shape
carat
color
clarity

If you had to pick, which would it be?

Would you like Door #1...OR Door #2....

• Door #1 2CT, VS2, D=72, T=65, G=tk-vtk, Sym=VG, Pol=EX (7.01x6.92x4.98) $13,446

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I am probably getting stale with the radiant talk
snore.gif
, but hey, I'm one track minded, and I am not afraid to admit it...so please bear with me....

Oh, I forgot the Door #1 Radiant is an F VS2

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I made an oopsie... Diamond 2 is priced at $13,115; Also any opinions on the two stones would be a HUGE help. My personal preference is that I like squarish stones

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm tough call!! Do you have IdealScope images for either stone? Or pictures of the stones?

I don't know that I would decide on a radiant just based on the numbers.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second is not all that square, the first has a very thick girdle I am not crazy about. Both are rather deep. If these would be the only two on Earth, #1 "sounds" better. It will not be all that esy to find VG symmetry in a peer...

Did you take a look at these? At least in picture? The rads are diverse enough (the cut is not standardized) to get very different looks.

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
Honestly I don't like either of them. Granted fancies are harder to judge, but you don't have much info on them and they both don't score well with the cut analysis with the info you do have. Gem Appraisers

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Chris, that little chart program is helpful! I have been charting my "viable" stones on a spreadsheet, and manually comparing their numbers to the AGA chart...I have found NOT 1 stone consistantly above 2B. All the measurements hit 2B or 3B, 2A to 3b, or 1B...*UGH!*

Rand_alThor

Rough_Rock
I agree, charting it manually using excel is a pain. Anyone know how to get the crown angles on a stone? Would the jewlers have this information or is an analysis required to get it?

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
You need to get the crown angle from the jeweler. You, can also mathematically approximate using crown height and table width. With pavilion angles, you also need to know what the cutlet is.

Dave Atlas's charts are helpful tool, that's one reason why I'm having my new diamond appraised there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results