shape
carat
color
clarity

"If diamonds can drill through rock..."

lokelani

Rough_Rock
"... then what do they use to cut diamonds?"

An interesting/slightly funny thought brought about by my fiance earlier today! We were talking about how fascinating diamonds are, how old the stone must be that's on my hand and such, and I also mentioned how I had read that due to a diamond's extreme hardness, they are often used for industrial purposes such as drilling equipment. But, I didn't know the answer to his question! :wink2:

So, what's tough enough to do the job? What type of material is used to cut diamonds?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lokelani|1292472497|2798237 said:
"... then what do they use to cut diamonds?"

An interesting/slightly funny thought brought about by my fiance earlier today! We were talking about how fascinating diamonds are, how old the stone must be that's on my hand and such, and I also mentioned how I had read that due to a diamond's extreme hardness, they are often used for industrial purposes such as drilling equipment. But, I didn't know the answer to his question! :wink2:

So, what's tough enough to do the job? What type of material is used to cut diamonds?
diamonds... ;))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They use DancingFire's head. :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1292472873|2798245 said:
They use DancingFire's head. :lol:
:o ...didn't know my head was that "HARD"... :naughty:

lokelani

Rough_Rock
LOL! Oh geez you guys, I'm way too gullible for this! :lol:

lokelani

Rough_Rock
... but really though, is that true? Like diamond-coated blades or something? :o

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lokelani|1292473229|2798252 said:
welcome to PS.. :appl: :appl:

lokelani

Rough_Rock
Dancing Fire|1292473437|2798255 said:
lokelani|1292473229|2798252 said:
welcome to PS.. :appl: :appl:
Hehe, thank you! I've actually been around for about a year under a different name when I was a LIW, but I decided to drop it for a new one since it's the same SN as on another forum which I'd rather not have tied to my presence here. I actually think I even read in the policies to not double up on SN's from other forums? Meh, I wasn't a super prolific poster before anyway. Just time for a fresh start now that I actually *own* a diamond, haha! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results