shape
carat
color
clarity

If I buy a pair of CS, how do I get them turned into studs?

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
I'm working on a project for my wife's 40th birthday. I'm wanting to purchase a pair of colored stones and then have the turned into stud earrings. Based on reading past posts I think I could get a ring made, but what do people do when it comes to earrings?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: If I buy a pair of CS, how do I get them turned into stu

You can go to almost any respectable local jeweler to have them made into studs. Some people here send stones off to be set, but I generally do that kind of thing locally.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

Same process, really, just for different end product. If you have a local jeweler/benchman who will set the stones for you they will more than likely be able to order you a stock setting if that's what you are looking for or you can go custom and have the settings made. Whoever makes your custom setting, should you choose to go that way, will probably also then take care of setting the stones.

If you are looking for a simple, standard four prong stud earring I would have a jeweler order it and set the stones. It's worth noting, also, that if you want to go this route calibrated stones sizes are helpful. Odd stones sizes/shapes often require custom settings.

Good Luck!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

Are you looking for vendor rec's?

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for the suggestions. It's funny, I didn't even think to go locally, I think I get too caught up in the online mentality :oops:

The San Francisco Jewelry center is literally around the corner from here so at least I'll have some places to ask :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've had great luck with a local jeweler for mounting stones. I can't wait to see your studs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results