shape
carat
color
clarity

If you have or think you might have Covid: Supplements to take

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for this, @whitewave - really helpful! I hope you're feeling better, too. ox

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, I feel better and haven’t had fever for 2 days. I have had like 99.3 to 99.7 but docs don’t really consider that fever.

I had most of this on hand, but had to order the quercetin.

Thank you for the list @whitewave

Sending you healing dust. Feel better soon.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, I feel better and haven’t had fever for 2 days. I have had like 99.3 to 99.7 but docs don’t really consider that fever.

I had most of this on hand, but had to order the quercetin.

Can you tell me what brand you used for the quercetin? Or all of it, for that matter. I'm flying out to LA on Saturday and would like to start taking this stuff now.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you tell me what brand you used for the quercetin? Or all of it, for that matter. I'm flying out to LA on Saturday and would like to start taking this stuff now.

I ordered from amazon, because I sent DH to the other house this weekend and there is likely no way I’m going to find it where I live.

It’s “amazing formulas” quercetin 500mg 120 capsules $16.00

Nutricost zinc picolinate 50 mg $24.95

Now supplements, vitamin C with rose hips. $14

I like my supplements expensive lol

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quercetin:

Vitamin C

Zinc: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07735XF2K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave thanks for sharing. Just to add a couple of points.

Try to get your blood levels tested before supplementing with certain supplements. For example Vitamin D is a hormone and it is fat soluble so you do not excrete it. I would aim for 60-60 ng/ml and before you supplement you should check the levels. For every 1000 D you can expect to increase your blood levels by abut 10. But this is a rule of thumb and a generalization and YMMV. Always check and after supplementing recheck 3 months in to make sure you are in the safe range.

Also, If one is dealing with an autoimmune disease be careful of Melatonin. Be sure to do your research before taking this if you do have any AI conditions.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Try to get your blood levels tested before supplementing with certain supplements. For example Vitamin D is a hormone and it is fat soluble so you do not excrete it. I would aim for 60-60 ng/ml and before you supplement you should check the levels. For every 1000 D you can expect to increase your blood levels by abut 10. But this is a rule of thumb and a generalization and YMMV. Always check and after supplementing recheck 3 months in to make sure you are in the safe range.

Also, If one is dealing with an autoimmune disease be careful of Melatonin. Be sure to do your research before taking this if you do have any AI conditions.

Yes, thank you. I meant to put a disclaimer. My vitamin D is always low— every test it’s low.

Last sunny day, I laid Nekkid on the sun lounger on my stomach to get sun on a lot of skin since that is the fastest way to up your levels.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take care @whitewave. I hope you get through this quickly.

What is the melatonin for? Is it to help with sleep? I haven't heard of using it for any other reason.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I meant one should aim for blood levels of 60-80 (just a generalization) ng/ml.

What is the melatonin for? Is it to help with sleep? I haven't heard of using it for any other reason.

@lyra
FYI

I don’t think there’s valid evidence for melatonin use in Covid but perhaps time will prove differently.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It has something to do with possibly fighting the virus

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I meant one should aim for blood levels of 60-80 (just a generalization) ng/ml.

@lyra
FYI

I don’t think there’s valid evidence for melatonin use in Covid but perhaps time will prove differently.

I don’t know where the doc got this from, but since he is on the front lines, there must be at least one study about it. But IDK

Edit: found one

“Melatonin, a well-known anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative molecule, is protective against ALI/ARDS caused by viral and other pathogens. Melatonin is effective in critical care patients by reducing vessel permeability, anxiety, sedation use, and improving sleeping quality, which might also be beneficial for better clinical outcomes for COVID-19 patients. Notably, melatonin has a high safety profile.”

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve heard that melatonin is safe. But (cause there is always a but) your body recognizes when you take it and if you take it for more than a few months your body starts cutting back on its melatonin production so you should never take it for more than two months. Anyone have any insight / advice?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last sunny day, I laid Nekkid on the sun lounger on my stomach to get sun on a lot of skin since that is the fastest way to up your levels.

That is the only way to sunbathe and swim :D

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting this. I hope you feel better soon.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave, have you been diagnosed with COVID? I surely hope not!

I was exposed by a friend who didn’t know she had it. My friend put eye drops in my eyes (so our faces were right there) and we had a drink in her kitchen and then we socially distanced on her couch where she sneezed a quick cant catch it sneeze. She hugged me when I left.

That was last Saturday. She took her kids for rapid testing on last Monday for camp and they asked her if she wanted to test while she was there and she figured why not. They were negative; she was positive. She texted me first thing and I texted back, “tell me you are shutting me.” And she replied that she wished she was and she was sorry. (Seriously, not her fault).

She developed symptoms over the week, all mild, and I started with mild symptoms on I guess Thursday night/Friday.

I went and got tested today with the state. If I have it, it’s mild. I’ve had up to 100.1 fever, which some docs don’t consider to be fever, and temps in the 99s. Usually either 99.7 or 99.3. Mild neck ache. Nasal congestion and a pounding headache for one day.

My friend from the magazine cover isn’t convinced I have it. He said people will still get sinus infections, etc.

So testing here is free and easy and they want people to go test, so I went today. The national guard is handling it. I had to swab myself in both nostrils and I’ll get the results in 3-5 days online.

Btw, it’s www.doineedacovid19test.com as they have many states listed.

In my state, anyone who wants a test, gets a test because we are in a surge again.

It’s mild. If it is covid, I lucked out and got the mild strain.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just want to point out that we didn’t wear masks. It was just the two of us and neither of us was sick, so we decided we didn’t need to wear them.

:wall:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just want to point out that we didn’t wear masks. It was just the two of us and neither of us was sick, so we decided we didn’t need to wear them.

:wall:

Get well soon
and your friend too
i good lesson to the rest of us
Take care

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just one comment. It's good to know what your baseline levels are for both your temperature and blood ox levels ahead of time. The most recent thinking is that the 98.6 average body temperature is from almost 100 years ago and many people run cooler than that now. Turns out I'm one of them and my average reading over several days was 97.5 so a 99 or 100 temperature would be a fever for me. And my baseline blood ox level is 95-96 not 100 so a 94 reading wouldn't send me to the ER. When I had what I think was Covid-19 in March, my blood ox levels went down to 90-91 which is sort of the equivalent droppage, and the symptoms were mainly increasing chest tightness but no shortness of breath.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just one comment. It's good to know what your baseline levels are for both your temperature and blood ox levels ahead of time. The most recent thinking is that the 98.6 average body temperature is from almost 100 years ago and many people run cooler than that now. Turns out I'm one of them and my average reading over several days was 97.5 so a 99 or 100 temperature would be a fever for me. And my baseline blood ox level is 95-96 not 100 so a 94 reading wouldn't send me to the ER. When I had what I think was Covid-19 in March, my blood ox levels went down to 90-91 which is sort of the equivalent droppage, and the symptoms were mainly increasing chest tightness but no shortness of breath.

Oh it’s so true. I run cool so even 98.9 would be a high temp for me. I’ve been thinking about that.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was exposed by a friend who didn’t know she had it. My friend put eye drops in my eyes (so our faces were right there) and we had a drink in her kitchen and then we socially distanced on her couch where she sneezed a quick cant catch it sneeze. She hugged me when I left.

That was last Saturday. She took her kids for rapid testing on last Monday for camp and they asked her if she wanted to test while she was there and she figured why not. They were negative; she was positive. She texted me first thing and I texted back, “tell me you are shutting me.” And she replied that she wished she was and she was sorry. (Seriously, not her fault).

She developed symptoms over the week, all mild, and I started with mild symptoms on I guess Thursday night/Friday.

I went and got tested today with the state. If I have it, it’s mild. I’ve had up to 100.1 fever, which some docs don’t consider to be fever, and temps in the 99s. Usually either 99.7 or 99.3. Mild neck ache. Nasal congestion and a pounding headache for one day.

My friend from the magazine cover isn’t convinced I have it. He said people will still get sinus infections, etc.

So testing here is free and easy and they want people to go test, so I went today. The national guard is handling it. I had to swab myself in both nostrils and I’ll get the results in 3-5 days online.

Btw, it’s www.doineedacovid19test.com as they have many states listed.

In my state, anyone who wants a test, gets a test because we are in a surge again.

It’s mild. If it is covid, I lucked out and got the mild strain.

Wow! I hope your test comes back negative anyway but at least your symptoms are mild - whatever it is! Take care - I will surely be thinking of you!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results