shape
carat
color
clarity

If unable to obtain ASET images

jaycruz

Rough_Rock
Ideally the vendor you're working with, can produce ASET images. But if they're not able to, should one walk away completely or consider at least bringing it in to view in person provided the numbers appear to work?

The following are all I/VS1 and within 0.02CT of each other at around 1.2CT and priced within 200 of each other. I believe the first two should work numbers wise. The third one, I have no clue as the table is larger than the depth, but am curious nonetheless.

Diamond 1
Depth - 62.20%
Table - 54%
Crown - 34.5
Pavilion - 41
HCA - 1.9

Diamond 2
Depth - 61.80%
Table - 58%
Crown - 35.5
Pavilion - 40.6
HCA - 1.5

Diamond 3
Depth - 59.10%
Table - 60%
Crown - 32.5
Pavilion - 40.8
HCA - 1.5

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like buying a $5k+/1.0ct+ stone online without the ASET/IS, especially considering those proportions you listed.
If you are dealing with a local dealer and there is no charge and obligation to bring a stone in, I would do that at least.

jaycruz

Rough_Rock
flyingpig|1459304233|4012931 said:
I don't like buying a $5k+/1.0ct+ stone online without the ASET/IS, especially considering those proportions you listed.
If you are dealing with a local dealer and there is no charge and obligation to bring a stone in, I would do that at least.

The only way I can do the whole no charge thing, is to buy it and if I don't like it return it within the 30 day refund window.

I much rather have as ASET as well, but looking at whether it is a must have or are there proportions where one should feel fairly confident that the diamond should work. I would still have the option as last resort to return the diamond with no or minimal cost.

I quite often read HCA under 2 with these proportions:
Depth: 61-62.5
Table: 53-57
Crown: 34-35
Pavilion : 40.6-41

Should I look at fine tuning or narrowing down the range if an ASET is unavailable? Should I aim higher in clarity so that there is less chance of inclusions affecting light performance? Again last resort is available to return the diamond. But I would prefer not to have to use that last resort with any sort of frequency, if at all.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have pictures of these stones (up close) that you can post?

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I assume they have lab reports. AGS, GIA? Can you post the report numbers?

piano

Rough_Rock
jaycruz|1459360561|4013198 said:
flyingpig|1459304233|4012931 said:

The only way I can do the whole no charge thing, is to buy it and if I don't like it return it within the 30 day refund window.

I much rather have as ASET as well, but looking at whether it is a must have or are there proportions where one should feel fairly confident that the diamond should work. I would still have the option as last resort to return the diamond with no or minimal cost.

I quite often read HCA under 2 with these proportions:
Depth: 61-62.5
Table: 53-57
Crown: 34-35
Pavilion : 40.6-41

Should I look at fine tuning or narrowing down the range if an ASET is unavailable? Should I aim higher in clarity so that there is less chance of inclusions affecting light performance? Again last resort is available to return the diamond. But I would prefer not to have to use that last resort with any sort of frequency, if at all.

bold: remember, not all vendors cover for return shipping cost. We, client have to pay that fee. Just FYI.

I am in the same boat with you, looking for an e-ring. From all stones that I've asked, only one came back with IS/ASET images, the rest, nada, none.
I'm with flyingpig, not very comfortable buying $5k stone w/o getting to see the IS/ASET of it but too bad, for some reason, vendors don't offer it or don't have one.
HCA#, thinking about it as a sketch of person, from a sketch, we don't really see much, we need a real picture, or even better a real 3D picture.

jaycruz

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1459360897|4013201 said:
Do you have pictures of these stones (up close) that you can post?

I have a pic for diamond 1

There are 2 facets that bother me, the one at about 5 o'clock and one at 10 o'clock. Those aren't like the others, looks frosting/foggy and don't appear to reflecting light like the others.

I have another diamond that's interesting, though wondering if it's too deep, proportions are:
Depth: 62.8
Table: 56
Crown: 34.5
Pavilion : 41

_36946.jpg

diamond1_a.jpg

jaycruz

Rough_Rock
Texas Leaguer|1459378274|4013386 said:

Yes they do. However, I'm going to refrain from the posting certificate numbers, only because I've seen posts here before of others getting their potential diamond scooped up before they finalized their decision. It could be simply sheer coincidence, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

If there's an ability to PM on this forum, I'd happily send that over.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
jaycruz|1459957287|4016165 said:
Texas Leaguer|1459378274|4013386 said:

Yes they do. However, I'm going to refrain from the posting certificate numbers, only because I've seen posts here before of others getting their potential diamond scooped up before they finalized their decision. It could be simply sheer coincidence, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

If there's an ability to PM on this forum, I'd happily send that over.
Understood. That makes perfect sense. Are they GIA?

(No, there is no PM feature here. Everything on pricescope is geared to be public and transparent)

jaycruz

Rough_Rock
Texas Leaguer|1459957885|4016170 said:
Understood. That makes perfect sense. Are they GIA?

(No, there is no PM feature here. Everything on pricescope is geared to be public and transparent)

Yes they are all certified as GIA XXX.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results