shape
carat
color
clarity

If you ever wondered what LOGR single cuts look like....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I thought I would try an LOGR setting with single cuts. I liked the simplicity of this setting, and expecially the donut with the diamonds on the side. The original setting was for a 7x9mm stone, and you cannot upgrade single cuts - if you do, you will get full cuts.

LOGR single cut.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I customized the basket for an 8x10mm stone, and asked for 18k 2-tone - YG basket, WG shank. You can see the diamonds are not so great...
7.gif

IMG_3767.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Side profile.

IMG_3768.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
The intended recipient, a 7.7x10mm tourmaline by Barry. Sorry for all the noise in the pic - low light.

IMG_3824.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
just not the flash I would expect. I louped them and they truly are single cuts, but most of them are pretty cloudy.

LOGR single4.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Cellantani. It’s a pity the single cuts look dull and cloudy. I have single cut melees in 2 antique settings and they’ve making me itch for more.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I'm also interested in knowing what people think of the color combo. I went with a YG basket because the pink tourm has some orange flashes that I love. But I'm not sure I'm loving it.

You can also see here that the setting doesn't fit Barry's deep supernova oval.

IMG_3801.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
This gives you a better sense of perspective.

IMG_3822.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry that you are unhappy with the stones. But it is VERY nice of you to share this with us.

IMO the first few photos in this thread make the diamonds look bad, kind of grey looking. The ring looks much better in the photos of it on your hand. Maybe the improvement I''m seeing is with the lighting?

I also am not thrilled with that stone in the two tone setting...but I''m a bad jewelry designer so I don''t have any ideas for you. Of course you could rhodium plate the whole thing!?
6.gif

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Stone Hunter -- the first two box shots of the band by itself were sort of depressing, but the hand shots look not so bad.

From the pics, I sort of DO like the yellow gold prongs against that stone, but obviously pictures aren''t always as accurate to us as your real life. My guess, though, would be that you''d want to send it back anyway for the depth issue?

Overall, though, I really do like that top view -- that dainty band really plays up a "WOW" size factor for the stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess is that the depth and high crown of the supernova doesn’t quite fit. Are you up to having LOGR modify the setting to fit your stone (give all dimensions including depth)?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
your stone looks awesome! Love the color, I also love the yellow gold head, looks very pretty with the gem color. I know what you mean about the single cuts, I have two rings from him that are single cut. they are ok, for the price paid though. I really like that setting for your oval.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the yellow gold, I''d go so far as to say I prefer it - and I like the way the ring looks from the top and I love the cut of the stone, but you''re right... the 3 parts don''t harmonize as much as they could. All 3 individually are quite nice.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 11:50:18 AM
Author: D&T
your stone looks awesome! Love the color, I also love the yellow gold head, looks very pretty with the gem color. I know what you mean about the single cuts, I have two rings from him that are single cut. they are ok, for the price paid though. I really like that setting for your oval.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Big Ditto! I like to two tone, especially with the lovely pink of your oval. It''s beautiful!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone, but the diamonds are meh aren''t they? I also am not a big fan of the two tone in this case, I think perhaps because the shank has diamonds... not sure. I think I would go all WG.

Will you return the setting?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
This setting link says it has H VS single cut diamonds...has anyone ever specifically asked LOGR for VS single cuts?

Cellentani- I love your supernova! It is beautiful, and I really like that setting. I agree, the diamonds definitely look dark in the first couple pictures, but the whole piece seems to brighten up significantly after you placed the tourm in it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/23/2009 1:21:28 PM
Author: szh07
This setting link says it has H VS single cut diamonds...has anyone ever specifically asked LOGR for VS single cuts?

Cellentani- I love your supernova! It is beautiful, and I really like that setting. I agree, the diamonds definitely look dark in the first couple pictures, but the whole piece seems to brighten up significantly after you placed the tourm in it.
I have and Stephen said it wasn’t an issue. When I finally received the setting, I can tell they were full cuts. I emailed him and his excuse is that he ran out of H VVS single cuts.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 1:26:26 PM
Author: Chrono

I have and Stephen said it wasn’t an issue. When I finally received the setting, I can tell they were full cuts. I emailed him and his excuse is that he ran out of H VVS single cuts.

Oh dear
38.gif
. That is quite unprofessional. If they were out, they should have let you know well before they even shipping it out.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 1:26:26 PM
Author: Chrono

I too, have specifically asked to upgrade the single cuts, but was told it wasn''t possible - any upgrade would be converted to full cuts. I don''t know what''s up with Stephen''s story...

Thanks everyone for your input - I''ll be back later, but gotta run now. Kids + afternoon = no pricescope, lol.
7.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to say this but LOGR''s diamonds (if you don''t upgrade) can be hit and miss. I''ve had some shockers and then (more recently), I''ve had some that I can certainly live with. I''m not sure but I have a suspicion that if you''re a repeat buyer you tend to get a slightly better ring if you don''t upgrade. I could be wrong but that definitely seems to be the case with me. The more I''ve bought the better quality and I haven''t had to upgrade.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As of many posts lately, it seems that his default diamonds are not as good as they used to be. They truly look I-quality, and I know he sometimes misstates the quality of his diamonds in his listnigs. Therefore, to anyone, if you ever see VS diamonds stated as the default diamonds in the listing, get written confirmation from him that they are truly VS, otherwise, you might end up with cloudy diamonds.

That being said, I do like he dantiness of this ring and the two-tone of it, but I think the size of the stone, coupled with the color, kind of overpower the setting. It should be a nicer marriage of the stone and setting together.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I actually do like the color combination with the pink stone. The diamonds aren''t fantastic but at least they are petite so you don''t notice in the handshots.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
The setting is nice but the diamonds do not sparkle at all.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the two tone, but yeesh not so much the diamonds. I was looking at a band ring of his that had single cuts..maybe I don''t want to keep looking at it!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the tourmaline in the yellow gold basket! However, I agree with TL that the stone and basket tend to overwhelm the delicate shank.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results