shape
carat
color
clarity

If you had 15K to purchase bling what would you buy?

What would you purchase with 15K?

• 1. The biggest best diamond I could get...please explain in your post as to details

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • 2. The biggest best non diamond gem I could get...please explain in your post

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 3. A finished right hand ring...details in post

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • 4. An upgrade to my ER...details in post

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • 5. Diamond studs...details in post

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • 6. Pendant or necklace...details in post

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 7. Bracelet...details in post

• 8. Watch...details in post

• 9. Brooch...details in post

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10. Fill in the blank...details in post

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Upgrading my current 2.14ct FVVS2 MRB to as big as budget allows (plus own USD5k) :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgrading my current 2.14ct FVVS2 MRB to as big as budget allows (plus own USD5k) :)

Haha I love the way PSers are thinking and adding their own money. I wish I could give everyone as much as they need for bling (and animal rescue too but I digress).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd upgrade my 3.05 F VS2 ACA.

I'm so creative....

:roll:

I don't think you can do better than your current collection. It is TDF gorgeous. All of it. Your taste exquisite.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are my people!! I'm very new to fine jewelry, and im loving this thread! That marquise eternity is a bit spectacular.

Hi and welcome to PS! May you enjoy all the blingtastic pieces here and may you share your amazbling pieces too. Most of all hope you love being here and amongst your fellow bling lovers. :appl:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah during Covid 19 I am not sure I am keen to attend any shows where there might be too many people. Next year or 2022 for sure. I hope we will be pandemic free by 2022.

Off on a tangent I wish you could all come and live here for the duration
We are now covid free again after we got control of our 2nd wave that only effected the Auckland region
Every one from that last cluster is now recovered and we have had no community transmission for about 2 weeks

The boarder issues seem sorted out- like the whole world we are learning on the job and kind of making it up as we go along
But we don't need to social distance right now - although our neighbourhod supernarket still prefers it as they have narrow isles
And ﹰMacdonalds are serving coffee in real cups again

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Off on a tangent I wish you could all come and live here for the duration
We are now covid free again after we got control of our 2nd wave that only effected the Auckland region
Every one from that last cluster is now recovered and we have had no community transmission for about 2 weeks

The boarder issues seem sorted out- like the whole world we are learning on the job and kind of making it up as we go along
But we don't need to social distance right now - although our neighbourhod supernarket still prefers it as they have narrow isles
And ﹰMacdonalds are serving coffee in real cups again

I am so happy for you and all your loved ones @Daisys and Diamonds!!!

Safety and well being and good health are priceless and worth more than any (no matter how yummy) piece of bling or collection. Period.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so happy for you and all your loved ones @Daisys and Diamonds!!!

Safety and well being and good health are priceless and worth more than any (no matter how yummy) piece of bling or collection. Period.

thank you dear Missy
your family remain in my thoughts and prayers - and your entire country durring this awful awful time

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
15K is 10xs more than my engagement ring cost! It's an incredible amount of money and considering my job and lifestyle it's not something I'd feel comfortable wearing daily. It's easy enough to spend, but I think wearing what I buy would be the problem. Let's spend it anyway!

Can I buy 3 pieces?
4 ctw emerald cut eternity ring. At IDJ that's about 5,600$
As close to 2 ctw I could get for matching oecs. At JBG that's about 6,000$ but I'd design settings so maybe 7,000$
Chunky 3-4mm wide band to wear with the emerald cut eternity ring. Maybe another 1,000$ depending on what it is.
With the leftover money I'd buy a good weight gold chain with an adjustable length because I don't have one.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
15K is 10xs more than my engagement ring cost! It's an incredible amount of money and considering my job and lifestyle it's not something I'd feel comfortable wearing daily. It's easy enough to spend, but I think wearing what I buy would be the problem. Let's spend it anyway!

Can I buy 3 pieces?
4 ctw emerald cut eternity ring. At IDJ that's about 5,600$
As close to 2 ctw I could get for matching oecs. At JBG that's about 6,000$ but I'd design settings so maybe 7,000$
Chunky 3-4mm wide band to wear with the emerald cut eternity ring. Maybe another 1,000$ depending on what it is.
With the leftover money I'd buy a good weight gold chain with an adjustable length because I don't have one.

When you put it that way it does seem like a good amount of money for bling. It's all about perspective. I love your list.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A girl's gotta daydream right? And bling is always a nice dream to have and it can come true! I hope your necklace dream does come true @Snowdrop13!

Me too, and it doesn’t even cost the full $15k so actually I’d be saving money :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
If I had to spend it all in one place: a nice fat OEC in an all gold Casablanca halo

1B2C0103-6CA3-4F00-A7D2-CABF4E58EB6B.jpeg

If I were to split it up: a custom signet from Kim Dunham, a marquise eternity band, and a Cartier love bracelet, or ring, or both.

5456EBA7-0A4B-4A6A-B434-0E7CA78B104A.jpeg 1270FCB3-6525-4392-933B-CB20ABB4D90D.jpeg E6F530E8-7562-4574-9532-4A042369A846.jpeg

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Tennis bracelet- I feel like that’s such a classic piece and I would get lots of long-term wear out of a good quality one.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This is my thinking too...but with OEC studs. Maybe Lab OECs. I am still mulling it over.

I seriously wish I could buy my much smaller (I’m shooting for 1-1.5tcw) lab OEC studs ahead of you so you had a thorough review in your hands!

it’ll be a while now, unfortunately. If a purchase is $3k or less I am far more willing to take a risk - although it’s a lot of cash, it won’t devastate me

I will be watching intently if you take the plunge!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would purchase antique dangling earrings with nice clear diamonds! Earrings, I could wear day and night too!

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
A 1-1.5 fancy yellow pear diamond pendant. I would ask Victor Canera to do the pave setting in fancy yellow diamonds.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok ok
my secrete dream is a hair orniment/ statement piece
maybe it could be done for US $15k
hopefully two agapanthas
one in silver with dismonds - lab ok -not huge diamonds, small but not melee - sparkly to the max
then gold and saphires
the size of real agapanthus- the big ones that grow wild on the side of the road here
not too long stalks but long enough so when i wore it at the back of my head one of the agapanthus could be seen at the front
maybe lab saphires?
its mainly about the flower being represented in the silver/ gold - the stones are just a sparkly accent
i could get a local jewlery student to make it
maybe just gold plated - maybe just both flowers in silver ?

i love agapanthus
i want them for my wedding flower so Gary always does car oil changes on the agapanthus :x2
at mum's funeral we had roses for people to place on the coffin but i got the florist to get me a couple of agapanthus - so mum would know it was me ! mum didn't really love agapanthas
agapanthus-winter-care.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seriously wish I could buy my much smaller (I’m shooting for 1-1.5tcw) lab OEC studs ahead of you so you had a thorough review in your hands!

it’ll be a while now, unfortunately. If a purchase is $3k or less I am far more willing to take a risk - although it’s a lot of cash, it won’t devastate me

I will be watching intently if you take the plunge!

Aww you are so sweet! IDK what I am doing at the moment. I just donated more to one of our local animal rescues and so I am a bit behind the $$$ curve right now. It was worth it though.They were in a dire situation and needed it more than I do. However, if the right opportunity presents itself you lovely people here will be among the first to know.:halo:

This just gives me more time to find something I will cherish and adore and wear.

@Cerulean I cannot wait for you to find just the right OEC studs for yourself.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok ok
my secrete dream is a hair orniment/ statement piece
maybe it could be done for US $15k
hopefully two agapanthas
one in silver with dismonds - lab ok -not huge diamonds, small but not melee - sparkly to the max
then gold and saphires
the size of real agapanthus- the big ones that grow wild on the side of the road here
not too long stalks but long enough so when i wore it at the back of my head one of the agapanthus could be seen at the front
maybe lab saphires?
its mainly about the flower being represented in the silver/ gold - the stones are just a sparkly accent
i could get a local jewlery student to make it
maybe just gold plated - maybe just both flowers in silver ?

i love agapanthus
i want them for my wedding flower so Gary always does car oil changes on the agapanthus :x2
at mum's funeral we had roses for people to place on the coffin but i got the florist to get me a couple of agapanthus - so mum would know it was me ! mum didn't really love agapanthas
agapanthus-winter-care.jpg

Wow, so pretty @Daisys and Diamonds! Nature's gems. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 1-1.5 fancy yellow pear diamond pendant. I would ask Victor Canera to do the pave setting in fancy yellow diamonds.

That will be breathtaking. Like wearing sunshine on your neck. And VC is a true genius who creates masterpieces. I hope you can make your fancy yellow pear dreams come true.:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would purchase antique dangling earrings with nice clear diamonds! Earrings, I could wear day and night too!

Gorgeous. I am a bit of a dangle earring girl myself and you cannot go wrong with the above purchase. Have you checked out Lang Antiques? It's where I got one of my favorite antique dangle earrings. They have so many beautiful pieces.:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would buy 15 $1k things :lol:

15 different coloured lab stone solitaires!

Haha that would be lovely! Would you set them all into solitaires? Colorful-licious indeed.:bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tennis bracelet- I feel like that’s such a classic piece and I would get lots of long-term wear out of a good quality one.

A classic piece that would look beautiful on your wrist. I am sure. Hope you can realize this dream.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had to spend it all in one place: a nice fat OEC in an all gold Casablanca halo

1B2C0103-6CA3-4F00-A7D2-CABF4E58EB6B.jpeg

If I were to split it up: a custom signet from Kim Dunham, a marquise eternity band, and a Cartier love bracelet, or ring, or both.

5456EBA7-0A4B-4A6A-B434-0E7CA78B104A.jpeg 1270FCB3-6525-4392-933B-CB20ABB4D90D.jpeg E6F530E8-7562-4574-9532-4A042369A846.jpeg

Oh my, that is incredible. Have you checked out @diamondseeker2006 's CVB ring for sale? It is gorgeous and it's a great price too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results