shape
carat
color
clarity

If you missed Mariah Carey''s Ring Pop, PICS

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Pocadot and I were chatting about bubblegum rings, and Mariah Carey''s ring pop came up and I thought it would be fun for us all to dish on it.

Attached is the original candy version which inspired this thing.

ringpopcandy.jpeg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Here's the ring, apparently made for her by her hubbie (don't you hate it when the DH doesn't consult with you on a jewelry purchase?)

It's studded with pink sapphires. I think it's pretty awful . . .
23.gif

Also, if they really wanted to stick to the concept, he should have had someone custom cut a big amethyst or some other stone in the shape of the candy. Would have weighed a ton though.

I couldn't find how much this bit of ugly cost, but I suspect it's a lot . . .
6.gif

Apparently they renew their vows every year, (full white dress and all, I would think that would get tiring!) and this was this year's anniversary ring.

EWWWWW!

mariahring.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, iLander. I did miss that ring before. I can''t say that I missed much, however.
14.gif
11.gif
9.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Looks more like a baby''s pacifier to me.....
23.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
That''s... really pretty hideous. It looks like it would make a serious weapon though.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something tells me those sapphires are diffused too. I bet even celebrities get duped all the time on treatments, and are easily taken advantage of.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 9:36:06 AM
Author: cellentani
23.gif
or a sex toy.....i can''t decide which.

mz

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 9:36:06 AM
Author: cellentani
23.gif
Ditto. pacifier was the first thing come to my mind when I saw this ring...

pocadot

Rough_Rock
iLander, thanks so much for posting this! I unsuccesfully tried google searching it last night after our discussion. That is a good thing to show my jeweler as to what my ring should NOT look like. Thankfully, that thing is not what I had in mind at all! I want one solid gem to represent the candy part of the ring.

It really is hideous, don't you think? Like the opposite of eye candy. More like eye poison...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will say what some wont; the thing is ugly.

I've seen this thing some months ago. I go to another board where alot of the participants just love Mimi.

I do believe her husband also bought her a car for her birthday (its a pink and black hotassmess.)

-A

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Let me get this straight. She has a 2.5 mil engagement ring that has a 17 carat pink diamond and she would rather wear a ring pop? Especially that ring pop? Besides, getting married is a pain, why would you want to do again every year? And why would a high end jeweler agree to have his name attached to something like this? The universe is filled with mysteries.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Ugh.. what a waste of money.
14.gif

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
WARNING: Weight-est comment coming:

I saw a recent pic of ol Mariah last week, her weight problem is back so I''m voting with the peanut gallery who think it looks like a pacifier!!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Yup, I think the concept behind the ring pop was that is was supposed to be a play on the pacifier for older kids. Lame, I know. An oddly successful candy novelty, but an unfortunate choice for a real ring. I agree with everyone; it looks like it was hit with an ugly stick.

And seriously, she does the whole white dress thing every stinkin year. Ugh. Once was plenty for me.

Here''s the punch line: I couldn''t find the jeweler''s name anywhere! If it was a good piece, I think there would be so much publicity, we''d all have it memorized by now.

I didn''t know about her pink diamond E ring! OMG! I love pink diamonds, they''ll be my first stop after I cash in my winning lottery ticket! Anybody I have a pic? I couldn''t find one up close.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh. Nasty.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 8:06:08 PM
Author: iLander

Yup, I think the concept behind the ring pop was that is was supposed to be a play on the pacifier for older kids. Lame, I know. An oddly successful candy novelty, but an unfortunate choice for a real ring. I agree with everyone; it looks like it was hit with an ugly stick.

And seriously, she does the whole white dress thing every stinkin year. Ugh. Once was plenty for me.

Here''s the punch line: I couldn''t find the jeweler''s name anywhere! If it was a good piece, I think there would be so much publicity, we''d all have it memorized by now.

I didn''t know about her pink diamond E ring! OMG! I love pink diamonds, they''ll be my first stop after I cash in my winning lottery ticket! Anybody I have a pic? I couldn''t find one up close.
Ask and you will receive.

slide7-mariagh.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Brazen!

But . . . that's . . . it? That's not what I pictured at all! For that much money the center diamond isn't even pink?!!
23.gif

Wow! TL is right, celebrities are totally taken advantage of.

I was thinking something like this puppy from Ishay. Here's the specs: http://www.fancycolordiamond.net/search/fancy_colored_diamond_details.cfm?id=6104PP (BTW: anybody ever buy anything from them?)

One day, after that stupid store clerk finally hands me the right lottery ticket, I'm going to go shopping for one of these.
30.gif

Maybe two . . .

OH! I had an idea!
36.gif
I DARE somebody to call and find out how much this puppy is! We'll start a new thread! Here's the number: 1.800.411.0951

I'm not doing it, i'm just the designated troublemaker. . . and if anybody asks, I have no knowledge of the caller. . . never seen you before in my life. . .

i6104PP.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
This pop/paci ring needs to be added to my favorite thread:

Unique and Unusual

I laughed so hard when I first saw that thread!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the center even a pink diamond???? I’d rather have what iLander posted.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2010 8:06:14 AM
Author: Chrono

Yes, she supposedly has a faint pink diamond there. I know Ben Affleck bought Jennifer Lopez a fancy light pink diamond from Harry Winston several years back when they were a couple. It was six carats and 1.2 million dollars, but you could see the subtle pink. She has been a collector of large colored diamonds ever since. I think she has much better taste in jewels than Ms Carey.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2010 9:59:29 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Yes, she supposedly has a faint pink diamond there. I know Ben Affleck bought Jennifer Lopez a fancy light pink diamond from Harry Winston several years back when they were a couple. It was six carats and 1.2 million dollars, but you could see the subtle pink. She has been a collector of large colored diamonds ever since. I think she has much better taste in jewels than Ms Carey.
Mimi is well known for not having good taste TL
2.gif

-A

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
So is this pacifier ring hollow? Is it cleverly hinged to open up like flower petals revealing perhaps a stone worth having secretively set inside? Or at least a pill box?

agatha.nl

Shiny_Rock
in the same bad taste as giving her the same (design) e-ring that he got his former fiance (that victoria''s secret model)
40.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
This ring is just wrong
14.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. That is such an unattractive piece of jewelry.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I called about the BEAUTIFUL pink diamondiLander posted, and it is 1.6mil. Actually alot less then I expected, and SOOOOOO much prettier (and cheaper) then Mariah's!

The salesman said it can also be made into a pendant. I will be picking that one up as a xmas gift to myself this year! LOL

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2010 9:59:29 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

And a very good taste in men...Ben Affleck is a darling, despite his problems (he is also #5 poker player in the world!). And Marc Anthony has a certain charm as well..

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 8:26:05 AM
Author: iLander
Here''s the ring, apparently made for her by her hubbie (don''t you hate it when the DH doesn''t consult with you on a jewelry purchase?)

It''s studded with pink sapphires. I think it''s pretty awful . . .
23.gif

Also, if they really wanted to stick to the concept, he should have had someone custom cut a big amethyst or some other stone in the shape of the candy. Would have weighed a ton though.

I couldn''t find how much this bit of ugly cost, but I suspect it''s a lot . . .
6.gif

Apparently they renew their vows every year, (full white dress and all, I would think that would get tiring!) and this was this year''s anniversary ring.

EWWWWW!

It looks like a binky.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is kind of vulgar for a man to give a woman something to suck on that she can display in public.

Sorry, but there it is.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe he got sick and tired of her singing?

Or is she the type of a woman that needs to be pacified? Even in public?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results