shape
carat
color
clarity

If $ was no object - keep upgrading or a Forever ring?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was lucky enough to get my forever diamond from the start. I’ve had it reset because it could be resized up enough. My passion however is and always will be “bargain hunting”. I love nothing more than perusing ebay and physical auctions in the search for a little treasure that gets overlooked. I’ve scored some beauties in my time. I also love loose gems and crystal specimens - have some fabulous amythest caves. There a rather nice one going up for auction but it weighs 900 pounds! Yup, that’s a forklift to shift it.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think 3ct is my max on a size 4.25 finger which is why I have not upgraded my 3.01 F-SI1 pear. That is also the reason that I did not upgrade my 2.21 F-SI1 CBI diamond (RHR) but rather just bought another but nicer 2.79 F-VS1 CBI diamond for another RHR. I may reset the 2.21 in the future. Could have bought a nice honker for those two diamonds if I was going for size instead.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Rhea, you are right - it's probably part of being human - constantly wanting better, striving, etc...

@HappyNewLife , I go through obsessions too, lol! I have been lurking on your upgrade thread - congrats on your upcoming WF stone! Can't wait to see pics

@junebug17 , you sum it up well - that's my girlfriend's thought as well. And off topic but I am loving your kitty avatar! He looks like such a sweetheart :)

@Phoenix , it's so true that the holy grail is a moving target. About 10 years ago I thought my max was 3 carats - anything more than that was "too much" for me...and now I am loving that 10 carat EC on my finger! I do wonder too - even if the partner told me to just go for the 10 carat EC, I am not quite sure I would? Because part of the fun is the thrill of the hunt...although @MissGotRocks mentioned it can get frustrating! And stop putting ideas in my head with VCA and other pieces! :lol:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Humankind has not gotten bored with a few kinds of precious stones for several millenia... If you want one of those, I'd bet it will not be boring. If I am wrong, those items tend to sell well.

2c

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Forever ring for me. Ruby for sure! I have always dreamed of this as my ering. Hubby is a traditionalist, so I have a diamond.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Over 3 carat but less than 4 carats..G color set in platinum with perfect baguettes. An ACA or CBI stone. I'd be done.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 6ct VC E VS1 rb - as fast as my little legs could carry me to the store!

I do, however, have a bunch of other rings, which makes for great variety, and if I had to give them up to have 'the one ring' I don't think I'd want that trade off.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of my "dream rings". I want to have either a 3-stone (with either diamond or sapphire sides), or 5 stone graduated ring. In addition to funds, my current conundrum, is that I favor bezels stylistically, but you can't reuse a bezel setting if you ever want to upgrade or change the center stone... So I wait. Question. If you had the funds to get the center stone now, but don't have the funds for the entire setting, would you get the stone now, or wait until you have the money for everything. If you did buy the stone now, would you leave the stone unset or put in a temporary setting (200-400) to enjoy now?
_32621.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
untitled.png

If money were no object, I'd run as fast as my short, stumpy legs could carry me to Croghan's in Charleston, where I lovingly caressed this gorgeous SingleStone ring. But, as someone pointed out, the definition of dream ring is a moving target for me, though if money were no object, I could swap out at my every whim.

Right now, for the foreseeable future, no more upgrades for me, but as I like to tell my patient husband, there's a little (ok, a lot) more padding on me than when we got married, so why shouldn't my diamond also grow with me??

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a 3.5 carat F VS antique emerald cut at Jogahni that I just wanted. No trade in. This is in addition to MK. A cool $85k. Then I would have Victor help design an Art Deco bezel setting for it. This one would have side stones. See. I’ve got it all planned out. :lol:

MK is looking fab these days. Just gratuitously posting a pic. Thanks for letting me show her off.
91A3BA9A-7E60-4271-8B7E-1A9CFB3FBEE5.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
untitled.png

If money were no object, I'd run as fast as my short, stumpy legs could carry me to Croghan's in Charleston, where I lovingly caressed this gorgeous SingleStone ring. But, as someone pointed out, the definition of dream ring is a moving target for me, though if money were no object, I could swap out at my every whim.

Right now, for the foreseeable future, no more upgrades for me, but as I like to tell my patient husband, there's a little (ok, a lot) more padding on me than when we got married, so why shouldn't my diamond also grow with me??

DEEE-LISH!!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
untitled.png

Haha, you're hilarious!!:lol:

What are the specs for that g:love:rgeous g:love:rgeous diamond ring? I'm drooling over here!!:drool:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a 3.5 carat F VS antique emerald cut at Jogahni that I just wanted. No trade in. This is in addition to MK. A cool $85k. Then I would have Victor help design an Art Deco bezel setting for it. This one would have side stones. See. I’ve got it all planned out. :lol:

MK is looking fab these days. Just gratuitously posting a pic. Thanks for letting me show her off.
91A3BA9A-7E60-4271-8B7E-1A9CFB3FBEE5.jpeg

Pic of the EC?

Yours is looking GORGEOUS too!!:love:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like the 's' was missing in the thread topic.
'... keep upgrading or a Forever ring' should read 'keep upgrading or Forever rings'.
Right? ;)2

I want what I want and I want it now. =)2
Not interested in upgrading over time (I'm running out of time! :eek2:), and I don't think I'd want to change out of boredom or for 'the thrill of the hunt'. (Perhaps those words will come back to haunt me.:mrgreen2:)

I can see where an unlimited budget could have lead me to several upgrades/changes since having found PS. I might have purchased beautiful halos, elaborate settings, and different cuts, as I feel in love with all the wonderful rings I've seen here. But, with time and more thought, I've realized what actually suits me.

There are so many gorgeous rings on PS, but I keep coming back to the same things; styles that fit my personality, wardrobe and lifestyle.

It also seems as though I've experienced DSS and then reverse DSS without purchasing!
My 'ideal size' increased, then decreased, to settle where I now think I'd be happy.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Haha, you're hilarious!!:lol:

What are the specs for that g:love:rgeous g:love:rgeous diamond ring? I'm drooling over here!!:drool:
It was amazing! I wonder if it's still there...I don't see it on Croghan's website anymore, but I'll be down in Charleston in Dec. and will definitely pay it a visit.

It was an M, I think close to 3ct. Maybe just shy? I don't remember the clarity.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saturday afternoon, I posted that I want what I want and I want it now.
Thought I knew what I wanted when I wrote that.
Sunday morning, I saw @HS4S_2 's gorgeous Astrid rendition and found myself rethinking the setting for my 'forever ring'. :doh:

So, if money was no object, I'd immediately buy a diamond that (I think!) would be my forever diamond.
But I'm now wondering if I might want to change settings over time.
Or, more likely, I'd just take forever to make a decision on the setting. :think:

Here's HS4S's thread, in case you haven't seen it yet.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...pecial-rose-in-her-new-cvb_id-setting.235259/

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Forever ring. No question. The problem for me is knowing with certainty what that forever dream ring is.
And that doesn't mean there aren't fun bling projects along the way yanno? 8-)

!! Love it, @missy ! I was searching for “upgrade” threads and stories and had to bring this one to your attention. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forever ring. No question. The problem for me is knowing with certainty what that forever dream ring is.
And that doesn't mean there aren't fun bling projects along the way yanno? 8-)

!! Love it, @missy ! I was searching for “upgrade” threads and stories and had to bring this one to your attention. :appl:

Haha yes @KristinTech I love this thanks. I was thinking about Bubbalah (unnamed at the time) while I was writing this very post in October of 2017. It had been a year since I saw Bubbalah (saw her at the JAWS in 2016) and let her go despite Grace saying (she is wise) that this *is* my stone and she was willing to hold her for me too despite having another buyer because she felt she was meant for me. And I was so torn. I mean here was this perfect (to me) bright and beautiful breathtaking OEC and was I going to walk away from her? I thought long and hard about it but I was not yet in the emotional head space I think to pull the trigger since it was a big purchase and letting go of Bea was not the easiest decision.

When I wrote that post I was thinking of the final one that would never (probably 99.9% sure at least :!:) be upgraded again. And I admit thinking she (Bubbalah) was "the one that got away" from me never to return. Somehow though the universe aligned and she came back to me. And I am super grateful and appreciative that she did.
I can say that yes, Bubbalah *is* my forever ring.
1237380ar500lxyn4.gif

welcome_back001.gif

runaround1.gif

Bubbalah is home with me where she is meant to be and it feels so good.:love:

facetscloseup.jpg

Attachments

• baubbalahcloseupbeach.jpg
    baubbalahcloseupbeach.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 10

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ring of my dreams, HUGE Asscher.
bat%20eyes3.gif

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love my engagement ring so I don't think I'd upgrade, but if I hadn't got a sapphire he was going to buy me an EC diamond, so I often wonder what that would've been like. Also if I hadn't got an antique ring I might've asked for a purple sapphire (purple is my favourite colour). But I can always get others to wear as RHRs :praise: or swap over.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had a 5ct diamond, I'd be too worried about wearing it, so it would sit in the safe, so what's the point of having it?

:lol: Oops, eating my words here, ok, so not 5cts, but 4.56cts and I’m wearing her everywhere

079B54DD-2AED-4768-9501-E39D023464D4.jpeg

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My Ring is my one and only. I’ve seen bigger and technically better but they don’t do it for me the way my own ring does.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just don't think I would ever under any circumstances go above 2-2.5 carats.

So either/or. I could technically buy that now, but I'm happy with my 1.52 asscher.
this same thing for me. Except my current ring is just shy of 1 carat and I won’t ever stop wearing it! And I really didn’t care too much about fine jewelry till about 2 years ago, so who knows what the next dream/obsession will be.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results