shape
carat
color
clarity

if PS had a PM option will you activate yours?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I would!!!!! There are so many I would LOVE :D to talk to but we aren't in contact with, some I am so it would be nice to have that option!!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Many of the oldtimers are like family because we had PM and I feel in some ways the newcomers get left out a bit unless they find us on FB.
However they were turned off for very good reasons.
I dunno, I go back and forth on it but if they were available I would turn them on.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1317068652|3026124 said:
ame|1317066130|3026073 said:
History. And Kenny, yes, there are people who will be nasty in a PM because they don't want everyone knowing how nasty they can be.

Wow, well I'll say this right now.
If anyone did that to me I'd post their PM so it would not be private at all.
Protocol be damned.

Absolutely. Let everyone know what a jerk Mr./Ms. Nasty Note really is.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think i would activate it but i would certainly want the ability to block someone is I wanted to not chat with them.

liarudd

Shiny_Rock
What about at least making ps mobile accessible........ or a mobile application

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
The amount of, "Oh no, I hate PMs, people would say mean things to me!" is kind of hilarious for one reason - you don't like it, you delete it, and it's over. Is it really so scary to have someone say something mean to you? Don't wear your heart on your sleeve and it won't be a problem.

I am a part of several FB forums with a lot of people involved, meaning many personalities. In one, I have yet to see a disagreement, because we are all mothers and share that common interest without bad-mouthing. In the other, a handful of personalities have clashed rather aggressively (or passive-aggressively) and it is still not the end of the world. They hash it out, people either involve themselves or they don't, and then it ends and we move on. I really don't get why it would be so much harder to do so on here.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I don't really understand the fear of a nastygram. So someone says they don't like you in private. No big deal. Delete and move on. If they have a block feature, even better. I would be more concerned with saying something like "oh I'd really like X project one day" and having a bunch of vendors jump on it through PMs. That would be awkward for me if I were just day dreaming and now have to explain that I wasn't really serious. But nasty ones from people who don't like me? Allow me to introduce you to Mr. Delete and Miss Ignore.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't, and it's not because I think anyone would be nasty to me. But I just wouldn't want to know if anyone is being nasty to someone else, or have someone PM me to say, "I totally agree about what you said to so and so." I dunno, I'm weird about stuff like that. I like my opinion to be my opinion (not that I would be swayed) and I like to just keep my forum life clean without influence of what's going on my the background and backstories. I like to be ignorant!

I am involved in the aforementioned PS group with the moms. If anything is going on behind the scenes, I don't know about it, and I don't think there is anything to even talk about anyway. It's a nice group and generally anything I have to say, I'll say it to the group and not to someone in PM. I have the same philosophy here.

I was around when we had PMs, but didn't use it then (but I was a newbie, so who was gonna PM me?) I don't know what the drama was about, but I'm sure there was a legitimate reason they were cut off...if only because the owners of the forum just didn't care for the drama.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and another reason I don't like them is that if I say something in the forum to someone, or about something, and a person PMs me wanting to talk it out or "explain" their reasoning, or that I should change my opinion because X. Why can't you just say it in the forum where I'm talking to you or about the subject? And there's always some preface like, "Well, you don't know the whole story about so and so, or about this company, so let me tell you blah blah blah." Dude, I do not care. When I first signed up for FB I had a few PS members come find me, just to do the above. It's tiresome, and I think that's why I even turned of emails to me on FB at the time.

liarudd

Shiny_Rock
i guess im not the type to get caught up in gossipy stuff like that.... if i have something to say i say it - not hide from it....
if i "hid" from every opportunity to interact with someone because I was afraid they would say nasty things to me... i would have no friends.....

I would be missing out on a lot of friends..... if i thought that way, maybe I shouldnt even be on the internet - i mean im using my name right so now what? am i going to get nasty facebook messages??

Point is--- things are what you make of it - if you dont like what someone says to you online - dont respond.....
who cares what they think anyway - do they change who you are?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1317077009|3026266 said:
Yssie|1317069079|3026131 said:
I would keep mine deactivated except in very specific circumstances: reaching out to someone specific, contacting people regarding GTGs, selling/finding stuff, personal communications about something...

I honestly just have no interest in obligating myself to keep up with discussions and gossip outside of the forums - if it can't be posted online on PS or sent by email it's probably worth neither my time nor my attention. I have enough other venues for drama! I know a few PSers by email and there are definitely others I'd like to get in contact with, though.
I'm with Yssie.

+ another

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results