to spend so I finally decided on the martini prongs. I picked them mostly because DH liked that look and I was worrying too much and changing my mind every two seconds. I decided I''ve rather have it decided for me than have an internal debate daily.

Are you only looking for your matching OEC in the local shops or have you considered online vendors? I know SingleStone and OWD both do loose stones. You could search through their inventory. I think the .60s on bottom with another .60 total on top would be a great look! That''s not too big for daytime wear and still flashy enough for evening.
3 prong martinis are great-- I love that look. You won''t regret it. are they still being made? Do you know when will you get them?
I did actually meet Ari from singlestone when I was in Miami-- and he was the one that matched my stone in like 1 min or less---but.. it was way out of my budget $1400.00 His stuff is sooo beautiful though
30.gif

Yup-- I have looked OWD-- I didn''t see anything in my price range. but they had some really nice stones.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s too bad! I really do hope that you find another .60, the one you posted (and all your stones on the other thread) is beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results