shape
carat
color
clarity

If you could go anywhere in the U.S. for 3 nights in April.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blingless

Rough_Rock
US Virgin Islands for me. Would have chosen St. Lucia had it not been for the United States restriction as it is the most beautiful place I''ve ever visited. But the US VI are awesome too. Here is a link: http://www.usvitourism.vi/

Much nicer than Hawaii in my opinion. If you go there and you don''t like it feel free to Flame me on the board.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
You mentioned Vancouver Kristy...have you been there before? It's beautiful!!! I think it could cover everything you are looking for in a vacation, without a very long flight.

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
I love Miami. The Ritz-Carlton is great and is subdued enough, unlike other SoBe hotels, to ensure that you get some sleep after a night out.

For me, I crave nature, living in NYC, so the Amangani in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, would be right at the top of my list.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2007 9:12:48 AM
Author: hlmr
You mentioned Vancouver Kristy...have you been there before? It''s beautiful!!! I think it could cover everything you are looking for in a vacation, without a very long flight.
I agree - but wait until august!!!!!!!!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee...for some reason I''m all over this thread...so much fun!

Well, I''ve rethought my original "hole up in a romantic cottage" ideas posted above.

IndyJones has sold me (she should work for the city!): Santa Fe!!

I''d find an upscale resort/spa (golf for him, pampering for you, hiking, riding, shopping for both), and great weather!

widget

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Santa Barbara. I love shopping on State Street and just walking up and down the beach and looking at the local artisit lovely creations on Sunday (I think that is why they have artwork for sale).

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
i agree with the votes for santa fe. dinner at the shed- YUM.

sedona would be great too if you want great spas and beautiful scenery.

san diego is great. i''d stay on prospect street in la jolla and visit the hotel del coronado for sunday brunch. the hotels on prospect street are much nicer than the hotel del in terms of accomodations.

boston is a great 3 day trip, but the flight time would cut into your vacation. it''s beautiful in the spring though.

i love chicago in any season.

banff would be beautiful any time of year.

i want a 3 day trip too!!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I like Mara''s idea for Palm Springs - Indian Wells - Palm Desert - we love to go there especially if we are looking for a warmer place, cause it''s too cool here!

I also think I would consider Scottsdale, AZ mainly cause we''ve never been there and it''s warm and there look to be a number of nice places to stay.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for all the suggestions!!! I was tempted by every single one. I've never been to Santa Fe but it's on my short list of "someday" destinations. We were in Sedona about 7 years ago and it was heaven....we stayed at the Wishing Well B&B, which was decadent. Hawaii is always dreamy but would suck up too much travel time. We've been to Santa Barbara and Palm Springs...very peaceful but not as much to offer on the "shows" and entertainment front. And Cehra -- thanks for the warnings about going up north that time of year. We don't want to take any chances so I'm taking your advice to heart!

So......DH and I have decided to go to Vegas.
9.gif
It has everything we want: shows/entertainment, incredible food, shopping, golf for DH, spa for me, and nature is just a short drive away. I'm also considering a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon....has anyone ever done that??? I wonder if I'm crazy for even thinking about it. We want to do things that we could never do with the kids around....but I don't want to do a copter ride if it means orphaning my kids!
32.gif
God forbid.

We'll probably stay at the Bellagio and check out a Cirque show or two. And we'll definitely eat at Okada at the Wynn (best Japanese food in Vegas). DH tells me that Sensi at the Bellagio is another must-eat restaurant.

I can't wait!!!! Thanks again all for all the great ideas!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering when we''d hear from you, and what you''ve decided...

LAS VEGAS???
23.gif
Hee hee...different strokes, I guess!

Don''t forget to check out Fred Leighton....I almost died when I visited...

Have a ball!!!

widget

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe, I know Widget. Not exactly what most consider a relaxing place. But as long as I can sleep in past 6am, I''m relaxed regardless where I am!
3.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 3:50:03 PM
I''m also considering a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon....has anyone ever done that??? I wonder if I''m crazy for even thinking about it. We want to do things that we could never do with the kids around....but I don''t want to do a copter ride if it means orphaning my kids!
32.gif
God forbid.

We''ll probably stay at the Bellagio and check out a Cirque show or two. And we''ll definitely eat at Okada at the Wynn (best Japanese food in Vegas). DH tells me that Sensi at the Bellagio is another must-eat restaurant.

I can''t wait!!!! Thanks again all for all the great ideas!
I have not. A friend''s mom insisted on doing a plane ride over the GC and my friend had to go with her. He said the turbulence was so bad his mom spent the whole trip with her eyes closed tight praying not to die!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2007 5:11:26 PM
Author: Beacon

Date: 2/26/2007 3:50:03 PM
I''m also considering a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon....has anyone ever done that??? I wonder if I''m crazy for even thinking about it. We want to do things that we could never do with the kids around....but I don''t want to do a copter ride if it means orphaning my kids!
32.gif
God forbid.

We''ll probably stay at the Bellagio and check out a Cirque show or two. And we''ll definitely eat at Okada at the Wynn (best Japanese food in Vegas). DH tells me that Sensi at the Bellagio is another must-eat restaurant.

I can''t wait!!!! Thanks again all for all the great ideas!
I have not. A friend''s mom insisted on doing a plane ride over the GC and my friend had to go with her. He said the turbulence was so bad his mom spent the whole trip with her eyes closed tight praying not to die!
Uuuuuuughhh. Exactly what I would be afraid of.
6.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Great choice Kristy! I hope you guys have a wonderful time. No better place for shopping, spa, golf, shows, gambling, and fantastic restaurants. I haven''t done the flight over the Grand Canyon, but I wouldn''t hesitate if it interests you.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 2:51:32 PM
Author: movie zombie
leave the kids, check into a hotel in your very own san francisco, and get to know your city even better. so often we ignore the jewel in our own backyard.

movie zombie
I was going to suggest the same thing - but I thought it would be thought of as lame.
1.gif

To add, nothing is more relaxing and liberating than to be a tourist in your *own* city.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since we live in a destination town, we get our fair share of visitors and so...we do a lot of exploration here at home. At this point, we know the city inside-and-out! I love my city, don''t get me wrong, but when you''re up to the gills with work stress and kid stress and general no-time-for-myself stress, I''d much rather get away from it all. KWIM?
5.gif
I need to escape!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results