shape
carat
color
clarity

If you only have $2500 for an E-ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Do you know the finger size?

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Great suggestions all around! You guys rock!

Swinggirl, yeah I know her finger size : 5.75

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 1:15:58 PM
Author: coatimundi

Dover Jewelry also has a few rings in your range.
Sorry DiamondFlame, hijack your thread for a bit...

Wow Coatimundi, I never thought "vintage" till i saw the link you posted... and am especially blown away by this... http://www.doverjewelry.com/catalog/engagement_rings/antique_style_deco_platinum_ruby_diamond_engagement_ring.html

You really opened up my eyes with this link... not to mention a whole new spectrum of ideas... thank you so much...
21.gif

ok, end of hijack... back to you DiamondFlame..
3.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
If you shop for vintage/antique make sure you know the difference between antique (old) and antique-style (new based on an old design). An antique ring with it''s original stone in it can look just like a new setting with a new or old-cut stone. You should know the difference so you''ll know when you are getting a real antique piece of jewelry vs. a reproduction.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I vote for a Trillion!
31.gif
27.gif
12.gif

They are not very vintage though... however unique! Step cut trills are MESMORIZNG!!!

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Blast, I share your sentiments. Some of the links posted by experienced members really open my eyes. Gorgeous one-of-a kind rings!

Trillionaire, I don't know the first thing abt Trillion cuts. But something about them just remind me to much of Superman's logo.
So no go.. hehe.

Gypsy, those are gorgeous RBs but as I explained earlier, we're not interested in RBs.
21.gif
But this antique piece is giving me second thoughts: http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=2069 Over the top, eh? But gorgeous!

Swingirl, you raised a good point. But how do you determine if a ring is a genuine or a replica?
Akmiss, I think you might have hit the jackpot with those rings!
36.gif
I especially love the asscher! They are a little over budget but I might be able to stretch it a little. I'm going to do some serious ring comparisons...

Once again, thank you to everyone who has contributed. This is fun!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Confirm with the buyer, of course. But the clue in the working. Antique-STYLE means it is a reproduction. A real antique's description usually will specify the year or era the piece is from.

Here is another to look at. Vintage .40ct

Vintage .35ct

"Vintage" means less than the official 100 years.
"Antique" means 100 years or close to.
"Vintage style" is a reproduction.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That assher ring is really pretty and there are lots of cool wedding bands to go with it when the time is right!
(offer them $2500 - maybe they''ll take it)

(I also liked the one with the pink sapphires in it but I wish it was a whiter stone
7.gif
)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 10:57:56 AM
Author: DiamondFlame
Gypsy, those are gorgeous RBs but as I explained earlier, we''re not interested in RBs.
21.gif
But this antique piece is giving me second thoughts: http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=2069 Over the top, eh? But gorgeous!

DiamondFlame, that one is actually an Old European Cut, which is a bit different from the typical modern round brilliant, and definitely more vintage looking. Sure, the shape is round, but the cut is quite a bit different and certainly not over-popular. Might be a really nice option for you.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 10:57:56 AM
Author: DiamondFlame
Blast, I share your sentiments. Some of the links posted by experienced members really open my eyes. Gorgeous one-of-a kind rings!

Trillionaire, I don''t know the first thing abt Trillion cuts. But something about them just remind me to much of Superman''s logo.
So no go.. hehe.

Gypsy, those are gorgeous RBs but as I explained earlier, we''re not interested in RBs.
21.gif

Swingirl, you raised a good point. But how do you determine if a ring is a genuine or a replica?
Akmiss, I think you might have hit the jackpot with those rings!
36.gif
I especially love the asscher! They are a little over budget but I might be able to stretch it a little. I''m going to do some serious ring comparisons...

Once again, thank you to everyone who has contributed. This is fun!
Yes, it is fun! I love the fact that you are going for something different but I would also consider an old euro cut round. The Asscher is a fantastic look but faces up rather small compared to other shapes
2.gif
would you consider letting your girlfeiend in on the process? It may make all the difference in the end. Good Luck and keep us updated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results