shape
carat
color
clarity

If you have more than one child, what are temperments?

Do your children have similar personalities or opposite?

• Depends on the parents..

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • First was a breeze, 2nd was the opposite!

• I have more than 2 and it''s a mixed bag

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
If you have more than one child, are their temperments the same or completely opposite? Curious based on a trend of what I hear people saying (ie one is easy, and one more "animated")

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the second but it also depends on the year, my first DD breeze until about 15-18months, then ok again at age two for about 6 monhts, now things she likes, she hates, and are picky and doesn''t listen very well, My second DD its a little more of challenge, more needy than my first but she''s only 10 months, they have different eating habits too, it seems to change with every season on both...lol so if one seems a bit easy, the other one seems more of a challenge and vice versa
37.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I didn't vote because I didn't see an option for me. I thought my first was easy until I had my second who is an absolute dreamboat. But like D&T said, they go through phases so it's hard to say if they will remain as they are now. Their temperaments are different and they are both amazing but #1 is much more high maintenance than #2. Again, it could just be passing phases or it could have something to do with birth order.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine are both totally different! In the scheme of things they are both easy babies but one is certainly fussier than the other. And their personalities are COMPLETELY different.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My kids have always been night and day, darkness and light. They are grown now, 19 and 22, and people never guess that they are sisters. They don''t even look alike at all (and yes, they have the same father).
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine are grown, 21 and 19. They are more alike now. But when they were little different as night and day. DD (21) easy breezy. DS (19) was a tough cookie. But he was on lots of meds for asthma. It made him so hyper, so I attribute a lot of that to the meds. He''s very driven like his sister, and is a lot of fun.
They didn''t get along growing up, but now?? They are best of friends. THank goodness.
5.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my two daughters have a completely opposite personalities.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My vote: the first was (and still is) a breeze, the second. . .well, is more work! Combining them together, and it's chaos.
32.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I have 3 kids and so far their tempers are basically the same. It was like having the same child 3 times except #3 is a boy and only 10 mo...so we''ll see how he is later on.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I have two. The first is more like me. Things affect her. She isn''t what I would call moody, but she reacts to things more easilly. My other daughter is more like my husband and she is extremely energetic but she is also happier. She can be pretty stubborn and determined at times.

I think the interesting thing (on a sidenote is) my first daugher looks like me and ACTS like me. My second daughter LOOKS like DH and acts like him. I find that fascinating from a purely genetic standpoint.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
London was easy, especially compared to Trapper. His pregnancy was a lot harder on me than London''s. He''s just all around more high maintenance. His stubbornness I feel, should be studied. I don''t know if it''s b/c there''s such an age difference between them, or it''s b/c one''s a girl and one''s a boy, or b/c I drank a lot of frappuccino when I was pg w/him or what. I can very honestly say, that if London had been this way, or we''d had Trapper first, I don''t know that we would''ve had another baby. He just does not handle things the way she did/does.

Mom says my brother and I were both easy, but he was a lot easier than I. I''m older. Even still to this day, my brother is the nicest, most easy going guy and everyone loves him. I''m a bit more neurotic.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two, ages 6 and 4 1/2. They're similar in that they're both shy and slow to warm, but other than that, they are VERY different. DS (the 6 year old) is sweet, affectionate, very sensitive, and a people-pleaser. DD is bossy, stubborn, very headstrong, moody, and prone to holding grudges/acting out. DS is a worrier and can get overly anxious. DD rarely gets anxious...she's generally more confident. They are both terrific kids, but I've always had a harder time keeping my patience with my daughter. They both showed signs of their personalities very early on, even as infants.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
LOVE and adore both of our kids (both now grown), but I will say that our firstborn (son) was "difficult" from day #1... came out screaming and kept it up for a couple of years! Colic, sleeplessness, teething, terrible two's... terrible 3's... adolesence... he hit all those markers, and with bells on!!! Definitely kept me and DH on our toes. Our daughter (nine years later!) was easy breezy... she never fussed, only cried when she had a reason, and pretty much glided through puberty and adolesence with nary a blip. Quite a blessing, because by then, believe me -- WE WERE TIRED!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

If we'd have had HER first, we might have cranked out 3 or 4 kids (or more). Having him first scared the CRAP out of us
2.gif
, and took us 9 years to get brave enough to try THAT again! haha!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Savannah and Gray are like competely opposite. He''s very high maintenance and she''s fine just sitting and playng by herself. I literally have to hold Gray most of the time or he will cry.

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 1:14:11 PM
Author: KristyDarling
I have two, ages 6 and 4 1/2. They''re similar in that they''re both shy and slow to warm, but other than that, they are VERY different. DS (the 6 year old) is sweet, affectionate, very sensitive, and a people-pleaser. DD is bossy, stubborn, very headstrong, moody, and prone to holding grudges/acting out. DS is a worrier and can get overly anxious. DD rarely gets anxious...she''s generally more confident. They are both terrific kids, but I''ve always had a harder time keeping my patience with my daughter. They both showed signs of their personalities very early on, even as infants.

This pretty much describes my two kids. Grace will be 5 in December and Evangeline will be 3 in November. Evey is very sensitive, affectionate, empathetic, and more of an introvert. She has her meltdown moments and she can get easily agitated and annoyed by something. She can be easy. Grace, on the other hand, is an extrovert, very, bossy, bubbly, stubborn, and acts like a drama queen.

They have very different personalities. Evey is like her dad. Quiet and talkative when she wants to be. Very loving and sweet. She''s not very girlie. Grace is more like me when I was little. Very, very girlie, outgoing and bossy. Both test my nerves sometimes. Grace is a daddy''s girl completely and she favors him more than me. Grace is definitely the one that tries my patience.

Now, as babies, it was the complete opposite. I struggled with Evey. She was not an easy baby at all. Grace was a pretty easy baby.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have 5 children....

Tom is 19. He is extremely moody. Selfish and lazy with no common sense.

Ash is 16. She is mature, helpful, sensible and very easy to be around.

Lucia is 13. She struggles with social situations... doesn''t read signals very well. Wants to help but usually ends up being somewhat annoying.. bless her.

Sam is 11. He is vague, argumentative and very funny.

James is 4. He can''t speak properly, has massive problems communicating and has autistic behaviours.

Camille

Shiny_Rock
I''d say they complement each other
31.gif

One is a poet, advanced in everything but sports, mild, helpful and quite responsable.
My second one it''s our funny torment, average student, too social at times and sports fanatic.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 boys, they are 11 years apart (I know what was I thinking) anyways, my oldest son who is 23 is the spitting image of his father, however his mannerisam and personality is like mine, my husband is very mechanically inclided, our oldest is not, our youngest who is 12 looks just like me and he acts like his father and he is very mechanically inclided, it is very strange how different our boys our!!!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I have three boys ages 10, 9, and 3. The 10 and 3 years old are both stubborn, aggressive, athletic, and very confidant( somewhat a pain in the rear
20.gif
) The middle one more artistic, quiet, sensitive, and shy but super easy to get along with and please. Poor kid gets it from both his brothers. I guess it is hard being in the middle.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 7:59:54 PM
Author: Lynn B
LOVE and adore both of our kids (both now grown), but I will say that our firstborn (son) was ''difficult'' from day #1... came out screaming and kept it up for a couple of years! Colic, sleeplessness, teething, terrible two''s... terrible 3''s... adolesence... he hit all those markers, and with bells on!!! Definitely kept me and DH on our toes. Our daughter (nine years later!) was easy breezy... she never fussed, only cried when she had a reason, and pretty much glided through puberty and adolesence with nary a blip. Quite a blessing, because by then, believe me -- WE WERE TIRED!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

If we''d have had HER first, we might have cranked out 3 or 4 kids (or more). Having him first scared the CRAP out of us
2.gif
, and took us 9 years to get brave enough to try THAT again! haha!
lol Lynn, that is too funny! I akin my boys to birth control. No one wants to have kids after spending the day with the boys
2.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I like reading about all the differences in your kiddie''s temperments. It interests me as i mentally prepare myself to try for kid # 2 in the very near future. My DH is vastly, vastly different than both his siblings so i really do believe in the temperment thing.

I have an easy-breezy first child. He eats just about anything, practically puts himself to sleep and since birth has only really cried if something was obviously bothering him. He''s social, cheery and adaptable. My family jokes that *this* kind of child is what nature gives you to ensure you have more and more! So, based on this theory I am assuming i won''t be so lucky the second time around
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a TOUGH first born. She is stubborn, sassy, bossy and difficult to control. Hopefully if and when I have a #2 (s)he IS the opposite! Not sure how I can handle two difficult kids.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results