shape
carat
color
clarity

If I may vent for just one moment please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
AND SCREAM AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS AND CRY FOR A MOMENT!!!

I am so frusterated...I am having one of "those" days where nothing feels that it is going right...

I am not good with cars...not at all. I know how to fill them up with gas, park them, and drive them...that''s about it. So little did I know that sometimes cars with the latest/greatest technology go crazy...

Basically, everything started getting out of control as I was anticipating for a big meeting...I flipped on my remote start to warm the car up...waited about 15 minutes...ran to the car, put my purse (with my key pad) inside realized I forgotten my glasses...hopped out of the car, ran back inside...only to come out and find that my car has somehow locked itself up!! Sealed tight with all my belongings...

Now, I have a new car with the keyless technology...button touch stuff. For the most part, it''s wonderful...never having to rumage for keys certainly makes life a little easier. But somehow, some way the just locked itself up with the pad inside (which, it''s not supposed to do!!!) the car is supposed to sense the pad and not let the doors lock. And, I know for certain, I didn''t hit the lock button inside the car. So, P.S. my cell phone was inside, so I couldn''t even call to let the people know I was running late....ugh.

My husband keeps my spare, so that was nowhere in sight. It was a freakin'' nightmare come to life. I immediately called my roadside assistance...they told me 30 minutes but showed up 45 minutes later...and, I missed the meeting.

I shouldn''t have gotten out of bed. Ugh.

Thanks for letting me vent.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your car starts up by remote? Did I ever mention that my husband majored in Physics and is obsessed with robot stuff. Your car is rebelling against you by locking you out and is one step away from taking over the world!!!

lol

I hope your day gets better.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's sort of remote. You still have to push the button that is located on the dashboard of the car, but the key must be within X distance.

IH,
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles today.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha I know. My SIL has a one. I just think of these things and the future of AI and it freaks me out. I need to stop watching the "Sarah Conner Chronicals."
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it because if I forgot something in the house, I don''t have to turn of the car to run in. In addition, I never have to take the keys out of my pocket anymore unless it''s to enter the house. However, this is the first I''ve heard of the car auto-locking. I thought it only does that when it is put into the Drive gear? I guess it is programmable though so this feature should be changed if IH doesn''t want to get locked out again.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, erk - Italia, how awful! It''s things like this that make me believe in Murphy''s Law. I hope your day improves - may I suggest the judicious application of chocolate/red wine?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Ah, man! I am sorry sounds like a very rough start to your morning!
Hugs!
35.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
sounds rough!!! sorry you are off to a bad start. hope the day gets better!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hope your day ends better than it started.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
Sorry Italia! I hope your day improves!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Well, on a positive note, I did discover this isn''t a once-in-a-lifetime fluke...this actually happens a lot to other owners of the same car

Basically....when using auto-start or remote start, that application actually overrides the one-touch system...meaning...even when I turned the car on and shut the door, because I neglected to tap the break, the remote start system went into "protection mode"--hence it locking up. So, although it sucks, at least next time I can learn from my obviously big fat mistake
38.gif

But, on the other hand, that scares me. What if I had had my dogs in the car? Or been in my parking garage late at night? This is a big design flaw...and one I need to have fixed pronto!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Go home and take a nice hot bubble bath! That always melts away the stress!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awww...so sorry about that Italia - I completely know how you feel, those days just suck, big time
7.gif

I hope you can go home soon and have a big glass of wine and a hot bath!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results