shape
carat
color
clarity

If you could visit any time in History where would you go and why?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me it would be Henry 8ths court. I would tell him that its the man who determines the sex of a baby and to stop blaming his wives!
9.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I would like to visit ancient Rome. I would love to see just how advanced they were...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 11:01:40 AM
Author:Maisie
For me it would be Henry 8ths court. I would tell him that its the man who determines the sex of a baby and to stop blaming his wives!
9.gif
Definitely!!
9.gif

The thing is though Bruddah, that by visiting Henry''s court, all our illusions would be shattered...
39.gif

a) That he did NOT look like Jonathon Rhys Meyer, no * honkin''* at this Henry.
40.gif

b) He smelled pretty bad by all accounts.
emotion-41.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''d just like to talk to these three:

Elizabeth I
Julius Cesar
Philip of Macedonia

mz

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 11:33:15 AM
Author: Lorelei

9.gif
Definitely!!
9.gif

The thing is though Bruddah, that by visiting Henry''s court, all our illusions would be shattered...
39.gif

a) That he did NOT look like Jonathon Rhys Meyer, no * honkin''* at this Henry.
40.gif

emotion-41.gif
Lol Bruddah!! He would be honkin for sure.. but no honkin at him
9.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

haha! Hubby and I were discussing this just the other night!

I'd like to visit the turn of the 20th century--New York and have a chat with Edith Wharton and Henry James.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGuy and I just finished watching Life on Mars. So first thing that comes to mind is I wouldn''t mind visiting 1973 and seeing what the world was like around the time I was born.

I wouldn''t mind checking out the time and place when Jesus walked the earth.

And lastly, what England was like in the Elizabethan era.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
The 1940''s into the 1950''s. Men were men, and the world had figured out that women really were the backbone of our society. But women were still quite feminine, even while doing a man''s job. The feeling of optimism after winning the War made the future seem quite bright to young men and women.

The clothes were interesting; the music was great; and we know the movies were all good!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
TGal, I was 14 in 1973. What do you want to know?
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 11:56:53 AM
Author: Maisie

Date: 3/1/2009 11:33:15 AM

9.gif
Definitely!!
9.gif

The thing is though Bruddah, that by visiting Henry's court, all our illusions would be shattered...
39.gif

a) That he did NOT look like Jonathon Rhys Meyer, no * honkin'* at this Henry.
40.gif

Lol Bruddah!! He would be honkin for sure.. but no honkin at him
9.gif
LOL!!! This type of honking definitely Bruddah!!!
emotion-41.gif
Not only was it him that stunk but his bad leg did too.....

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love seeing pictures from the 1940''s and 1950''s. I love how everything seemed so much more simple then. I love how women stayed at home and looked after the children while the man went out to work. I know this view probably isn''t very popular but I have been bringing up my kids for the past 18 years and hardly worked. I feel that my place is in the home.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 1:17:39 PM

emotion-41.gif
I know! I would love to have been able to squeeze the pus out of that!!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 1:22:10 PM

emotion-41.gif
9.gif
You are as bad as me Bruddah!!!
9.gif
I think the usual treatment for his manky leg was leeches!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I would love to go back to the 40's or 50's... Also, I'd love to get to wear corset's and hoop skirts and have gentlemen come "calling." Although, I don't think I could stomach seeing the slavery of the South pre-Civil War.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 1:33:29 PM

emotion-41.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Oh, well maybe we can squeeze the leeches afterwards?
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 2:38:40 PM

Date: 3/1/2009 1:33:29 PM

emotion-41.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Oh, well maybe we can squeeze the leeches afterwards?
31.gif
* pop*
41.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
How satisfying would that be! Squeeeeeeeeze... SPLAT!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 12:38:34 PM
Author: TravelingGal
TGuy and I just finished watching Life on Mars. So first thing that comes to mind is I wouldn''t mind visiting 1973 and seeing what the world was like around the time I was born.

I wouldn''t mind checking out the time and place when Jesus walked the earth.

And lastly, what England was like in the Elizabethan era.

T-Gal I was 24 in 1973 what would you like to know
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
like the TV show happy days. the 50''s would be fun.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, back to the 1950''s. That is when I was growing up. Some weekends my grandma would take my cousin and I to San Francisco. She would get all dressed up in her finest suit and hat. She would wear gloves. She would dress up too.

We would take the "trolley" and go shopping at the now defunct Emporium and a lot of other stores. We would go out for a fancy lunch.

All of the women were also well dressed. The men wore top coats and hats. After shopping, we would pick my grandpa up at the barber shop he owned and he would take us out to dinner.

Oh how I miss those times and my grandparents.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 1:12:04 PM
Author: HollyS
9.gif
what song was #1 in 73? how much was a Big Mac? how much for a gallon of gas? no cheating.
9.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
1.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I echo the 40''s and 50''s. My husband likes that time period as well. I like how women dressed then, I like the music, and I feel like there was more emphasis placed on family, like the mom staying home w/the kids. And I do feel like "men were men" then. "The Greatest Generation" and all.

I also have an interest in the Pioneer days..people were tough back then.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I remember McDonald''s hamburgers in 1973. Were they $.19 or $.29? I don''t think Big Macs came around until later. I remember gas at $.35 but 1973 was the time of the first oil crisis so it went up that year. I don''t remember the #1 song. [I was 19 in 1973].

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I want to go party in the Roarin'' Twenties and have a chat with F. Scott Fitzgerald. I love the style, music, and literature of that era.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1973....hmmmm, I was 14 also. I thought a McD burger was $.19? I remember gas at $.19 in the 60''s. Maybe $.79 in ''73? I have NO IDEA the #1 song. 1973 would NOT be the time I would go back too. Its really wasn''t much fun.(no computer, just a record player)
I would like to have met Lincoln and seen the pre war US.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, speaking of cold and smelly medieval places, I''ve always wished I could see how the Norse in Greenland lived. They lasted for 500 years (longer than the US has been a country, although of course there were civilizations here before that) and at one time had 6,000 people living there. Then they died off, making their existence so intangible. And how awful the last days must have been as their numbers dwindled, their livestock died off, and the weather got colder and colder.

I''m not sure it would matter to tell Henry VIII that the sex of the baby was his fault. He was married to his first wife for 18 years, and she was 42 when he divorced her. She had only produced one living (female) child, and he had produced a bastard son so he knew he wasn''t infertile or somehow only able to make girls. I think it was safe to assume Katherine of Aragon''s baby boat had left the dock at that point.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 3:15:36 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

9.gif
what song was #1 in 73? how much was a Big Mac? how much for a gallon of gas? no cheating.
9.gif
Well, I was only 14 so I''m not sure if I know about the gas price (probably less than .50/gallon); I didn''t usually pay for my own food and my parents hated Mickey D''s, but I know that when I was 17 you could get the Quarter Pounder, fries, and a drink for less than a buck. They hadn''t yet implemented the ''meal deals''.

Music -- I''m not sure I know the #1 song, but I can hear almost any song of the 60s or 70s on the ''oldies'' station, and beat my hubby at guessing the exact year. Kids have their ipods now, but we never did anything without our transistor radios on; my life as a kid and a teen definitely had a soundtrack. I can remember where I was, and what I was doing when I hear certain songs.

Let''s see: 1973 was a big year for the transition from Motown to the mild ballady type of music most people associate with the seventies. It probably wasn''t the Carpenters . . . and the Hollies would have been too rock . . . hmmm. In the spring of ''73, I was in eighth grade and I remember a big hit was Roberta Flack "Killing Me Softly With His Song". So maybe ??? I don''t really know about #1 songs.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 4:37:14 PM

Date: 3/1/2009 3:15:36 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

9.gif
9.gif
Well, I was only 14 so I''m not sure if I know about the gas price (probably less than .50/gallon); I didn''t usually pay for my own food and my parents hated Mickey D''s, but I know that when I was 17 you could get the Quarter Pounder, fries, and a drink for less than a buck. They hadn''t yet implemented the ''meal deals''.

Music -- I''m not sure I know the #1 song, but I can hear almost any song of the 60s or 70s on the ''oldies'' station, and beat my hubby at guessing the exact year. Kids have their ipods now, but we never did anything without our transistor radios on; my life as a kid and a teen definitely had a soundtrack. I can remember where I was, and what I was doing when I hear certain songs.

Let''s see: 1973 was a big year for the transition from Motown to the mild ballady type of music most people associate with the seventies. It probably wasn''t the Carpenters . . . and the Hollies would have been too rock . . . hmmm. In the spring of ''73, I was in eighth grade and I remember a big hit was Roberta Flack ''Killing Me Softly With His Song''. So maybe ??? I don''t really know about #1 songs.
Some great music came from those years.

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
Between the 1920''s and 1940''s, preferably in Los Angeles. I''m obsessed with the Art Deco period and old Hollywood glamour.
1.gif
My other choice would be ancient Egypt.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results