shape
carat
color
clarity

If you had 15K to purchase bling what would you buy?

What would you purchase with 15K?

• 1. The biggest best diamond I could get...please explain in your post as to details

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • 2. The biggest best non diamond gem I could get...please explain in your post

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 3. A finished right hand ring...details in post

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • 4. An upgrade to my ER...details in post

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • 5. Diamond studs...details in post

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • 6. Pendant or necklace...details in post

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 7. Bracelet...details in post

• 8. Watch...details in post

• 9. Brooch...details in post

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10. Fill in the blank...details in post

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So there's a few threads on PS giving us 100K or a limitless budget with which to make an imaginary purchase .

I find it much more challenging with less money. Let's say for the purposes of this thread you have 15K just to spend on bling.
You cannot spend it on anything but bling.
Be it diamonds or a finished piece of jewelry or any other gem.

What would you buy and why?
Photos appreciated and that is why I posted in SMTB.

calvinandhobbesbuyinggifts.gif

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I would get a beautiful pair of Lab Grown approx. 4ctw. Diamond studs (D-E Color VS2-Si1 Clarity) from a wholesaler (would cost me about 12k). With the remaining 3k I would have them recut into super ideals by South West Diamond Cutters.

Unfortunatley I don't have any photos to share!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get a beautiful pair of Lab Grown approx. 4ctw. Diamond studs (D-E Color VS2-Si1 Clarity) from a wholesaler (would cost me about 12k). With the remaining 3k I would have them recut into super ideals by South West Diamond Cutters.

That sounds yummy. That quote is pretty sweet too because I have received quotes for 4ctw lab diamond studs and they are over 15K without the setting. May I ask who from who you received the quote for the 4 ctw studs? Thanks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are just a hair over budget but not in a setting.

2.04 OEC D and E color VS2/SI1

2.04ctw_old_european_cut_diamond_pair_gia_d_vs2_gia_e_si1_4.jpg

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock

Ah! So beautiful! And 1 ct per ear would be my dream size, too! And if I finally would just quit to constantly spend money for small little wonderful pieces I find in the internet and can't resist buying, I would even be able to save up and afford them at one point.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah! So beautiful! And 1 ct per ear would be my dream size, too! And if I finally would just quit to constantly spend money for small little wonderful pieces I find in the internet and can't resist buying, I would even be able to save up and afford them at one point.

I know right? I try not thinking about all the bling I own that I do not (currently) wear. I know (for me) I go through phases where I stop wearing things and then I start again. So I hope that all my pieces that are going unworn for now will be worn and adored once again.

But yeah, if I do the math I could have easily afforded D color VS clarity big OEC studs. The ones I shared above are gorgeous but too small for me. Around 6.1mm IIRC. It's a nice size yes but I am a size ho. 8)

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I know right? I try not thinking about all the bling I own that I do not (currently) wear. I know (for me) I go through phases where I stop wearing things and then I start again. So I hope that all my pieces that are going unworn for now will be worn and adored once again.

But yeah, if I do the math I could have easily afforded D color VS clarity big OEC studs. The ones I shared above are gorgeous but too small for me. Around 6.1mm IIRC. It's a nice size yes but I am a size ho. 8)

You're right. I've got quite a few pieces I hardly ever wear - but enjoy looking at at home. And then it sometimes occurs to me that I could have them reset into something I wear. I spend quite some money on the "hobby". Old cut studs that size (and also MRB that size) are not yet in my collection but have been on the bucket list forever. For my small earlobes I'd love the size. One day, one day... I have seen some lovely ones at Jewels by Grace but being based in Europe I hesitate with a purchase since I'm afraid taxes would be enormous.

I love spending imaginary money :D

As usual I will approach this question by first removing the options that I’m not considering and then addressing the ones that I would consider:

- No to: diamond (15k will frankly not get me the diamond of my dreams since I am the biggest size ho to have existed), diamond studs (already have my dream pair), daily RHR (I have the stone for my daily RHR already), don’t have ER to upgrade, while I would love a tennis bracelet or eternity bangle I want a really huge one that will likely set me back more than 15k, and I don’t wear brooches.

- Possible options from your list: coloured stone ring (I’ve been hankering for a really big emerald and diamond ring and have a rough design in mind), daily diamond solitaire pendant (I would want something in the 1-2ct size max so that should be doable in 15k, but pendants aren’t my priority), or watch (but the issue there is that my watches of choice are either below or above that 15k limit - currently I want either the large Tank solo which is like 4K, or the new VCA PG guilloche sweet Alhambra bracelet watch, which is like 22k).

So now that I’ve exposited endlessly.... I think that, unless I can supplement my 15k limit with 7k of my own to buy the beautiful new VCA watch, I would go with either the coloured stone ring or a REALLY BIG BLINGY eternity ring since I could get a whopper in 15k!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm this is a hard one. I've got an upgrade ER on the way so don't think I'd spend my 15k budget on that.

Lol there's nothing to say that I can't spend it on multiple items.

I already have a pair of drop huggie earrings that I love and can't wear studs.

I could get a Riviera necklace but don't think I'll wear it much. Bracelets aren't that much different either so I think I'll go with a luxury watch like a MOP Rolex lol. I'll definitely get my PPW there.

Alternatively I'd like a nice solid trombone link necklace which is say 2k. I'd do an edwardian/art deco diamond line bracelet for say 4k. I'd reset my ER into a CVB setting for 5k. I'll probably spend the leftover 4k on some mmd probably one of Alex's antique asschers or emerald cuts. Did I get my maths right? Lol. P.s I'm assuming this is USD which I'm totally loving cause that's about 23k AUD haha

Last edited:

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock

These are so beautiful! I could stare at them probably all day if I had the time (:
I really wanted to get behind the whole mmd pricing and how lots of people say they will go down so much more in price. So I signed up to a wholesaler websites, where they show you their inventory with videos, certs and prices. Which is great as I love to pour over diamond videos. Alex Park said he could source a set of specific stones for me, from that wholesaler, that I chose and I don’t think his fee would have been more than an additional 1k. But I didn’t add in the setting for this calculation.
I’m not comfortable sharing the wholesaler. But if you would like to I can contact you privately and give you the name.
Here is just an example I circled the price for this diamond. It doesn’t have ideal specs so I would have it recut. But with it being D color and the clarity shows no problems in the 360 video, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy such a mmd.
52C32459-5FFB-490C-82BA-D867694106F4.jpeg

But this is a project in two-three years (: I will be patient until then.

What would you get with the 15k? (:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are so beautiful! I could stare at them probably all day if I had the time (:
I really wanted to get behind the whole mmd pricing and how lots of people say they will go down so much more in price. So I signed up to a wholesaler websites, where they show you their inventory with videos, certs and prices. Which is great as I love to pour over diamond videos. Alex Park said he could source a set of specific stones for me, from that wholesaler, that I chose and I don’t think his fee would have been more than an additional 1k. But I didn’t add in the setting for this calculation.
I’m not comfortable sharing the wholesaler. But if you would like to I can contact you privately and give you the name.
Here is just an example I circled the price for this diamond. It doesn’t have ideal specs so I would have it recut. But with it being D color and the clarity shows no problems in the 360 video, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy such a mmd.
52C32459-5FFB-490C-82BA-D867694106F4.jpeg

But this is a project in two-three years (: I will be patient until then.

What would you get with the 15k? (:

I don’t know lol. I think I want OEC studs but I want at least 8mm so that makes it higher than my budget due to my desire for high color and clarity OECs for this project.

Thanks for sharing the above. I agree that color clarity combo is amazing. I’m not ready to make a decision yet but I appreciate you being willing to share with me.

I hope your dream OEC studs become a reality whenever you’re ready. ❤

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love spending imaginary money :D

As usual I will approach this question by first removing the options that I’m not considering and then addressing the ones that I would consider:

- No to: diamond (15k will frankly not get me the diamond of my dreams since I am the biggest size ho to have existed), diamond studs (already have my dream pair), daily RHR (I have the stone for my daily RHR already), don’t have ER to upgrade, while I would love a tennis bracelet or eternity bangle I want a really huge one that will likely set me back more than 15k, and I don’t wear brooches.

- Possible options from your list: coloured stone ring (I’ve been hankering for a really big emerald and diamond ring and have a rough design in mind), daily diamond solitaire pendant (I would want something in the 1-2ct size max so that should be doable in 15k, but pendants aren’t my priority), or watch (but the issue there is that my watches of choice are either below or above that 15k limit - currently I want either the large Tank solo which is like 4K, or the new VCA PG guilloche sweet Alhambra bracelet watch, which is like 22k).

So now that I’ve exposited endlessly.... I think that, unless I can supplement my 15k limit with 7k of my own to buy the beautiful new VCA watch, I would go with either the coloured stone ring or a REALLY BIG BLINGY eternity ring since I could get a whopper in 15k!

Haha you go girl. ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm this is a hard one. I've got an upgrade ER on the way so don't think I'd spend my 15k budget on that.

Lol there's nothing to say that I can't spend it on multiple items.

I already have a pair of drop huggie earrings that I love and can't wear studs.

I could get a Riviera necklace but don't think I'll wear it much. Bracelets aren't that much different either so I think I'll go with a luxury watch like a MOP Rolex lol. I'll definitely get my PPW there.

Alternatively I'd like a nice solid trombone link necklace which is say 2k. I'd do an edwardian/art deco diamond line bracelet for say 4k. I'd reset my ER into a CVB setting for 5k. I'll probably spend the leftover 4k on some mmd probably one of Alex's antique asschers or emerald cuts. Did I get my maths right? Lol. P.s I'm assuming this is USD which I'm totally loving cause that's about 23k AUD haha

I think that works!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Im lucky in that I already have the OEC studs of my dreams and pretty much all diamond ‘essentials’ I’ve ever wanted. I voted bracelet because bracelets are my favorite jewellery. I’d like to split the money and get a thin diamond riviera necklace and a sapphire and diamond tennis bracelet. Please see the picture attached. I think it looks good with the diamond tennis bracelet I already own. BE4BD7B5-B9DD-45A5-BA77-33911D4E8FED.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im lucky in that I already have the OEC studs of my dreams and pretty much all diamond ‘essentials’ I’ve ever wanted. I voted bracelet because bracelets are my favorite jewellery. I’d like to split the money and get a thin diamond riviera necklace and a sapphire and diamond tennis bracelet. Please see the picture attached. I think it looks good with the diamond tennis bracelet I already own. BE4BD7B5-B9DD-45A5-BA77-33911D4E8FED.jpeg

Stunning ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve voted bracelet, I’d love a beautiful Art Deco diamond bracelet. Failing that, maybe some OEC studs, not too big, maybe 6mm each.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve voted bracelet, I’d love a beautiful Art Deco diamond bracelet. Failing that, maybe some OEC studs, not too big, maybe 6mm each.

Grace has some gorgeous studs to choose from...not that I’m enabling or anything :halo:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: @missy, we’re talking hypothetical money. Honestly I really don’t need any more jewellery.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: @missy, we’re talking hypothetical money. Honestly I really don’t need any more jewellery.

Hahahaha I hear you. :lol: But I’m trying to quiet that inner voice telling me the same! :halo:
What fun is that? :evil2:
:cheeky:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted go change my ering, although financially for £15k it wouldn't really be an upgrade, as that's around where my pear cut sits.

I would buy my dream Tiffany round, pre-loved for this budget, around 1.3 - 1.5 ct, classic knife edge platinum solitaire, with a lower colour & clarity. I wouldn't scrimp on cut though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted go change my ering, although financially I don't think i would be better off for £15k.

I would buy my dream Tiffany round, pre-loved for this budget, around 1.3 - 1.5 ct, classic knife edge platinum solitaire, with a lower colour & clarity. I wouldn't scrimp on cut though.

Your ER is one of my favorites. Looks so lovely on you. But I get the desire for change. ❤️

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ER is one of my favorites. Looks so lovely on you. But I get the desire for change. ❤

I often wonder if I have coveted the Tiffany for SO many years, that what if I was disappointed with it if I actually bought it?? And would i regret selling my pear to fund it? It's all a bit pie in the sky anyway, as Mr T wouldn't let me sell it. If I won the Lottery, however................ :Up_to_something:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would add that to my budget at the beginning of the year and get a better upgrade....an F :bigsmile:

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

Ugh these are my dream diamonds for studs! high color and all! :kiss2: if anything...a hair too big, but i guess i would never need an upgrade, right?

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I would get an ACA or CBI diamond tennis bracelet! Frankly, my next single diamond purchase will be more than $15000 so I picked another piece on my bling wish list!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
it would be a toss up - beautiful high color OEC studs...OR

my dream setting for my glorious, vivid blue but sleepy oval sapphire. i want a calibrated french cut diamond halo target ring for my RHR! basically something this, but reversed - and obviously sapphire, not emerald.

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 9.03.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 9.03.15 AM.png

and....I would want a french cut diamond eternity. id prefer a true antique...but worse case, i would go to yoram if i had enough left over after my setting :dance:

....or I would get this delicious one from VC because i think it has the most perfect proportions! are both over budget? maybe! back up plan - DK for both :lol:

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/bands/french-cut-eternity-band

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 9.08.12 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results