shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were going to change jobs/careers, what would it be..

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
Re: If you were going to change jobs/careers, what would it

i think i would (or maybe someday will...?) have become an awesome...

POLICE DETECTIVE!

i'm currently a high school social studies teacher.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

I already did a career change. I used to make pastries and all kinds of amazing delicacies.

Now I do a myriad of things involving Social Security Disability law.

I really don't plan on doing this forever.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock

packrat|1319591660|3047623 said:
If I could I would just go to school part time forever. Learn about all the things I'm interested in.

Packrat, I think I'd do this too! Perhaps doing my current job (lecturing and research) part time and learning new cool things on the side :bigsmile:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love my job, but if I were born in this country and started anew, I'd learn ancient Greek and Latin, study a lot, and become a professor of ancient history at a university. In my wildest dreams I see myself as a historian working at Berkeley (please, do not laugh). Everyone has a dream.

And more realistically, if I did not have to relocate to Seattle, I'd accept a proposal of my professor to work in research for at least a year. She just got a grant to study the prevalence of autism in different populations. Or I'd try to get into stem cell research.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock

My dream job is stunt skier. You know, the guys that make offbeat movies for ski fashion brands, go heliskiing all the time to shoot and do ridiculous stunts.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

My dream job would be to be a singer/entertainer :rodent:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ha. What I've been saying for many years: Ever notice that the things that make a living (even a good one) are generally boring as hell?

How many people said when they were children, "Mommy! I want to grow up to be an accountant! No! Wait! Not an accountant, a middle manager!!"

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would want to work in the jewelry business, but not as a salesperson.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A police officer. It runs in my family, and I have always wanted to be a chick with a gun. Of course, this is only in my head, I am sure reality would be a whole lot different.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock

pre-kids I was a performer. In my perfect world I'd go back to it. ain't gonna happen though.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock

I think I would be a physical therapist and run my own practice! I had to go to physical therapy for Mommy's Thumb (for carrying around my baby too much) and LOVED it! The office was full of people sitting around doing hand exercises, chatting, laughing... It was such a sunny warm place where people went to get stronger. I really looked forward to going there and even miss the staff! They billed my insurance an insane amount and I knooooow it didn't cost thousands of dollars to have me move paperclips from one rod to another for an hour. The "custom" splits were cheap-o plastic sheeting that was fitted to my wrists that my insurance paid a grand for, and I think that was for each splint. Most of the time was spent chatting while I did hand exercises. They really helped me, though. Sometimes I think of going back to school to do it once the kiddos are in school. I think I'd enjoy it!

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock

I help someone run their small business, and while I love and appreciate SO much about what I do, I have always wanted to teach. I have a Master's in Anthropology so I may take a stab at part time college professor OR go back to school to teach elementary school. My real dream is to have positive impact on someone's life.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results