shape
carat
color
clarity

If it were your ring which would you do???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Fellow PSers,
I have a 1.08 pear in a cathedral setting with the tappered baguettes on each side (.30 cttw). I do not have a wedding band (thats how
this whole mess started
37.gif
).

Here is a bad pic of my pear ring...

anntop333.jpg

Here are my options...

1) Get a 5 stone 1 cttw anniversary (wedding band) from facets collection to wear next to my pear ering (aprox. $3000)
http://www.facetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=2602

2) Reset my pear in this setting a la PSers tresellas (james allen version $1800 in plat for ering and matching wedding band)

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-2803_design.asp?module=setting

here is tresellas but its a A. Jaffe ring (to much $$$)
ringtop.jpg

or
3) Get something like this setting ($2450 in plat)

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-matching-bands/ring/item_59-262_design.asp?module=setting

I''m looking for a little more bling....so...if it were your pear ring which would you do? Thanks for the input...I''m
33.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
You are thinking of resetting you pear?? The pic is kinda blurry, but I think it looks really lovely!!

I would go with option #1...I think that one would look really nice next to your current setting.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also go with #1. I have a .69 pear (RHR) and a 5 stone band and they look lovely together! With the baguette sides you will have a lot of variety to mix and match rings!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I like option #1 too because a.) I think it will look great with your ring, and b.) you get to keep your original e-ring, which has sentimental value

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
I think option #1, too.
That pear looks gorgeous, by the way...

Kat

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
OOOHHH, option #1! I love pears and I think your setting is so pretty. Please don''t change it out!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I''m with the others. Go with Option 1. Your ring is beautiful the way it is. I love cathedral settings by the way, and the tapered baguettes make it timeless.

But are you happy with your ring? Do you like the style? If not, then resetting to a style that you love would be a good option.

Also, if you want extra bling, you can also reset it into a pear three-stone (think Jessica Simpson). That would be lovely!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I would keep you pear as it is and I like the idea of the 5-stone. I would also consider an alternating baguette and round partial eternity as a possibility - kinda like this. I had something similar and it looked great. I think it would go well with your baguettes.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with option 1 as well. It would be gorgeous. Love your ring too.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2.06 pear in a simple tiffany style mounting. I also have a 5 stone platinum 1 ct. band. I have to tell you they look just a little funky together, and I suspect against a 1 ct. Pear even more so?

A 1 ct. 5 stone has .20 diamonds. I''m going to suggest something slightly smaller, perhaps .15 or .10.

I wish I had pics to show you, but the .20 pointers are a little overwhelming. It''s more of a stand alone band, than a band you put with your solitaire.

Love your setting by the way, very classic
1.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I guess I''d say #1, but I''m not a fan of any of these options. If it were me, I''d keep the setting as is and add a baguette wedding band to match the baguettes in your ring...maybe something like this or this, but with thinner, longer baguettes to match your ring.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2009 9:57:41 PM
Author: jstarfireb
I guess I''d say #1, but I''m not a fan of any of these options. If it were me, I''d keep the setting as is and add a baguette wedding band to match the baguettes in your ring...maybe something like this or this, but with thinner, longer baguettes to match your ring.
Thats a good idea.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d get all baguettes. I love the look of your existing setting. Very elegant.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 5:32:34 AM
Author: Gypsy
I''d get all baguettes. I love the look of your existing setting. Very elegant.
I agree 100%. I know you said you wanted more sparkle, but nothing beats the classy sleek nature of baguettes. Not only that, by adding rounds, you''ve got three different stone types going on, and that looks as if you couldn''t make up your mind about shape, or you got a good price on the rounds. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!!
35.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank everyone for their feedback (keep it coming)...gives me some things to consider.

I tried on the baguette ring that matches my ering ($2200). My thoughts were...well its alright.
I didnt pick my ering setting. It probably wouldnt have been my first choice but I am fond of it now.

I tried on a .75 total carat w. 5 stone and the stones sort of disapeared beside my ering. My ering
sticks up pretty high so if the wedding band (read stones) dont set up high then they get lost.

Here is another PSers ring that I liked but I could never find out how big the stones on her ering
were. I think her main stone is around 2 carats if I''m not mistaken.

Pear with wedding ring 1 small version.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 7:07:03 PM
Author:tyty333
Hi Fellow PSers,
I have a 1.08 pear in a cathedral setting with the tappered baguettes on each side (.30 cttw). I do not have a wedding band (thats how
this whole mess started
37.gif
).

Here is a bad pic of my pear ring...

anntop333.jpg

Here are my options...

1) Get a 5 stone 1 cttw anniversary (wedding band) from facets collection to wear next to my pear ering (aprox. $3000)
http://www.facetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=2602

2) Reset my pear in this setting a la PSers tresellas (james allen version $1800 in plat for ering and matching wedding band)

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-2803_design.asp?module=setting

here is tresellas but its a A. Jaffe ring (to much $$$)
ringtop.jpg

or
3) Get something like this setting ($2450 in plat)

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-matching-bands/ring/item_59-262_design.asp?module=setting

I''m looking for a little more bling....so...if it were your pear ring which would you do? Thanks for the input...I''m
33.gif
tyty, I''m sorry you feel this is a mess. Personally, I''d love a mess like that sitting on my finger, I think your ring is lovely. Here''s my 2 cent''s worth:

You obviously fell in love with that ring initially - do you still love it? Is it just the wedding ring dilema that is getting to you?

Is it important that your wedding set is really "matchy matchy"? If so, later on down the road if you want to add another ring to the mix, you might have trouble because the old set won''t match with any new piece.

Have you looked at the wedding set thread? There are good examples there of matched and non-matched sets.

What about putting a plain thin band in the same metal as your engagement ring underneath and then a diamond set ring under that. Bear in mind that the fat bottom end of your pear is the arc of a circle. I don''t think your option 1 will look bad at all in this scenario.

Time to go off to the shops and try a bunch of different styled rings on to see what looks good on your finger. There is only so much idea you can get looking at pictures, even if you do plan on buying on-line. Why not take your camera with you and snap a couple of alternatives and then post them for comment.

Good luck with your search.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your feedback Gailey...I dont think I''ve seen that thread before. Here is a round with a 5 stone...mine would look like this but with a pear instead.

kevincourt.jpg

I would like to find out how big her 5 stone is.

I was just kiddin about the mess
37.gif
. I love my stone and I''m ok with the setting. Its a nicely made
setting and it is in platinum. I was thinking if I went 5 stone that maybe in a few years I would put the
pear on the matching 4 stone ering. That would be plenty of bling I think. Or have another band made
(4 stone) to sit around the pointed end of my current ering. So, I could keep my ering th way it is and
have a 5 stone on one side and a 4 stone on the pointed side.

I have tried on some rings. I actually bought a CZ 5 stone to wear around with my ering to see if I like
it (its actually a nice fake ring - it sparkles a lot for being fake
4.gif
). I do like the way it looks. However, this
is the most expensive of my options and I want to be sure its exactly what I want before I buy. I have
yet to tell my DH how much its gonna cost him
39.gif
. I''m sure he wants me to be happy, he just prefer
I be happy with a less expensive ring!

Gonna go try to find out the cttw on that 5 stone pictured above!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Option 1!!! I love the pic posted above, your pear would look grogeous with a 5 stone.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your e-ring setting, so I would chose option #1.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the curved band that you showed with someone elses ring - can you get one made some the proportions are right for your ring? I would nOT change the setting of your ring and much prefer it to the other setting you showed.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! You guys are really shocking me! I thought you would all go for a total reset!

That 5 stoner pictured above is 90 pts I believe. 18 pts each diamond.

I guess that pretty much settles it...5 stoner it is
36.gif
. Now, does anyone want to tell
my DH how much its gonna cost him
14.gif
?

Anyone??
9.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
3k sounds like a lotta lolly for a 5 stone band
40.gif

How come these two are your only options? Did you consider a plain band?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Steel,
No, I didnt consider a plain band because I wanted to add some more bling (somehow). I agree 3k does
sound like a lot. I initially thought I could get one for $1500 but the price kept creeping up
32.gif
to get
exactly what I wanted/needed. My ering is plat so I wanted plat. My ering stone is D color so only certain
off the shelf 5 stones would work (I''m not usually color sensitive except when you put 2 colors next to
each other that are different then I can tell). Plus I want either VS2 or eye clean SI1s and when they are
off the shelf, ususally when you getd a higher level color (D,E,Fs) you ususally get a higher level clarity.
So...cha-ching I ended up at $3 grand (actually $2800). If anyone knows of where I can get it cheaper,
please...(my husband begs of you) let me know.

Oh, btw this is my 10 year anniversary gift.
36.gif
I havent been wearing a band for 10 years.

Tyty

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like your current setting and I''m another one who loves the 5-stones, obviously ;-) I''d wear them on opposite hands though so that they both shine on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results