shape
carat
color
clarity

If you see a quarter on the sidewalk would you pick it up?

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
My father, who owned a Mobil gas station back in the 70s, used to superglue a quarter to the floor right outside the door to the office. The daily entertainment came from watching and laughing at people trying to pry that quarter off the ground, and boy did they! :twisted2:

And yes, I pick up ALL money I find discarded, I'm not prejudiced to denomination.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My daughter's bf saw a $10 bill on the restroom floor inside a restaurant. He didn't pick it up b/c he said it was probably dirty,:o then he came out and told a waitress that there was a $10 bill on the floor. she went inside and pick it up.
i used to walk between work and the railway station via the waterfront
once i saw $20 in the water between the walkway and the park
it was high tide and looked a bit deep and id be going on the train wet
i stood and looked at it for ages woundering what to do and if it was like a candid camera type thing

and yes im a firm beleaver in see a penny pick it up even though we havn't had pennies in my life time
i must confess i can't help myself from picking marbles out of the gutter (i wash them) been doing it since i was a kid:twisted2:
i have a huge bag of marbles

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My father, who owned a Mobil gas station back in the 70s, used to superglue a quarter to the floor right outside the door to the office. The daily entertainment came from watching and laughing at people trying to pry that quarter off the ground, and boy did they! :twisted2:

And yes, I pick up ALL money I find discarded, I'm not prejudiced to denomination.

Hahaha yes same here. Though I admit I usually say to my dh honey please pick that up. Let him do the dirty work after all he is the boy. :lol:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, even pennies. "See a penny and pick it up. All day long you'll have good luck.'' Apparently superstition was ingrained in me from a very early age, because I know all of them.:P2

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing smaller than a quarter... I leave smaller denominations for kids to find. ;)2

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I do.
I also pick up diamond rings, watches, gems, etc. Found a few

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yup

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, I'd pick it up. But I'd be more interested if it was a penny. I collect old wheat pennies.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

A gas station around here has coins glued to their countertop, by the cash register. :)

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
During my running days, I kept an old baby food jar of all my 'found' change...sort of fun to see it accumulate. But yes, will pick up any change, any glittery item etc. @doberman - I also collect old wheat pennies!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

For sure. There was a $100 bill on the ground a few weeks ago and I snapped it up! (I looked for owners...but no one was around)

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

For sure. There was a $100 bill on the ground a few weeks ago and I snapped it up! (I looked for owners...but no one was around)

cheers--Sharon
Canadian or US dollar ? :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
During my running days, I kept an old baby food jar of all my 'found' change...sort of fun to see it accumulate. But yes, will pick up any change, any glittery item etc. @doberman - I also collect old wheat pennies!

haha another one here who (used to) collect wheat pennies. Hmm wonder what I did with that big jar of wheat pennies come to think of it...:think:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results